UEFA Euro 2024 Thread

Day

10 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Much to the annoyance of @SrgI always ask the people calling for Tomori to be in the squad how many times they've watched him play this season, not had a single answer.

Wonder how many of them even know that he has only played 11 games in the last 6 months?

I called for him having watched 0 games, you see here’s the thing, I just love the guy in a non sexual way for his time at Derby. For me that deserves a place in the squad until he retires along with Mason Mount.

It’s not like he’s at Bristol Rovers in League 1,  might look a bit daft if he ends up there and I’m still calling for him. Whilst he’s at AC though I can get away with it.

1 hour ago, Day said:

I called for him having watched 0 games, you see here’s the thing, I just love the guy in a non sexual way for his time at Derby. For me that deserves a place in the squad until he retires along with Mason Mount.

It’s not like he’s at Bristol Rovers in League 1,  might look a bit daft if he ends up there and I’m still calling for him. Whilst he’s at AC though I can get away with it.

That's the thing, if people just admit that is the reason they want him included its fine.

Its when people start questioning the manager, asking why he has not included a player that they have not even seen play that I just find it a bit ridiculous. 

42 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

That's the thing, if people just admit that is the reason they want him included its fine.

Its when people start questioning the manager, asking why he has not included a player that they have not even seen play that I just find it a bit ridiculous. 

It's not ridiculous at all...more like...Extremely silly, absurd, or preposterous 😁

13 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

If it weren't for the fact that he played for Derby would you still be clamouring for his inclusion?

What qualities has he shown this season to make you think he is worthy of an England place?

What about James Tarkowski and Michael Keane, they've both played 100+ Premier League games.

Calm down mate.

I'm not saying Tomori should be in this squad, but he won a Serie A title in 2022 and still didn't get a look-in. Maguire wasn't playing for Man Utd but still started for England. Stones has been on the fringes for Man City for a while now. Now Maguire's injured, Stones is unfit, and there isn't an experienced back-up. Maybe some more effort could have gone into trying a different CB pairing rather than picking Maguire & Stones again and again. Guehi seems to have got in as an after-thought rather than being moulded as a future starter, although he looked pretty good against Serbia, tbf.

At LB, Shaw & Chilwell are perma-crocks but no-one else has been blooded as cover. So we have Trippier covering. Cool.

Tarkowski and Keane are both average Prem defenders. There's a reason they don't play for top 6 clubs. They're also 31, and not players for the future.

My broader point is that I don't think we have the amazing squad a lot of England fans claim we have, although we have great attacking options. But I like what Southgate has achieved.

3 minutes ago, Alph said:

Not sure you send your keeper up in the first group game

Good game

Goal difference means very little with how the order of deciders go in this, so they may as well. 

What a game that was though. Pure football theatre. This tournament has been class so far. So little boring Pep defenders passing sideways for half the game, just teams giving it a bit of b******. It’s been great. 

6 minutes ago, Alph said:

Not sure you send your keeper up in the first group game

Good game

I love this going 'gung ho' style of play, this tourney has definitely surpassed my expectations so far. lf this standard continues we're in for a real treat over the next few weeks, long may it, and our involvement continue. 

8 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Typical Martinez , Pep light. 

How he’s got this job is beyond me. Wasted Belgium’s golden generation. 

Not sure what they've done with the ball for so many of these out of the box shots to be going in, but we need some over here for next season