Summer transfer suggestion thread

sage

11 hours ago, Ambitious said:

There is a lot of noise around Oxford that we have put an offer on the table, he's been shown around the training ground, but they've improved on our offer and hope to keep him around. I really hope he does. The new manager has a lot of belief in him and has put him in a system where he's producing again. 

I just don't like the fit here, nor do I think he's good enough to transcend a system that isn't ideal for him. In a similar fashion to Windass, I find both players to be technically good enough to play for Derby County, I'm not saying they're poor players, but I don't like the profile, inconsistency, and I don't believe they fit our 'go-to' system. If either of them do sign, though, there's a real chance they could be excellent for us. Who knew Ebou Adams, who wasn't getting a look in at Cardiff, was going to be the most important signing the club's made in god knows how many years. 

We have made an offer and he has been here.  Kayden Jackson who was referred to earlier, is someone we've also made an offer to as are Iversen and Osborn. Vaulks was the other but he's gone elsewhere  Sibley has 4 offers he's considering as well as Derby- two abroad, so Rotherham isn't an only option.  Collins was offered one year but wants two.  I can't see Derby would shift on a year.  That's my own opinion though.  Heard nowt about anyone else like Adams, Clark , Dembele, leonard etc but maybe someone else has or maybe hasn't gone past registering interest..

As with last season, I'll only post my brief snippets of ITK stuff when people start losing their minds... 🤣

We've had one signing wrapped up for weeks and a couple more close... just because we haven't announced anything doesn't mean things aren't getting done... don't panic! 😊🐏

8 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

As with last season, I'll only post my brief snippets of ITK stuff when people start losing their minds... 🤣

We've had one signing wrapped up for weeks and a couple more close... just because we haven't announced anything doesn't mean things aren't getting done... don't panic! 😊🐏

We’ve been losing our minds for weeks, where have you been?! 🤣

Can you give the position or your opinion on the signing that’s done?

9 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

any names ?

11 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

We have made an offer and he has been here.  Kayden Jackson who was referred to earlier, is someone we've also made an offer to as are Iversen and Osborn. Vaulks was the other but he's gone elsewhere  Sibley has 4 offers he's considering as well as Derby- two abroad, so Rotherham isn't an only option.  Collins was offered one year but wants two.  I can't see Derby would shift on a year.  That's my own opinion though.  Heard nowt about anyone else like Adams, Clark , Dembele, leonard etc but maybe someone else has or maybe hasn't gone past registering interest..

Kayden Jackson would be an extremely underwhelming signing. He should really drop a league and join Wrexham, etc. 

8 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

We’ve been losing our minds for weeks, where have you been?! 🤣

Can you give the position or your opinion on the signing that’s done?

8 minutes ago, LucaHames said:

any names ?

I won't give too many clues as it might make it a bit obvious as to the players I'd be referring to. Haha!

They've all got Champ or higher experience... they're all in the 21-29 age bracket... I think we (on a whole) will be relatively pleased 😊

23 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

But the ITKs haven’t enlightened us, why should we believe you 😉

23 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Kayden Jackson would be an extremely underwhelming signing. He should really drop a league and join Wrexham, etc. 

Not got many goals but he was a regular sub for a team promoted last season, so perhaps offers something from the bench.  Never been a fan of winger/front players as they're normally pretty average at both.  Perhaps we aren't in a position to look at better.  If not, then players who are thinking about new deals whilst the market is starting to move need to be pushed a bit harder on decision to stay or free up the money.

26 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

I won't give too many clues as it might make it a bit obvious as to the players I'd be referring to. Haha!

They've all got Champ or higher experience... they're all in the 21-29 age bracket... I think we (on a whole) will be relatively pleased 😊

Why can’t you give any names, nobody knows who you are? Challenge to all the ITKs, name our first 4 signings. Should be easy enough with your contacts in the club 😊 

40 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

I’m guessing their right or left footed and they could have hair or be bald ?

1 hour ago, Srg said:

He/she can back up their post with actual fact, critique or reasoning, or they can accept the responses they get for it.

In essence, isn't that what I wrote in part of my post to which you replied?

58 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

if Kayden Jackson is the best striker Paul Warne and Mark Thomas can come up with then it’ll be a very short stay in the championship.

6 minutes ago, Jas said:

if Kayden Jackson is the best striker Paul Warne and Mark Thomas can come up with then it’ll be a very short stay in the championship.

Was used as a right winger all season for Ipswich and even started some big games like against Southampton. Good addition to the forward department on a free but shouldn’t be a starter and definitely won’t be the starting striker.

1 hour ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Ok, while I'm not doubting you have some inside info, I think we can all agree that this is a very broad set of parameters and people will be a bit skeptical because of it.

Why don't you list the age of the player that is wrapped up and then a random bit of info about the others that are close? For example, you can mention a position, a nationality, or a former club? Then we can align those when the signing come to fruition.

5 minutes ago, Jas said:

Or he could flourish. CKR had had his last good season something like 7 years before he came to us. It worked. Idem ditto Didzy. Idem ditto Collo.

Whoever comes, past successes don't guarantee future ones. Etete was named in one post. I commented that a 1 in 6 striker is not what we need, especially if Collo gets a 2 year offer elsewhere when we have, apparently, offered just the one. I do realise that he might just flourish here. I view the chances as slim but I've been wrong before (CKR, Didzy, Ebou and Collo, amongst others) and, no doubt will be again, and I will, as ever, be ecstatic to have been proven wrong.

37 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Why can’t you give any names, nobody knows who you are? Challenge to all the ITKs, name our first 4 signings. Should be easy enough with your contacts in the club 😊 

@Big Trav did exactly this last year, yet it still didn't stop a certain poster from constantly chirping at him... 

1 minute ago, roboto said:

Ok, while I'm not doubting you have some inside info, I think we can all agree that this is a very broad set of parameters and people will be a bit skeptical because of it.

Why don't you list the age of the player that is wrapped up and then a random bit of info about the others that are close? For example, you can mention a position, a nationality, or a former club? Then we can align those when the signing come to fruition.

Why can’t he name them? He has just repeated the profile of players that Warne himself said he is looking to bring in. Come on all ITKs, name names 🤔

1 minute ago, Carnero said:

@Big Trav did exactly this last year, yet it still didn't stop a certain poster from constantly chirping at him... 

Why can’t they name the players now then, rather than vague generalisations? Even so, still get one or two posters hanging on every word 🙄