Summer transfer suggestion thread

sage

21 hours ago, Oldben said:

https://www.footballfancast.com/derby-could-soon-lose-cashin-worth-more-than-mendez-laing/

We know this is likely to happen, but now we are in the championship id hoped we might offer him a really decent salary to stay

For Cashin to go, it would take a significant offer for it to happen. He signed a new contract in feb and we accepted £4m last year. If he has a good season in the champ his value would raise in further. Makes no sense to sell this summer IMO. By selling, we would be making our team significantly weaker with him and Bird leaving. For the championship, that's suicidal 

30 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

For Cashin to go, it would take a significant offer for it to happen. He signed a new contract in feb and we accepted £4m last year. If he has a good season in the champ his value would raise in further. Makes no sense to sell this summer IMO. By selling, we would be making our team significantly weaker with him and Bird leaving. For the championship, that's suicidal 

8-10 mill seems the right kind of figure for a player who has consistently been one of top defenders in league one, now a championship player and a decent amount of time left on his contract. 

IF (and a big if) we sold him for that kind of sum then that’s a complete team rebuild kind of fee

Just now, RamLad1884 said:

8-10 mill seems the right kind of figure for a player who has consistently been one of top defenders in league one, now a championship player and a decent amount of time left on his contract. 

IF (and a big if) we sold him for that kind of sum then that’s a complete team rebuild kind of fee

Might be an unpopular opinion because I, like everyone else, love the lad. But I also don't believe he would make it in the Premier League, so I don't foresee that value increasing at any point. So should we get offered those kind of numbers, I'd likely take it.

12 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Should sell him for that amount of money plus a decent % for a sell on fee - if he goes to Brighton, Chelsea will probably end up signing him in two years time for £90m

53 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Paddy McNair available on a free.

29 years old, primarily a CB, but can also play RB, DM & CM. Might be too expensive wage wise, he’s played 200+ Championship games so that kind of experience is probably going to be quite sought after.

He would be perfect for the middle of a back three.

4 minutes ago, littleover ram said:

Should sell him for that amount of money plus a decent % for a sell on fee - if he goes to Brighton, Chelsea will probably end up signing him in two years time for £90m

Sounds like “pie in the sky”. But Florists did get £50 million for Johnson , who had been playing in L1 a couple of years previous . But why oh why did we only manage to get peanuts for Knight and Bird ? 

Just now, jimtastic56 said:

Sounds like “pie in the sky”. But Florists did get £50 million for Johnson , who had been playing in L1 a couple of years previous . But why oh why did we only manage to get peanuts for Knight and Bird ? 

Think you know the answer to that one!

21 minutes ago, Srg said:

Think you know the answer to that one!

Us fans will never find out the details of players contracts . A good agent could get a low buy- out price put into a contract . Just hope Cashin doesn’t exit on the cheap.

46 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Knight going out of contract and we needed the money to survive. Bird going out of contract looks like he'd decided to spread his wings.

26 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Some good talent available on frees this summer

There is but will be a hugely contested market. We will do well to snap up the top talent available and I’d imagine we would be fighting another 8-12 championship teams (plus potentially League One, SPL sides and maybe even Premier League sides who want to spend or not spend money in each respective case). 

We might get a couple but would bet we lose more than we get - so much so I would consider other approaches to the market. 

Have to be sensible this summer. I think the only position that won’t need strengthening is the right back/right wing back position. We’ll have a clear understanding of what we need once the retained list is released. 

57 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Some good talent available on frees this summer

Herbie Kane 

Nicky Cadden

Marek Rodak

Paddy McNair 

Marcus McGaune

Tyrese Campbell

Alan Browne

I think we will see a lot of free transfers coming in but I think the centre midfield situations certainly needs addressing. My ideal players signings for fees would be:

Adam Phillips and Joe Taylor who are both easily championship quality. 

21 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

There is but will be a hugely contested market. We will do well to snap up the top talent available and I’d imagine we would be fighting another 8-12 championship teams (plus potentially League One, SPL sides and maybe even Premier League sides who want to spend or not spend money in each respective case). 

We might get a couple but would bet we lose more than we get - so much so I would consider other approaches to the market. 

We normally lose a few don't we? Even in L1 we weren't a "pull" insofar as everyone we enquired about chose us over another team.

Just my recollection from last summer window anyway.