UEFA Euro 2024 Thread

Day

30 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

Is there no English player with a half-decent left foot who can play left-back?

I've nowt against Tripper, but fook me he's soooo predictable.

Bowen and Saka are both left footed would they do a job as a up and down wing back but would that mean moving to a 3 at the back?

That was total dog s****...  You'd think with this being his last few weeks in charge Southgate would want to go out with a bang.  At this rate we're going out with a whimper in the last 16.  And this Trippier experiment isn't working, I's rather have Saka at LB, he's played there before and at least he'd give us some width.  Go 3-4-3 and cover for Stones being off the pace.

Edited by ramsbottom

8 minutes ago, Ram-Alf said:

I'd say that TAA England career while Safegate is manager is very limited after that interview.

Ferdinand is right...players should get together and start pointing fingers 

image.png.e68bef64e8fcc2a5a7175b61d74faa89.png image.png.4a1e615a0b112c0080790e1b1ef581d6.png

If they are unable to put 10 yard passes together without help from their manager I think they should probably be taking a closer look at themselves. 

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

If they are unable to put 10 yard passes together without help from their manager I think they should probably be taking a closer look at themselves. 

But but but...it's the manager who picks those players who can't put a 10 yard pass together...init😊

16 minutes ago, Ram-Alf said:

I'd say that TAA England career while Safegate is manager is very limited after that interview.

Ferdinand is right...players should get together and start pointing fingers 

image.png.e68bef64e8fcc2a5a7175b61d74faa89.png image.png.4a1e615a0b112c0080790e1b1ef581d6.png

Did he genuinely suggest the players should turn on Southgate?

12 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Yes and no. If your players are all that deep it makes it very easy for the opposing players to cut the options out.

If it was a one off then I'd say it was the players mentality, however Southgate seems to play for moments after we go ahead, this is not just one game, it's several. If he gets the results, fair enough, however get it wrong with the talent he has and he deserves every bit of criticism.

Was a fuking tragic game as contraversial as it is I would drop Kane as he is not what we need up top with such a defunct midfield we need pace and energy and ability to press so I would go with Watkins Foden and Saka and ufront with Bellingham Rice and Palmer in a 4231 I think we need to press from the front and play with more energy Kane is droppable for me captian or not if he ambles around like Rooney for Derby.

Summed up Southgate's hideous management.

Score a goal. Sit back and the midfield camp in their own half. Tactically inept and again demonstrating he cannot turn games around.

Kane, Bellingham, Foden and Saka are on paper the best attacking force in the tournament yet this Muppet can't get the best out of them.

When we went 1-0 up that atrocious deep press happened again.  We didn't initiate a press until they were in our half and strolling towards the edge of the centre circle. 

I think he's studied tournament football and decided that's the way to win it. Get a goal and sit. I don't like it. And it doesn't seem to work with our players. 

This is tongue in cheek but if I were asked to guess at the England team instructions they would be

Don’t Run
Pass backwards and sideways as much as possible
The back four must not go further up the pitch than the 18 yard area.
Don’t try to press
Keep out of the opponents penalty area as much as possible

What  a terrible performance 

Edited by Elwood P Dowd

35 minutes ago, Returning ram said:

Yes and no. If your players are all that deep it makes it very easy for the opposing players to cut the options out.

If it was a one off then I'd say it was the players mentality, however Southgate seems to play for moments after we go ahead, this is not just one game, it's several. If he gets the results, fair enough, however get it wrong with the talent he has and he deserves every bit of criticism.

A manager that misses a penalty from 12 yards is coaching players to pass short, Those players aren't able too atm.

Now that sarcasm is out of the way...why is it players have this problem.

Players today are over coached...imo, Time on the playing field, Time in the class room with white boards, Time with individual coaching, Time watching other teams videos.

Where's the freedom of expression gone, Why have we got very very good players that perform for their clubs but struggle at International level, Some are being played out of position, Some are told not to be over exuberant, Some are told to play it safe.

Who on our coaching staff have won trophies for their clubs at the highest level...if they even played pro football, At times with England it's like they've been given a Gran National winner then they have one of it's legs amputated.    

Edited by Ram-Alf

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

Isn’t this typical England?

When was the last time we played 3 won 3 in the groups?

I don’t recall it ever happening in my lifetime.

Also didn’t we draw with Scotland in the last euros?

I’m not sure why expectations are so high. We’re never going to dominate with our defence and midfield.

You need more than a top striker, winger and attacking midfielder to run over teams. It stems from the quality at the back and holding midfield, something we lack.

And then throw in the fact that our left side of Trippier and Foden is just wrong. Will never work.

No. It appears to be typical Southgate though.

22 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

I'm so angry with England. 4 points from 2 games. We cannot win the tournament now.

Well we can, but playing like this would you be proud?

8 minutes ago, Norman said:

When we went 1-0 up that atrocious deep press happened again.  We didn't initiate a press until they were in our half and strolling towards the edge of the centre circle. 

I think he's studied tournament football and decided that's the way to win it. Get a goal and sit. I don't like it. And it doesn't seem to work with our players. 

Not when your strength is attacking. May be a team that can defend can do that. On a positive it isn’t the team that starts well in these tournaments it’s the team that finishes well that wins.

43 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Did he genuinely suggest the players should turn on Southgate?

This was his comment

"When it is not going well you have to have a meeting when you dish out hard facts, have some awkward conversations, call each other out if needs be. Tactically they need to get around the table and discuss it, get on the training pitch and hash it out"

19 minutes ago, Norman said:

This is basically his approach I think. He does think deeply about what works in tournament football, which is why I've generally supported him. But something just isn't clicking.