Paul Warne

Day

2 hours ago, richinspain said:

The written word can imply many different things as you lose the emotion of the way it's meant. I honestly read @ossieram's comment as sincere advice. If something is making you feel so anti, why continue to invest time and money into it? He never said "go and watch Man City if you want to be entertained", I read it as take a rest. Wait until you feel ready to go back. Or maybe @ossieram is an insensitive sod? I don't really know.

I have been known to be a tad insensitive at times,  but I genuinely meant it as a bit of advice. 

And as for being called "kiddo" I've been called a lot worse over the years and took it as a compliment. 

Coming into this season, I was happy just to see us grind out results. I've been genuinely surprised at the quality of some of our play, particularly at home, where none of the goals so far has been from a header. I hope that continues and be carried into away games too, but survival in this first season back in the Championship is the most important target this season. If we have to achieve it with a few backs to the wall defensive performances, I'm not in the slightest bit bothered.

10 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Coming into this season, I was happy just to see us grind out results. I've been genuinely surprised at the quality of some of our play, particularly at home, where none of the goals so far has been from a header. I hope that continues and be carried into away games too, but survival in this first season back in the Championship is the most important target this season. If we have to achieve it with a few backs to the wall defensive performances, I'm not in the slightest bit bothered.

The next test, and it'll be a big test, is what happens when we go on a bit of a bad run and lose at home too. We now have Ozoh out, if we go lose tomorrow and then at home to Norwich before away to Sunderland on a Tuesday... things will be looking different for sure and we will need to see how we would react to that.

45 minutes ago, Srg said:

The next test, and it'll be a big test, is what happens when we go on a bit of a bad run and lose at home too. We now have Ozoh out, if we go lose tomorrow and then at home to Norwich before away to Sunderland on a Tuesday... things will be looking different for sure and we will need to see how we would react to that.

We have only lost 3 consecutive games once under Paul Warne, and that was the season before last, so why worry about something that might not happen.

5 hours ago, Srg said:

With absolute certainty there will be a miraculous appearance of a certain sort of recently absent posters armed withtheir favourite pitchforks. 
I have no idea what will happen over the next few games, it might not go well, but I trust this group to give everything they have got … and squeeze the pips; so even if it goes awry I they will still have my support. 

It really is about trust. You don’t turn on a good crew because you don’t get what you want. If they were “spice boys” or good time Charlie’s then maybe. They aren’t. They are our team and need support. Tired of entitlement. Guts and support come rain or shine as long as they give it all too. Fin ! 

On 19/09/2024 at 20:00, Will Hughes Hair said:

I can really relate to @Jayram.

I have never booed the team, and felt that being Warne out was pointless given how invested DC is in him.

That meant that for the longest time last season I felt like someone sat on the outside looking in on a promotion season that achieved some pretty impressive stats.

What has changed for me is the commitment this season to genuinely progressive exciting football. Honestly I didn’t think we’d see it under Warne. I was wrong.

And I don’t expect the approach to be utilised 100% all the time. There’s a world of difference between saying to Cardiff, ‘go on break us down’ with 15 minutes to go and s***housing Fleetwood Town for 90 minutes. I’m down with the former but struggled with the latter.

So for me, stick in there @Jayram, you’re one performance or match away (hopefully) from feeling differently and you won’t know until you know. We’re all Derby right? Keep the faith.

Cheers mate, I’m all good. We’re absolutely all Derby, whatever our viewpoint and personal expectations of the team/style. 

7 hours ago, Srg said:

Or perhaps just a more realistic reflection of where the squad is at this stage. I imagine many fans would be thinking along the lines of a first season bottom 6-8 finish but avoiding a relegation scrap to be a not unreasonable achievement? 

56 minutes ago, europia said:

Or perhaps just a more realistic reflection of where the squad is at this stage. I imagine many fans would be thinking along the lines of a first season bottom 6-8 finish but avoiding a relegation scrap to be a not unreasonable achievement? 

I'd have been more than happy with that at the start of the season.

The trouble is, I now believe we will win the League and probably the FA Cup as well because of how good the new players look. 😬

9 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

I'd have been more than happy with that at the start of the season.

The trouble is, I now believe we will win the League and probably the FA Cup as well because of how good the new players look. 😬

That’s totally unrealistic, we’ll struggle to beat Man City in the final.🙄