UEFA Euro 2024 Thread

Day

I’m not trolling when I say this but we miss Harry Maguire.

Slovakia’s goal doesn’t happen with Maguire in the side as he wins the first header.

Plus we miss his threat from set pieces.

Guehi may be a better ball playing defender that Maguire but we are playing so slow and compact that his presence has made zero difference from the perspective of playing out from the back.

4 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

True southgate has to shoulder alot of the responsibility but these players are meant to be superstars when are we going to see them perform 

They’re superstars for their clubs, Just ordinary players when playing for their country

If I were a manager I'd fine any one of my players if they received the ball and then stood still with it. Far too much of that going on. Keep the thing moving, get some bloody tempo into the game, don't allow them to get back into their shape. And besides anything else it is bloody irritating. 

Just now, Millenniumram said:

Yes you can. That’s like saying tactics don’t matter in football - tactics are everything. You stick Gordon on and have an actual LB in defence, and we easily win this game.

Tactics are not everything players don't miss open goals and make poor passes due to tactics 

Over five hours of football played at the Euros and only two goals scored.

With the attacking talent available, something isn’t right.

Are we simply missing a creative midfielder? A Modric, Kroos, Rodri, Odegaard type player who can set the tempo of a game?

Bellingham and Rice have benefited alongside top class midfielders. Together they look average.

Just now, Bris Vegas said:

Over five hours of football played at the Euros and only two goals scored.

With the attacking talent available, something isn’t right.

Are we simply missing a creative midfielder? A Modric, Kroos, Rodri, Odegaard type player who can set the tempo of a game?

Bellingham and Rice have benefited alongside top class midfielders. Together they look average.

You just said we were missing Harry Maguire.

And I screamed.....