Pre season

24 minutes ago, KBB said:

Was thinking about brown and loans and the first team picture at Derby.

Got me thinking which players have gone out on loan from our academy and gone on to be a key first team player in the last 10 or 15 years?

Bird - no loan

Knight- no loan

Cashin - no loan

Bogle - no loan

Hughes - no loan

Barnes - no loan

Even counting ebosele, plange, ebiowei as key players who all played a role when our luck was down.

I may have missed players and also forgot some of them went on loan, but I cant help thinking, as much as we rate brown on here, that if he was the real real real deal that we all hope he is he would be listed alongside the players above and not with the lowes, strettons, guys of this world.

It's difficult to know, without having the same manager now as when those players broke through. Could just be that they were more willing to throw youngsters in at the deep end than the current manager.

9 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Why does Brown need to play '38 games' next season? Why is it more beneficial to play at League 2 level, to train at League 2 level and to be coached at that level than having the same here, bar perhaps game time? He's been on loan and played against Big Boys already, we could benefit from his talents more especially when you look at our potential forward line-up. 

So true. I think he is almost there. As such he should be on the bench, ready and wound up to make his mark as any young player in his position would want. If he was a wil o the wisp he might need time and a decent loan spell .. but he has the physique so he needs to be playing at the right level …I reckon that’s now. 

4 minutes ago, Sidd10 said:

Can anyone enlighten me on the first player in the feature video? Is it a signing i've missed or an U21 stepping up?

Jack Thompson, isn't it? Goalkeeper, came on for Vickers v Matlock.

20 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Lovely to see, but I want to see the hardwork being done by the recruitment team trying to get the 8 players we desperately need to make us competitive.

Could have done with most of those in place for the Spanish training camp.

I'm not sure how many hits a video of multiple people behind computers, collating reports and data and texting agents will get as many hits, but they could try I suppose 

2 minutes ago, Srg said:

Reports knocking about on twitter that we lost the behind closed doors game vs. Academica Viseu 3-1 this morning.

Thought I seen it was at 1pm or 3pm Spanish time, so 12pm or 2pm English time. 

24 minutes ago, Srg said:

Reports knocking about on twitter that we lost the behind closed doors game vs. Academica Viseu 3-1 this morning.

We led 1-0 at ht but conceded three in the second half. Vickers and an unnamed trialist shared the goalkeeping.

4 minutes ago, Spender said:

We led 1-0 at ht but conceded three in the second half. Vickers and an unnamed trialist shared the goalkeeping.

Do we know who scored?