Derby County v Shrewsbury: Player Ratings

Ellafella

Half-marks allowed; please rate all subs. Closes Thursday @ 18:00. Results by Thursday 22:00. Average is 6.00. Therefore, when a sub steps on the pitch he is on 6 -that'sthe baseline. Also indicate ATG (at the game) Or Tv.

1Wildsmith

24Nyambe

2Wilson

5Bradley

35Nelson

23Ward

7Barkhuizen

32Adams

16Thompson

4Hourihane

8Bird

17Sibley

20Elder

11Méndez-Laing

9Collins

1Wildsmith              6

24Nyambe             6

2Wilson                  6

5Bradley                6.5

35Nelson               6

23Ward                  5.5

7Barkhuizen           6.5

32Adams                7

16Thompson          5.5

4Hourihane            6

8Bird                       7

17Sibley                 5

20Elder                  6

11Méndez-Laing   6.5

9Collins                  6

ATG

56 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Half-marks allowed; please rate all subs. Closes Thursday @ 18:00. Results by Thursday 22:00. Average is 6.00. Therefore, when a sub steps on the pitch he is on 6 -that'sthe baseline. Also indicate ATG (at the game) Or Tv.

1Wildsmith 6

24Nyambe 6

2Wilson 5.5

5Bradley 5

35Nelson 6

23Ward 6

7Barkhuizen 6.5

32Adams 7

16Thompson 5.5

4Hourihane 6

8Bird 7

17Sibley 5.5

20Elder 6

11Méndez-Laing 6

9Collins 5.5

Edited by sage

ATG

1Wildsmith:-6

24Nyambe:-6

5Bradley:-6

35Nelson:-6

23Ward:-6

32Adams:-6.5

4Hourihane:-5

8Bird:-6.5

17Sibley:-6

11Méndez-Laing:-6

9Collins:-6.5

7Barkhuizen:-6

20Elder:-6

2Wilson:-5.5

16Thompson:-6

I think I may have been a little generous with the scores. But like some of the players, I can't be bothered to put in the effort to change them.

1 hour ago, Ellafella said:

Wildsmith 6

24Nyambe 7

2Wilson 5

5Bradley 5

35Nelson 6

23Ward 4

7Barkhuizen 3

32Adams 7

16Thompson 3

4Hourihane 4

8Bird 6

17Sibley 4

20Elder 6

11Méndez-Laing 5

9Collins 5

Wildsmith 6.0 Ok.Few loose kicks into touch.? Could have got down quicker for their equaliser

Nyambe 7.0 Defended strongly

Bradley 6.5 OK.A few sloppy bits again.

Nelson 7.0.Consistent as ever.Solid

Ward 7.0.Thought he was good.Energy .Good movement.Great freekick nearly leading to a goal

Sibley.6.5 Decent Looking to go forward

Hourihane 5.5 A few nice passes but anonymous

Bird 7.5 Very good Involved.Worked hard.Scored again.

Adams 6.5. Certainly adds energy and tackling but we should be playing good creative football against these lesser sides.Doesnt offer that.

Collins 6.0 Gave his best as usual 5/3/2 formation created nothing at all for him especially in the first half

NML 7.5.Only forward with pace trying to make things happen as usual

Wilson 5

Thompson 6.

Elder 

Barks 5

ATG

1Wildsmith. 6.5….didn’t look like his confidence has been knocked by being dropped which is the most important thing from yesterday. Not much to do

24Nyambe. 7….defensively solid. Was he injured? Convention is to sit on the ground and declare yourself injured if you are 1-0 up with 5 mins to play. Daftest sub of the season if not.

2Wilson 6….should he have even come on at RB? Terrible defending for their goal but excellent for last few mins when trying to get winner

5Bradley 6.5…..shaky start but eventually a good performance. Actually plays passes to players more than Cashin but defensively no contest. Should’ve been switched to LCB sooner to address imbalance 

35Nelson. 7……solid. Only saw their goal once live and then on concourse re-run but possibly out of position. Should’ve been switched to CB sooner to address imbalance 

23Ward 6……good feet and close control but didn’t offer a lot going forward 

7Barkhuizen 6…..offers impetus. One horror miscue….2 point blank efforts in final second 

32Adams 6.5….certainly breaks up play and Bird and Hourihane benefit from the extra body. Played a few hospital passes though at thigh/waist height to players not in a position to receive it

16Thompson 6…

4Hourihane 5.5….great free kick and some good deliveries into the box. Thought he worked hard defensively

8Bird 6…..not great in the first half. Big improvement second half

17Sibley 6….did OK again defensively. Didn’t shift the ball quick enough on several occasions 

20Elder 6…..did Ok

11Méndez-Laing 6.5…..much better on a wing. But soooo glad he’s fit

9Collins. 6….no service again. If you were a striker in the transfer window would you really want to come to Derby to replace him? Thankless task.

Better performance than Cheltenham but not great to watch. Win and it’s bearable. Don’t win and the cracks just seem bigger. Fed up of watching us sitting back, trying to hold on to single goal leads as if we’re a L2 team playing Man City. Last 5 mins were proper exciting, entertaining football as we tried to win it.

1Wildsmith 6.5 - Nice to see Joe back, though a shame it's an injury to Josh that brought it about. Did OK.

24Nyambe 7.0 - Typically solid. Sadly also typical that we conceded the moment he was taken off with a knock. Hopefully it's not going to mean more games without him.

2Wilson 6.0 - Might be feeling a bit miffed right now - fact is, even of you only get a few minutes, you need to be switched on. Remains firmly in credit with me though.

5Bradley 6.5 - Seems to be settling down and had another decent game yesterday.

35Nelson 7.0 - Mr Consistency, he was solid again yesterday and like Nyambe, seems vital to our defence

23Ward 5.5 - Has yet to show his form, but he's had very little opportunity to do so and may yet come good. Like a few others, he may be finding his legs late in the season which could yet prove a blessing.

7Barkhuizen 5.5 - Seems to have reverted to the mean again in recent weeks and we need the best Tom, not the one who gets lost in games. 

32Adams 8.0 - Another MOTM performance and he went for nearly the entire game, finally subbed when he started cramping. Was mildly concerned to see him gas early first time out, so this was encouraging and he was immense in the midfield battle.

16Thompson 5.5 - Little chance to show us his stuff, might he have started ahead of Hourihane?

4Hourihane 5.5 - Another whose form has dipped again and to my eye, he desperately needs a rest. I like Conor and he can be deadly played in behind and picking up the pieces around the box. I feel like he needs to be given plenty of time between games though.

8Bird 7.5 - Max was very good again. A couple of errors, but he looked switched on and took his goal really well. He's a player I'll miss once he's gone. He has loads of ability.

17Sibley 6.0 - Not sure where we are with Louie these days. I don't agree with a deal of the criticism Warne receives, but I do ponder the way this lad has been handled. That said, has he really grasped his opportunities? Another average display.

20Elder 6.0 - There's something there for sure, but he wasn't really on the pitch long enough to show us too much.

11Méndez-Laing 7.0 - A slight dip in form from Nate, but as he always does, he ran hard and rapidly and at least gave them something to think about. Might he need freshening up?

9Collins 6 - Jimmy, Jimmy, Jimmy. If he had talent to match his work ethic, he'd be a a Premiership player. Even Jason Knight didn't cover the ground this old soldier does. Sadly, there was little to show for his endeavours.

WarneWatch: Soz, gaffer, I think you messed up a little this time. Just my opinion, but with Nyambe and Wildsmith coming back in, was this not an opportunity to revert to a more standard 4-3-3? I can see the need for a switch to 3 at times, but I think we've been at our best and most consistent with a back 4 and personnel notwithstanding, that's how I reckon we should be starting the majority of games. 

Edited by Comrade 86

ATG

1Wildsmith              6

24Nyambe             6.5

2Wilson                  5

5Bradley                6

35Nelson               6.5

23Ward                  5

7Barkhuizen           6

32Adams                7

16Thompson          5

4Hourihane            6

8Bird                       7

17Sibley                 6

20Elder                  6

11Méndez-Laing   6.5

9Collins                  6

1Wildsmith                6.   Not a lot to do. 

24Nyambe                7.   Defended well.

2Wilson                     5.   Caught cold. At fault for their goal within a minute of coming on.

5Bradley                    6.   Did OK but still gives me the jitters. Repeatedly wrestled, grappled at corners but nothing given.

35Nelson                   7.5  Defended well as usual. Unlucky with header that hit bar. Again repeatedly wrestled at corners.

23Ward                      6.   OK but we needed more from him. One superb cross nearly led to a goal.

7Barkhuizen              5.   Little impact.

32Adams                   7.   Grew in to the game especially noticeable second half. Some crunching tackles.

16Thompson             5.   Ditto Wilson.

4Hourihane               6.   One excellent free kick. Rather anonymous.

8Bird                          6.5. Thought he only came to life after his goal.

17Sibley                     6.   Did ok.

20Elder                      6.   Steady.

11Méndez-Laing       6.   Livelier second half.

9Collins                     6.   Usual Collo but nothing fell for him.

ATG.    First half awful. Second better without being great. Obvious though which system suits us best.

1Wildsmith 7 - commanded his box well, a good save at 1-1. 

24Nyambe - 7 looked to have his opponent in his pocket and there was no danger down that side til he went off.

2Wilson 5.5 - poor defending for their goal, attacked well the rest of the game

5Bradley - 6 - still looks like an accident waiting to happen

35Nelson 7 - our best defender on the day

23Ward - 5 didn't have any joy once he crossed the half way line, on the odd occasion he did

7Barkhuizen - 5 .5 needed to have more of an impact

32Adams - 7.5 along with Bird our best player on the day. Brings a new dimension to the side

16Thompson - 6 buzzed about Thommo style

4Hourihane - 5.5 Rather anonymous, is he rendered unnecessary in this team by Adams' arrival?

8Bird - 7.5 Something has given him a new lease of life, either his move or Adams' arrival

17Sibley - 5 - see Ward

20Elder - 6 solid enough

11Méndez-Laing - 6 never really hit first gear

9Collins - 5 usual work rate was there, but unnecessarily offside a stupid amount of times 

7 hours ago, Ellafella said:

1Wildsmith 6.5 good to see Joe back, good save to preserve the point

24Nyambe 6.5 defended well

2Wilson 5.5 asleep for equaliser 

5Bradley 6.5 pretty solid 

35Nelson 7 immense again

23Ward 6 couple of excellent crosses

7Barkhuizen 6 flitted in and out

32Adams 8 was everywhere 

16Thompson 6

4Hourihane 5.5 need more from him

8Bird 7 tried to drive us forward

17Sibley 6.5 did ok defensively