Forsyth

I appreciate now, for some of us fans may not be the best time to judge. I'm quite a sentimental creature (honestly find someone who looks at you like I look at Stimac) and as such I'm happy to see him stay, as I'm still hungover and giddy.

Heard on RD from Fozzy that he sees himself as CB now, and that's fair. It may also be the path to retaining him if a deal can be struck. 3 CB at the back, with Fozzy we have 5 on the books, 6 if we include Nyambe. We need 6, in my view, and to buy 1 at least, more if we want to explore loan options for Rooney perhaps (a full season in L1 for the lad would be good). 

If we can come to an agreement, where he appreciates playing time may be limited, we can help with what's next (coaching, punditry etc) and the wages are reflective of that. Then there is a deal to be struck, he must be keen and settled here and that will count for a lot. But if he genuinely reckons he has a full season or two in the first team left in him then he may want to go for playing time, I wouldn't begrudge him that and on his return I'd give him a warm welcome.

54 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I'm generally not that keen on "keep them on because they're good around the dressing room" contracts but they absolutely should for Fozzy, one more season as cover at left back and centre back? No brainer.

Last standing Nigel Clough player as well.

Why would he need one on anything other than merit? He's better than Bradley at CB and still a decent LB. No more injury prone than lots of the squad either.

I'm hoping for a at least one more season deal.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Why would he need one on anything other than merit? He's better than Bradley at CB and still a decent LB. No more injury prone than lots of the squad either.

I'm hoping for a at least one more season deal.

I'm not sure I'd want to lean on him to much for a championship season, but we'll just have to disagree on that.

Bradley hasn't been a particularly high bar this season but I would agree fix has been better when he's been playing.

Would love for Fozzy to be given another 12 month contract. Still the best left-back we presently have on the books and next season would be useful as cover across the back 4/5

But if it doesn't happen, it would be disappointing if due to the team not being able to do a lap of honour, we may have been denied the last chance of giving him the much deserved thanks for his loyal service.