Josh Murphy - Signed for Portsmouth

• 3 weeks later...

2nd one we've made an offer to that's gone elsewhere if that's the case.  I think we can get better.  We probably won't however, as despite stripping out the midfield and getting a brucie bonus on cash for promotion we must be offering magic beans.  If we need to sell Cashin to actually bring in some players of the relevant level let's do it and tell Sibley and Collins to s*** or get off the pot to free up some more wages.  We need players not more fecking back room staff.  Especially those whose game is cricket. 

4 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

2nd one we've made an offer to that's gone elsewhere if that's the case.  I think we can get better.  We probably won't however, as despite stripping out the midfield and getting a brucie bonus on cash for promotion we must be offering magic beans.  If we need to sell Cashin to actually bring in some players of the relevant level let's do it and tell Sibley and Collins to s*** or get off the pot to free up some more wages.  We need players not more fecking back room staff.  Especially those whose game is cricket. 

Who was the other one & was an offer confirmed?

Not fussed about Murphy not signing. Had a great end to the season but much rather sign likes of Dembele.

Looking at the replies to the announcement from Oxford he's leaving, the general consensus from Oxford fans is that he was there two years and for 1.5 of them he was anonymous. Then went on a mad run the last few months. 10 goals in 62 appearances. 

Kind of player we have signed before after a purple patch, Blackman, Waghorn etc. Who have had one good spell.

I'd much rather Dembele. Younger, higher ceiling.

52 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Easy Tiger !

1 hour ago, Ramdale said:

Hardly an inspiring list that. Hope we’ve got some better targets lined up.

Would’ve only taken Murphy if Barkhuizen/ Sibley left this summer

The same with Jackson if Collins/Washington leaves. 

“Like for like” otherwise not an improvement on what we already have.

Pleased we did not get him, much prefer NML and think CBT will do alot better next season, need to try and get players around the 24 to 28 age group in, apart from the goal keeper can be older, also Adams as well, as he has proved himself last season. 

Keeping my fingers crossed for a couple of quality signings before the weekend. 

Edited by DerbyAleMan