UEFA Euro 2024 Thread

Day

Just now, Alph said:

It's not like England are particularly sitting back. It's that they are so sloppy in possession that they don't give Denmark a single thing to fear. 

Killed their own momentum

I don't see them pressing the man in possession at all.

2 minutes ago, Simon Bradley said:

Same old Southgate this is Italy all over again we have some of the best attacking players in the world and he will not let them loose and people think paul Warne is bad 

His football is horrendous, criminal to be this negative with the players at his disposal. Id of managed this team to a final, and before people say "CM24 got you like" I retired from my managerial career after LMA on the PS2 and I'd still do a better job right now.

1 minute ago, Crewton said:

I don't see them pressing the man in possession at all.

I thought that looked more like a system issue in that Denmark have the width to create an outball. 

England tend to defend deep in all circumstances don't they? Which is fine. But then when you pick the ball up you're naturally deep. And if you have Harry Kane hitting a cross field pass along the floor without looking... You're staying deep. 

Southgate should react. There's plenty he appears to have wrong here. I'm normally quite complimentary of Southgate. But there's a lot wrong here.

6 minutes ago, Srg said:

Something fundamentally poor about how this team is set up. We have no out ball to get us up in possession beyond half way line. When we get there, we are fine, we just don’t seem to have a clue how to get there though. 

Circa 25mins Saka runs down the left...nobody runs with him for support...all still in midfield 🙄

This Euro Comp has gone back to the old format...England are still poor, Southgate said yesterday...we can play better than we did against Serbia...Can we?

You can tell these players haven't properly had good sit down talk with each other since the Iceland game. A lot of them are looking at each other expecting rather than taking the game by the scruff of the neck.

The tournament has been really enjoyable so far and - while I haven’t seen anywhere near all the games - many teams seem to be playing with more intensity and tempo. Been some real end to end games. 

England are still playing this slow, passive, tippy tippy standing still crap… but we surely have the players to go at teams and scare them to death. Let them off the bloody leash! 

Awful half. Again. Mentality of this team is all wrong. Supposedly one of the best sides in the tournament and same old shtick, score a goal and then instantly drop to 60% effort and defend for the rest of the match.

Only positive here is that we’re not losing. Play like that in the second half and I’d fancy Denmark to do us.

6 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Still can’t believe Jordan Pigfoot is our best keeper.

I don't think he's ever really let England down has he? Can't say I'm a big fan of all his "poophousery" he does playing for Everton but he's a solid enough keeper 

12 minutes ago, eddielewis said:

You can tell these players haven't properly had good sit down talk with each other since the Iceland game. A lot of them are looking at each other expecting rather than taking the game by the scruff of the neck.

May be with a manager who wants to play to our strengths rather than try and shore up our weaknesses.

2 minutes ago, abertawe_ram said:

I don't think he's ever really let England down has he? Can't say I'm a big fan of all his "poophousery" he does playing for Everton but he's a solid enough keeper 

I find it really strange to single out a goalkeeper that has 30 clean sheets for England for criticism in this game....