Summer transfer suggestion thread

sage

4 hours ago, WarCatDCFC said:

Where are the one's who attack me because I said Nathaniel Mendez-Laing will be bad in the championship

When I said Craig Forsyth is going to cost us in the championship because he bad

Callum Elder needs to go 

Remember I got a attack and got called ai now where's my apology

GIF by MOODMAN

5 hours ago, WarCatDCFC said:

Where are the one's who attack me because I said Nathaniel Mendez-Laing will be bad in the championship

When I said Craig Forsyth is going to cost us in the championship because he bad

Callum Elder needs to go 

Season 2 Omg GIF by PBS

12 hours ago, WarCatDCFC said:

Callum Elder needs to go 

Does AI stand for absolute imbecile?

14 hours ago, WarCatDCFC said:

Callum Elder needs to go 

image.gif.d0207f19e7bf3b158821d5d322db9cf0.gif

16 hours ago, WarCatDCFC said:

Callum Elder needs to go 

1. NML has yet to play in the Championship for DCFC. You should also remember that, whereas the rest had 9 weeks off, he had just 2 before going off to play for Guatemala. So far in pre season, he hasn't played as a winger, the role that saw him plat excellently last season. I'd send him off to sunny climes for 3, maybe 4, weeks of rest as his body will need it. Once back I'd play him in his proper role rather than as a striker or a #10. Play him out of position and you may be right. Play him down the left and he'll score and he'll rack up the assists again.

2. Fozzy was our best player yesterday at Shrewsbury. So far in pre season he's been our best defender, better than Nyambe, better than Nelson, better than Cashin, better than Bradley. On performances so far, he should start at Barnsley on Wednesday with Nelson and Cashin either side of him.

3. Elder might be injury prone, in which case I'd agree, however, although we have Osborn and Thompson who CAN play as LWB, Warne sees both as being more central. That means Elder is the only natural LWB we have. He wasn't fit when he came to us and stayed that way. Hopefully he's now fit again and maybe we can see how good he can be.

You'd have less detractors if you could try to explain why you think NML would be bad in the SBC. Idem ditto Fozzy. Just saying x is good or y is bad doesn't make it so.

56 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

1. NML has yet to play in the Championship for DCFC. You should also remember that, whereas the rest had 9 weeks off, he had just 2 before going off to play for Guatemala. So far in pre season, he hasn't played as a winger, the role that saw him plat excellently last season. I'd send him off to sunny climes for 3, maybe 4, weeks of rest as his body will need it. Once back I'd play him in his proper role rather than as a striker or a #10. Play him out of position and you may be right. Play him down the left and he'll score and he'll rack up the assists again.

2. Fozzy was our best player yesterday at Shrewsbury. So far in pre season he's been our best defender, better than Nyambe, better than Nelson, better than Cashin, better than Bradley. On performances so far, he should start at Barnsley on Wednesday with Nelson and Cashin either side of him.

3. Elder might be injury prone, in which case I'd agree, however, although we have Osborn and Thompson who CAN play as LWB, Warne sees both as being more central. That means Elder is the only natural LWB we have. He wasn't fit when he came to us and stayed that way. Hopefully he's now fit again and maybe we can see how good he can be.

You'd have less detractors if you could try to explain why you think NML would be bad in the SBC. Idem ditto Fozzy. Just saying x is good or y is bad doesn't make it so.

I wouldn’t waste time or energy responding to what ever it is. 

Just now, eddy779h34 said:

I would like us to try to get Malcom Ebiowei back on loan 

I wonder if theres a chance 

He’s not been that prolific. 

I’d rather we went for a proven goal scorer, even if that means a sizeable fee.

3 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

He’s not been that prolific. 

I’d rather we went for a proven goal scorer, even if that means a sizeable fee.

Not sure the suggestion was that he played centre forward the Smog 😊

8 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Not sure the suggestion was that he played centre forward the Smog 😊

No, but anyone we bring in now needs to be a scorer, not just someone who’s just quick or tricky. We have enough of those.

Sekou Mara - made 40 matchday squads for Southampton in all competitionslast season, but only played in 28 of them (1009 mins). 6 goals amd 2 assists. Very good in the air. 21 years old and was in a France U21 squad last season. 

It'll be interesting to see if Harry Leonard (Blackburn) becomes available when they've sold Szmodics and started to sign players with that money. He does everything you want from a forward and is still only 20. A few injury niggles in the last year is a slight concern though.

David Strelec impressed off the bench in the first 2 games of the Euros for Slovakia, before being rewards with starts in their final 2 games - even got an assist against England. He had an impressing season last year, with 15 goals and 12 assists in 44 games, and has started the current season on form too with 1 goal and 4 assists in 3 Champions League qualifier games. He made his loam permanent earlier this month, but I'd still look into signing him. Still only 23.

So I have had a look at the free agents market for possible strikers and the below are the ones available...

Tyrese Campbell - 24 - 6ft 0in
Aaron Connelly - 24 - 5ft 8in
Kemar Roofe - 31 - 5ft 10in
Wesley Moraes - 27 - 6ft 3in
Divin Mubama - 19 - 6ft 0in
Lucas Joao - 30 - 6ft 3in
Devante Cole - 29 - 6ft 0in
Scott Hogan - 32- 5ft 10in
Stephen Humphrys - 26 - 6ft 0in
Tyreece John-Jules - 23 - 6ft 0in
Lys Mousset - 28 - 6ft 1in
Sean Maguire - 30 - 5ft 8in
Macauley Bonne - 28- 5ft 10in
Jonathan Kodjia - 34 - 6ft 2in
Kenneth Zahore - 30 - 6ft 2in
Jon Dadi Bodvarsson - 32 - 6ft 2in

Looking at that list I think Wesley Moraes is the most like what we need in the squad plus he is still a decent age. Gone for big money previously & may want a big wage, maybe he is the free agent that was too expensive?

I would be happy with Tyrese CampbellDivin Mubama or Lys Mousset. I also think Lucas Joao could do a decent job for us.

I havent looked at their scoring records as I think with strikers it can be all about them fitting into the right team & also its about what else they offer other than just goals, CKR for example had a poor scoring record but was massively important to the team.

Edited by DCFC1388