24/25 Sky TV Coverage

3 minutes ago, Rev said:

PayPal?

I'm sure solutions will emerge, but I think they will need to make it more of a hassle - to stop all but the most determined.  

I can see this impacting attendances - not so much this season but when fans have had a year and see how many midweek games they couldn't get to or how disruptive it was choosing between other regular hobbies on traditional non football days it's bound to make a few think it's not worth it - especially with the massive price rises that seem to be happening at quite a few clubs including ours.   

Posted (edited)

Latest 'Not the top 20' Pod seem to think it's going to be one Friday night game, most likely championship as it is now. Five games moved to Saturday lunchtime and then other games on Sunday lunchtime. No mention of Saturday teatime games or Thursdays but there will still be the normal amount of games midweek.

All TV games picked from start of the season to startof FA Cup 3rd round fixtures, then next set of fixtures from Jan till April. At least fans supposed to be able to plan in advance

Edited by Steadybreeze

51 minutes ago, Steadybreeze said:

Latest 'Not the top 20' Pod seem to think it's going to be one Friday night game, most likely championship as it is now. Five games moved to Saturday lunchtime and then other games on Sunday lunchtime. No mention of Saturday teatime games or Thursdays but there will still be the normal amount of games midweek.

All TV games picked from start of the season to start of FA Cup 3rd round fixtures, then next set of fixtures from Jan till April. At least fans supposed to be able to plan in advance

Do you have more specific information than that? For instance, the opening weekend is August 10th. How many weeks before that will the games up to the end of the year (3rd round FA Cup is always first weekend of the new year) be announced. As far as seeing the games is concerned, I will see them all here in Amsterdam via my #RamsTV subscription. I come over for around 8 home games a season and like to plan well ahead in order to get the cheapest flights/hotel rooms. First and last home games of the season are usually ones I target. The rest are dependent on the opposition, games moved for TV (which looks like not a problem this coming season) and international weekends.

Thanks in advance... Amster.

Just now, MadAmster said:

Do you have more specific information than that? For instance, the opening weekend is August 10th. How many weeks before that will the games up to the end of the year (3rd round FA Cup is always first weekend of the new year) be announced. As far as seeing the games is concerned, I will see them all here in Amsterdam via my #RamsTV subscription. I come over for around 8 home games a season and like to plan well ahead in order to get the cheapest flights/hotel rooms. First and last home games of the season are usually ones I target. The rest are dependent on the opposition, games moved for TV (which looks like not a problem this coming season) and international weekends.

Sorry mate I don't, I'll try and have a look when I get in from work. The only thing I took from it was one huge batch of games announced for TV across the whole EFL from start of season to first week in Jan. Next batch will be more specifically aimed at how the tables are panning out, that list will include games upto April, then the last few weeks of the season will resort back to short notice for fans and targeting more meaningful games. 

It's the Saturday/Sunday lunch games that are the killer for me, no interest in watching football at that time unless it's an end of season thriller!! Talk of pubs showing Championship games Saturday lunch is rubbish, most will be showing the Usual Premier league games

50 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

It’s all on the EFL website, Q and A.

IMG_0250.png

2 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

Would they really do that? My eldest is living overseas for the next year or so and still has a UK bank account/card. He can't be the only ex-pat in that situation

And folks on holiday. We tuned in from Tenerife in February.

3 hours ago, Steadybreeze said:

Sorry mate I don't, I'll try and have a look when I get in from work. The only thing I took from it was one huge batch of games announced for TV across the whole EFL from start of season to first week in Jan. Next batch will be more specifically aimed at how the tables are panning out, that list will include games upto April, then the last few weeks of the season will resort back to short notice for fans and targeting more meaningful games. 

It's the Saturday/Sunday lunch games that are the killer for me, no interest in watching football at that time unless it's an end of season thriller!! Talk of pubs showing Championship games Saturday lunch is rubbish, most will be showing the Usual Premier league games

Good for TV purposes but hate going to Sunday games

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, trappatoni said:

I can see this impacting attendances - not so much this season but when fans have had a year and see how many midweek games they couldn't get to or how disruptive it was choosing between other regular hobbies on traditional non football days it's bound to make a few think it's not worth it - especially with the massive price rises that seem to be happening at quite a few clubs including ours.   

No it won't, every year someone says it will, yet attendances are rarely impacted. People enjoy going to games, it's often about the experience something you can't get on TV.

People moan about sky, but the money it pumps into the game is why we have the strongest leagues in the world, the best stadiums, the best league structure and a national team full of rising talent. I will follow the Rams everywhere, but still have sky, because simply put, I enjoy watching football, they haven't ruined the game, just changed it.

Edited by Returning ram
Spelling

6 hours ago, Foreveram said:

It’s all on the EFL website, Q and A.

IMG_0250.png

The EFL being a bit economical with the truth here, 'almost six months' is actually 1 month to less than 3 months maximum for the first batch of games to the end of September. less than 2 months to a maximum of 5 months for the January batch and 2 months to a maximum of 4 months for the March batch.

Posted (edited)

In the NFL games are not allowed to be shown at same time as USA college football matches. They should do that here.. premier league games should be moved to Friday night, sat lunch, sat tea time, sat night, sun lunch, sun afternoon, mon night. All EFLgames can be 3pm Saturday then apart from those moved on advice of police which tend to be big games anyway. You can then show them all on TV if desired and the premier league games on tv would have less impact on efl attendances (if that even impacts it at all).

Club by Club streaming will never work. People won’t feel value of paying £25/month if the app is garbage  and you can’t get it directly on your tv. The illegal iptv boxes are probably easier to work and more reliable than logging in to ramstv on your tv browser. 

Selfishly I don’t mind if they move some games to Saturday lunchtime or Sunday lunchtime because it’ll make it easier for me to watch in my Timezone.

Edited by alexxxxx

14 hours ago, Returning ram said:

No it won't, every year someone says it will, yet attendances are rarely impacted. People enjoy going to games, it's often about the experience something you can't get on TV.

People moan about sky, but the money it pumps into the game is why we have the strongest leagues in the world, the best stadiums, the best league structure and a national team full of rising talent. I will follow the Rams everywhere, but still have sky, because simply put, I enjoy watching football, they haven't ruined the game, just changed it.

Part of that experience is meeting in the pub for a few beers and a chat pre game and then going back to the pub after to discuss the match. 

Sky/EPL/EFL/FA are destroying the game for the fans that actually go to the matches.

7 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Part of that experience is meeting in the pub for a few beers and a chat pre game and then going back to the pub after to discuss the match. 

Sky/EPL/EFL/FA are destroying the game for the fans that actually go to the matches.

Why can't you still do that ?

15 hours ago, Returning ram said:

Im not moaning about it - midweek is fine for me - but I know people who miss midweek games because of work so if there are going to be more midweek games it will impact attendances - how can it not ?    You only have to look at midweek attendances now and they presumably include non attending STHs of which there are a fair few judging from where i sit in the South. 

As for the Sky money being great for the game - yes it brings foreign talent into the game but I disagree with you about the rest.   

1 hour ago, trappatoni said:

Im not moaning about it - midweek is fine for me - but I know people who miss midweek games because of work so if there are going to be more midweek games it will impact attendances - how can it not ?    You only have to look at midweek attendances now and they presumably include non attending STHs of which there are a fair few judging from where i sit in the South. 

As for the Sky money being great for the game - yes it brings foreign talent into the game but I disagree with you about the rest.   

Not sure why there would be more midweek games ? 

Football is more than the professional pyramid, the money that is in the game has enabled the grassroots game to evolve. You only have to look at the facilities that are now available in this country and the sky money has been a massive contributor to this.

Not sure what's to disagree about strongest league or stadiums, not sure there are many countries with third tiers have the attendances and facilities that we do, but fair enough 👍

3 hours ago, Returning ram said:

Why can't you still do that ?

In my case, I really don't fancy a beer at 10 O'Clock these days, although many do and probably will. So I won't bother and that's a longstanding tradition broken, all because the ever-greedy premier league wouldn't cough up a decent package for the EFL clubs. Yet again, fans are disposable, and the fans of clubs outside of the premier league are the most disposable of all. 

All of the benefits of Sky TV money that you've quoted would still have been available without such wholesale contempt for the traditions of the professional game if only English football had spoken with one voice. But it's been greed, greed, greed, every step of the way.

3 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Agree, the routine of the Saturday 3pm kick offs is a big part of it