Summer transfer suggestion thread

sage

16 hours ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Bashir Humphreys is a tall and fast versatile defender, be surprised if we’re not looking at him. Can play left back, centre back and right back. Comfortable in a 5 or 4 at the back. As Chelsea have a ridiculously massive squad I’m sure they’ll be loaning multiple players out over the next few weeks and Humphrey’s would one that will definitely be on his way out. 

Basher Humpreys ?   Chelsea ? .....is he related to Chopper Harris ?

5 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

A lot of people suggested Jesuran Rak-Sakyi from palace as a loan option. Sheffield United are paying roughly 1 million in loan fees + 100% of his wages for the season to get him on loan. Absolutely mental money for a loan.

Really is, especially for a player that's never played at that level before... Makes me wonder if we've paid one for Ozoh though, given he played more for them last season than Rak-Sakyi?  👀

45 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Wonder if this is the free agent that was too expensive?

I doubt it very much as he doesn’t fit the profile we’re looking for and can’t see him asking for big wages. I’d imagine the free agent was Tyrese Campbell who also is now being tipped to join Sheffield United.

1 hour ago, Eoghan1884 said:

A lot of people suggested Jesuran Rak-Sakyi from palace as a loan option. Sheffield United are paying roughly 1 million in loan fees + 100% of his wages for the season to get him on loan. Absolutely mental money for a loan.

What do you think we paid Liverpool and Chelsea for Wilson,Mount and Tomori ?

A perfect player for us would be Andy Irving (24), been involved with West Ham this pre season since signing for them last year and returning to Austria on loan. He’s a Scottish player who came through at hearts before moving to Austria and playing for Austria Klagenfurt. He’s 24 and I can’t see him being involved in West Ham’s squad as they’ve a lot of options. He’s got 16 goals and 11 assists in his 64 games for Klagenfurt. Hes an all action midfielder who’s a great ball carrier and dribbler with good output from midfield.  

A perfect player for us would be Andy Irving (24), been involved with West Ham this pre season since signing for them last year and returning to Austria on loan. He’s a Scottish player who came through at hearts before moving to Austria and playing for Austria Klagenfurt. He’s 24 and I can’t see him being involved in West Ham’s squad as they’ve a lot of options. He’s got 16 goals and 11 assists in his 64 games for Klagenfurt. Hes an all action midfielder who’s a great ball carrier and dribbler with good output from midfield.  

Never heard of him, but looks a good player from the stats. Reading some articles on him, West Ham paid £2m plus bonuses for him. With that only being last summer, you'd expect they'd be buying for a investment so surely want a profit. 

He probably would be the perfect signing. However, he's been given a squad number so is unlikely to be leaving this summer.

35 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

He probably would be the perfect signing. However, he's been given a squad number so is unlikely to be leaving this summer.

Means absolutely nothing, Sammie Szmodics was given a squad number but will be off. We have Dajaune and Robinson squad numbers and will send them out on loan more than likely.

43 minutes ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

Never heard of him, but looks a good player from the stats. Reading some articles on him, West Ham paid £2m plus bonuses for him. With that only being last summer, you'd expect they'd be buying for an investment so surely want a profit. 

I was more so thinking a loan as they might want him to get a loan in England before trying to get him into the squad as they’ve a very strong midfield.

Finley Burns 6ft 5" centre back has gone to Hull on loan from Man City, was on loan at Stevenage last season. Won their young player of the year award. https://www.wearehullcity.co.uk/news/2024/august/09/burns-joins-hull-city-on-loan/
Would've liked to see him at Derby, but no doubt the loan fee this time around was rather high. This shows that the big teams are now letting their better youth out on loan now.

3 minutes ago, WarCatDCFC said:

Sitting in the corner, trying to not say I told you so 😭😭😭😭😭😭

Told us what?

I don't think there's a single poster on here that even before today would have disagreed with the fact that we're at least 4 or 5 signings short of what we need right now.