TNT Sports will be the new home of the Emirates FA Cup from 2025/26

Mr. P

What a ridiculous decision. 

Not from TNT’s point of view. But I somewhat doubt people are going to subscribe just to watch the FA cup.

But a competition that’s already diminished and they’ve gone and done this. 

Wont affect my life particularly because I hold the cup in contempt but its a shame for the youth of today.

1 hour ago, rynny said:

There is still going to have the free to air games on BBC and ITV, the same as when it was on BT Sport a few years ago and Sky Sports before that.

So no change for those of us without Sky Sport or BT Sport? 

No change for me then. Man United games will always be screened (yawn) regardless of who they are playing, I’ll watch the occasional game on the BBC or ITV, one of the big 5 or 6 teams will win it and Derby will be knocked out in the first round they play in (second if we get lucky). Rinse and repeat.

1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

So no change for those of us without Sky Sport or BT Sport? 

No change for me then. Man United games will always be screened (yawn) regardless of who they are playing, I’ll watch the occasional game on the BBC or ITV, one of the big 5 or 6 teams will win it and Derby will be knocked out in the first round they play in (second if we get lucky). Rinse and repeat.

No, no change.

3 hours ago, TomTom92 said:

What a ridiculous decision. 

Not from TNT’s point of view. But I somewhat doubt people are going to subscribe just to watch the FA cup.

But a competition that’s already diminished and they’ve gone and done this. 

Wont affect my life particularly because I hold the cup in contempt but its a shame for the youth of today.

Why do you hold it in contempt ? I’m an oldie and still love it despite attempts to water it down . 

6 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Why do you hold it in contempt ? I’m an oldie and still love it despite attempts to water it down . 

I find it a waste of time. 

Don’t get me wrong if Derby stumble in to the quarters then I dream of lifting the cup just like the next man. But I find the same 6 winning it season after season boring.

Just now, TomTom92 said:

I find it a waste of time. 

Don’t get me wrong if Derby stumble in to the quarters then I dream of lifting the cup just like the next man. But I find the same 6 winning it season after season boring.

A few surprising winners over recent years , Wigan and Fester 🤢. Isn’t that all football now after the money boys fixed it, from back when they decided home clubs kept all league home  receipts at the behest of Man U when they were struggling.    

As usual, money talks.  I have Sky (admittedly) but in the same way I refused to subscribe to BT Sports, I haven't got and won't get TNT.  The FA Cup is hardly going to draw people in though, IMO unless you're perhaps one of the so-called big 6 supporters in which case you probably already have it, along with Sky, MUFC TV, Chelsea TV or whatever else there is. 

1 hour ago, BucksRam said:

As usual, money talks.  I have Sky (admittedly) but in the same way I refused to subscribe to BT Sports, I haven't got and won't get TNT.  The FA Cup is hardly going to draw people in though, IMO unless you're perhaps one of the so-called big 6 supporters in which case you probably already have it, along with Sky, MUFC TV, Chelsea TV or whatever else there is. 

Same here Bucks, Having Sky Sports is like having a favourite old pair of trainers, You don't wear them but you refuse to chuck em away, I'm getting used to not watching football on TV, The pundits make me cringe, The waffle by the commentators makes a Stanley Unwin story seem understandable, The  image.png.e2203ed95ea0289182217d905e372b4b.png sucking exercise for any of the top 6 makes one want to vomit, As for the FA cup it lost it's status when they let Man Untd enter the competition in the 4th round as they had a money spinning World Club match to play, It only takes significance around round 5 for them when most of the chattel have been knocked out 🙄   

6 hours ago, rynny said:

There is still going to have the free to air games on BBC and ITV, the same as when it was on BT Sport a few years ago and Sky Sports before that.

Yes I've just noticed another tweet from them saying it's available on both. 

20 hours ago, rynny said:

Right now all games shown in the UK are free to air on BBC or ITV (although I don’t understand why the BBC is classed as free when you have to pay a licence fee to watch). With this new deal I take it as more games will be shown but some of the current share of the rights will be on TNT and less for free. I could be wrong though.

More games shown may also mean different kick-off times (although the 3rd Round has this already). It’s about time the Saturday 3pm blackout rule was scrapped IMO.

Edited by Will the Ram

On 17/02/2024 at 03:07, Will the Ram said:

Right now all games shown in the UK are free to air on BBC or ITV (although I don’t understand why the BBC is classed as free when you have to pay a licence fee to watch).

You also need a license to watch ITV.

If you think the license fee is a 'rip-off', try watching foreign TV sometime. It'll make your eyes bleed.

45 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

If you think the license fee is a 'rip-off', try watching foreign TV sometime. It'll make your eyes bleed.

Or make your ears confused as the language they're hearing isn't what they expect and tell the brain to turn the fcuker off 👍

2 hours ago, Grumpy Git said:

Free to air Tv in the USA is 10 minutes of programming and 10 minutes of adverts 😞