Transfer rumours

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Nothing to do with the fact that he actually knows very little then?

He knows a hell of a lot more than your average twitter user, to be fair.

Nixon has always had contacts in clubs in the North (particularly Wigan). He's like a lot of these journalists - he gets fed information by agents/parties to the players and shares it.

That information he's being given is also necessarily true. Agents do this sort of thing all the time to try and manoeuvre their clients moves/better contracts.

19 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Nixon has always had contacts in clubs in the North (particularly Wigan). He's like a lot of these journalists - he gets fed information by agents/parties to the players and shares it.

That information he's being given is also necessarily true. Agents do this sort of thing all the time to try and manoeuvre their clients moves/better contracts.

My nan knows a hell of a lot more than your average Twitter user...and she has been dead for 25 year.

Would be interesting to see what percentage of stuff that he posts is actually true or comes to fruition, my guess would be a very low figure. 

26 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

My nan knows a hell of a lot more than your average Twitter user...and she has been dead for 25 year.

Would be interesting to see what percentage of stuff that he posts is actually true or comes to fruition, my guess would be a very low figure. 

Nixon was the first and the only person to brake the news that Darren Bent was about to cut his loan at Brighton short and sign for Derby.

As much as 99% of his stories end nowhere, he does get some stuff right.

Another day, another questionable Twitter link to a former Forest player now available on a free…

As always large pinch of salt with this sort of thing but this is the transfer rumours thread after all. That Account has 23k followers but that’s no confirmation of trustworthiness. Likely to be nonsense….but he was playing in Denmark on loan and Warne went out there on a scouting trip… 👀😉

2 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Another day, another questionable Twitter link to a former Forest player now available on a free…

As always large pinch of salt with this sort of thing but this is the transfer rumours thread after all. That Account has 23k followers but that’s no confirmation of trustworthiness. Likely to be nonsense….but he was playing in Denmark on loan and Warne went out there on a scouting trip… 👀😉

I love the thought of Warne getting on a plane to scout players, rocking up in Denmark and Holland, thinking we are finally going to sign some foreign talent, and then he only looks at British players out on loan called Scott or Paul 😆

4 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

no chance he wants a last paycheck. at his age last opportunity to get a big contract 

1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I love the thought of Warne getting on a plane to scout players, rocking up in Denmark and Holland, thinking we are finally going to sign some foreign talent, and then he only looks at British players out on loan called Scott or Paul 😆

I very much think that particular rumour is waffle but it would be interesting seeing the reaction if he’d popped onto the continent to scout a player who’s been based a few miles down the road for a few years. 

2 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

McKenna did ok v Man City in the Champions League last season . Quite good in the Championship but not good enough for the Prem . However , left sided centre half , would he replace Cashin ? If we are going for the 3 Year plan , he would be the type of player we should be signing . 

2 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

I might be wrong but I think there's a "not" missing after "also"

53 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

.. or just maybe, the crap on FB and X and elsewhere is made up by people wanting to look ITK or by clickbaiters looking for advertising revenue.

57 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I very much think that particular rumour is waffle but it would be interesting seeing the reaction if he’d popped onto the continent to scout a player who’s been based a few miles down the road for a few years. 

He would be a very good signing though.

I'm actually excited with some of the names linked at the minute...I just hope they are real links and not Twitter waffle.

2 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Nathan Trott and Bailey Peacock-Farell were both playing in Denmark last season