Transfer rumours

Both Ebiowei and Ebosele were good in parts for Derby. Ebiowei had a trick and could go past anyone, but rarely had any end product. Ebosele was similar but relied on pace, not skill. 
FWIW I would have both of them back as they were exciting and we haven’t had loads of that since they left. 
Having said that, you kinda have to accept that young players with those attributes often aren’t consistent and if they were they’d be playing top half PL.

Ebiowei would be a good loan if we can get him anywhere near what he was like when he was here the first time. 

10 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Ebosele was the best wide player I've seen in 1v1s for Derby. Absolutely electric.

Ebosele only had blistering pace. Obviously, it was the most blistering of blistering pace, but he wouldn’t do you with a trick. That was the difference. 

24 minutes ago, roboto said:

You may see it that way, but I believe I saw a young-lad who had the chance to play at a club where he grew up, in the Premier League, under a progressive coach who was giving young players a chance to shine (Vieira) and thought he'd give it a go and see how his career would go from there. He's now at a different stage in his career and maybe this move would get the best out of him again?

I don't judge players for moving clubs. It's a part of the process. Clubs can easily get shot of players too, you need to look out for yourself in a ruthless professional environment.

If a professions that ruthless, given a chance to play and a contract offer, I'd feel some loyalty.  He didn't want to be part of a rebuild.  Fair enough but why benefit from it later on.  There's plenty of options out there.

14 minutes ago, Srg said:

Ebosele only had blistering pace. Obviously, it was the most blistering of blistering pace, but he wouldn’t do you with a trick. That was the difference. 

I seem to remember him megging a fair few tbf.

I'd have Ebiowei back in a heartbeat. Loved watching him in the Rooney season and I thought he was going to go on to become a regular Prem player.

As we've seen with Adams more recently, sometimes it just works out at a specific club. Maybe we're that club for Ebiowei too.

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Ebosele was the best wide player I've seen in 1v1s for Derby. Absolutely electric.

I remember him being like a bull running directly at people and into space, I don't remember him being great when faced up 1 on 1 when his afterburners were stalled.  He lost it a lot. 

1 minute ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I remember him being like a bull running directly at people and into space, I don't remember him being great when faced up 1 on 1 when his afterburners were stalled.  He lost it a lot. 

I disagree. 

His skill was almost stopping dead and then shifting the ball a few yards and going from 0-100mph in 2seconds.

4 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

I disagree. 

His skill was almost stopping dead and then shifting the ball a few yards and going from 0-100mph in 2seconds.

Would you say that was going past players into space, or beating them on the touchline and creating for forwards when he had the space.  I remember being frustrated that he would slow up as with his pace he could have so easily cut in and kept going.  He played against Hull after being dropped on his "trip" and did exactly that  and it was frustrating he didn't do it more. He was a very handy asset for raw pace and strength to turn defence into attack but silky smooth he wasn't. 

7 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Would you say that was going past players into space, or beating them on the touchline and creating for forwards when he had the space.  I remember being frustrated that he would slow up as with his pace he could have so easily cut in and kept going.  He played against Hull after being dropped on his "trip" and did exactly that  and it was frustrating he didn't do it more. He was a very handy asset for raw pace and strength to turn defence into attack but silky smooth he wasn't. 

His end product was definitely raw.

He also worked back a lot though. 

He had devastating pace and was strong. Felt he had the raw materials to be some player.

A mini-Adama Traore .... who also has no end product tbf

2 hours ago, Srg said:

He has also as strong as an ox and one of the best tacklers I have seen in recent times. Oh and he’s playing in serie A

2 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

He had that and fecked off first chance.

So hypothetically you’re a low level software engineer working at a tech company in Manchester that is on the brink of insolvency, albeit one that gave you your first full time role, and NVIDIA turn up and say “do you fancy coming to us and working in the US?”, you reckon you would say “no thanks it’s NW England for me, I’m loyal”? 

One thing that I’m not sure many recall/picked up on with Ebiowei is that his crosses were cracking. For all his trickery, that’s one thing that stuck with me. He does strike me as a signing in our current mould; player who’s got talent but lost his way slightly for whatever reason, so chance to rebuild reputation and us to get talent cheap. See Wilson.

1 minute ago, RaminBerlin said:

So hypothetically you’re a low level software engineer working at a tech company in Manchester that is on the brink of insolvency, albeit one that gave you your first full time role, and NVIDIA turn up and say “do you fancy coming to us and working in the US?”, you reckon you would say “no thanks it’s NW England for me, I’m loyal”? 

Firstly, we made him an offer.  We couldn't have done that in insolvency, we were past that point.

Secondly, yes if i'd spent two years bobbing around companies and being let go and was offered a concrete job and felt valued .  Also my mate worked in America for two years for a tech company and it was s****, hardly any annual leave.  

55 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

This is how he compared with other Championship wingers. He was the best defensive winger, but was also in the top 3 for dribbling (not too shabby at crossing either). Although, as you rightfully point out he wasn't too succesful at them. He also lacked end product.
However, anyone who watched him at youth level could have told you all of that - which is why he would have been best as a RB/RWB for us and that's where he's played for Udinese. However, we lacked wingers, and had Byrne who could play RB.

image.png.27fd660773b71403c749f4ead3a5970c.png

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

He was the best defensive winger, but was also in the top 3 for dribbling (not too shabby at crossing either). Although, as you rightfully point out he wasn't too succesful at them. He also lacked end product.

08433dd1f02be2e54d1d6c3801f0295d2fd0a7262942dee074c2f8cb.thumb.png.f7c1876e651ae97c039ddd0737689767.png

Compared to Ebiowei who had decent end product (poor finishing from strikers) and was easily one of the best dribbler in the league. He had something ridiculous like 0.8 nutmegs per 90 which is outrageously high and the highest I've ever seen.