Summer transfer suggestion thread

sage

Lots of talk of Taylor on the thread. It's probably been mentioned already, but Nixon suggests he's off to Huddersfield once Luton sign a replacement:

I presume he doesn't have the physicality Warne is likely looking for. And we already have Tommo, Gouldmijn and Osborn as less physically powerful players.

Or maybe "any exit" means others, perhaps us, are in the hunt? 

21 hours ago, WarCatDCFC said:

My wish list

Feel free look these players up yourself

E Tagseth 

A Pereira 

H Burrows 

K Sabbe 

W Kamanzi 

L Bennett 

H Roberts 

M Rasmussen 

M Gradem 

T Gulliksen 

L Joseph 

A Famewo 

J Amofa 

N Mendez 

R Sanchez

H Roberto 

S Homenchenko 

M Solbakken 

D Grimshaw

I Price

A.Ruberto (ST) 

Jaysus! Imagine the wage bill if we add them lot to the squad. We're not Chelski ya know!

Even if Fornah clearly wasn't part of the first team thinking, I'm guessing he was backup and we will now surely want one more midfielder.

It seems we have five players for central midfield (Osborn, Adams, Goudmijn, Tommo and Ozoh) with Robinson in reserve but seemingly nowhere close given his lack of involvement. I also liked the look of Stepien Iwumene pre-season but he doesn't seem to be being considered either.

Who are the potential Premier League loanees who might fill the breach? And be likely starters? Maybe Andy Moran from Brighton?

1 minute ago, Carl Sagan said:

Even if Fornah clearly wasn't part of the first team thinking, I'm guessing he was backup and we will now surely want one more midfielder.

It seems we have five players for central midfield (Osborn, Adams, Goudmijn, Tommo and Ozoh) with Robinson in reserve but seemingly nowhere close given his lack of involvement. I also liked the look of Stepien Iwumene pre-season but he doesn't seem to be being considered either.

Who are the potential Premier League loanees who might fill the breach? And be likely starters? Maybe Andy Moran from Brighton?

Wasn't there talk about Jack Hinshelwood earlier in the window? Can't remember if that was journalists or our ITKs. 

It shows though that we need to think a bit about "realistic" transfers. Young midfielder from the prem going for 10mill who many thought we would get on loan.

These kids go on loan for million+ loan fees and wage contributions or move for large fees. We can't compete with that no matter how much we say "but we are derby, but Bradley Johnson and Butterfield....."

43 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Im sure Warne has said he wants an 8/10 to come in so hopefully it means that player ia close to joining. If they do join itnwould have had Fornah as 7th choice so makes sense to send him out on loan.

Just now, Ghost of Clough said:

I think Josh Coburn was suggested by a couple of people? Started and has 1 goal and 1 assist so far against Leeds. Can't see them letting him go out.

They've just said on sky sports that he probably won't be there soon.

Boro have just agreed a fee with Bristol City for Tommy Conway. So Coburn will be behind Latte Lath and Conway.

I'd definitely take Coburn here.

58 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I think Josh Coburn was suggested by a couple of people? Started and has 1 goal and 1 assist so far against Leeds. Can't see them letting him go out.

Maybe it would be a good move for them if he came here and did well because we would take points their rivals whilst not challenging for the spots they will be after

2 hours ago, JfR said:

Wasn't there talk about Jack Hinshelwood earlier in the window? Can't remember if that was journalists or our ITKs. 

There was indeed, which sounded surprisingly possible at the time.

Just seen Darren Witcoop on twitter say that Spurs are planning on sending out a number of young players out on loan to EFL clubs this month.

So I thought I would have a look at the squad to see if there would be any that potentially would fit what we are looking for. I can only really see two potential signings really.

Ashley Phillips - Centre back. 19. Highly rated. 6ft 4, quick. Half a season at Plymouth last season and got their young player of the year.

Alfie Devine - Attacking mid. 20. Has had loan spells at Port Vale and Plymouth. Seems highly rated and has apparently shone in pre season.

7 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Just seen Darren Witcoop on twitter say that Spurs are planning on sending out a number of young players out on loan to EFL clubs this month.

So I thought I would have a look at the squad to see if there would be any that potentially would fit what we are looking for. I can only really see two potential signings really.

Ashley Phillips - Centre back. 19. Highly rated. 6ft 4, quick. Half a season at Plymouth last season and got their young player of the year.

Alfie Devine - Attacking mid. 20. Has had loan spells at Port Vale and Plymouth. Seems highly rated and has apparently shone in pre season.

Have we ever had a good loan from Spurs? Always seem rubbish. Guess El Hamsandwich was ok other than being injured a lot.

Just seen a compilation on twitter of Tom Lawrence in that relegation season. Provided that added flair and can play in the wing/CAM role.

Would love to have him back, thought he thrived when he was here in the past few years and loved the club. 

Id imagine he may cost a fee if he still is under contract and i’d imagine his wages are now fairly high.

3 minutes ago, Fraser_23 said:

Just seen a compilation on twitter of Tom Lawrence in that relegation season. Provided that added flair and can play in the wing/CAM role.

Would love to have him back, thought he thrived when he was here in the past few years and loved the club. 

Id imagine he may cost a fee if he still is under contract and i’d imagine his wages are now fairly high.

Decent player but too often on the treatment table and couldn't afford his wages.

1 hour ago, Fraser_23 said:

Don't think there's any chance of him coming back, but that video did make me miss him. Scored some absolute screamers for us.