Where do you think we'll finish this season?

8 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I’m hoping they draw, with 2 key players from both sides sent off for violent conduct meaning 3 game bans, and a further key player each injured within the dying seconds of the game so the match isn’t abandoned but it leaves both sides severely weakened for the run-in….

Thats bad of me isn’t it? 

Draw has to be the best result…2pts rather than 3pts won…

3 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

If Barnsley V Bolton ends a draw - we drop to 3rd . If Barnsley win their other game in hand - we drop to 4th.  Barnsley will then want the Rams/ Bolton game to be a draw . It really is Squeaky-Bum time .

4 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Not necessarily, only time will tell.

A draw allows Barnsley one more possible point than us, but a defeat puts us level with them, with us currently been ahead on goal difference.

A Bolton win also allows Bolton to finish on the same points as Derby, assuming Derby win their match between Bolton, with us being ahead on goal difference.

Barnsley being on a better run at the moment, also need to be pulled back, whereas Bolton even with a good victory behind them, have got some challenging games to finish off the season.

10 hours ago, ram59 said:

A draw allows Barnsley one more possible point than us, but a defeat puts us level with them, with us currently been ahead on goal difference.

A Bolton win also allows Bolton to finish on the same points as Derby, assuming Derby win their match between Bolton, with us being ahead on goal difference.

Barnsley being on a better run at the moment, also need to be pulled back, whereas Bolton even with a good victory behind them, have got some challenging games to finish off the season.

Who knows but the actual maths says a draw is best…

10 hours ago, ram59 said:

I agree. I think a Barnsley win is the worst outcome for us due to their favourable run in. A narrow win for Bolton, a couple of red cards each and season-ending injuries for a few key players on each team would be a Carlsberg result IMO.

11 hours ago, Crewton said:

I agree. I think a Barnsley win is the worst outcome for us due to their favourable run in. A narrow win for Bolton, a couple of red cards each and season-ending injuries for a few key players on each team would be a Carlsberg result IMO.

Barnsley are 1-0 up at half -time but Bolton have had more possession. Don’t know about any XG BS , but could still be a draw . 

9 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

Barnsley are 1-0 up at half -time but Bolton have had more possession. Don’t know about any XG BS , but could still be a draw . 

When you wish you could add a "Yeah me" reaction to your own post!

That put the Xg BS in it's place.  Good work sir.  😁

On 02/03/2024 at 17:10, eddielewis said:

Update after today's results 

Barnsley winning away has tipped the odds to them but it's still very tight

image.thumb.png.6ba68f5c8ca375f5422a19b0dceecacc.png

The table's algorithm is still playing it safe got us winning 1 and drawing the other away games.

image.thumb.png.ffb10fae8b03d1d5ad5d7520ecb90a85.png

2 hours ago, eddielewis said:

The table's algorithm is still playing it safe got us winning 1 and drawing the other away games.

image.thumb.png.ffb10fae8b03d1d5ad5d7520ecb90a85.png

I think Barnsley’s result today proves how unreliable our predictors (including my own) can be. No one in their right mind would have predicted an away win, especially by such a margin.

Pinched from elsewhere……..pick the bones out of this lot! 👍😁

The week in yellow is the international break.

The Posh v Wycombe 6th April is the Johnstones pizza Bristol street trophy thingy being played on the 7th.

IMG_1411.thumb.jpeg.a6d4add097a40e8dd51a8f3b009cc317.jpeg

Edited by Old Spalding Ram

I've sat down gone through the fixtures, picked out the wins,draws and defeats for each team. My result (the finished league table) had Pompey finishing 3rd and losing out to a team pipping them on goal difference for 2nd spot. I'm not going to jinx it by revealing the winner or 2nd, but my top 6 teams are all the current top 6.

5 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

I've sat down gone through the fixtures, picked out the wins,draws and defeats for each team. My result (the finished league table) had Pompey finishing 3rd and losing out to a team pipping them on goal difference for 2nd spot. I'm not going to jinx it by revealing the winner or 2nd, but my top 6 teams are all the current top 6.

You little tease….

41 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

Through this site? For what it's worth, I also have Pompey finishing 3rd with 92 points but missing out on goal difference.

https://www.worldfootball.net/table_calculator/eng-league-one/

Think 92 points will guarantee top 2, think 89 points is the lowest amount of points that may get top 2.

Portsmouth I feel have enough credit in the bank to reach the 92 mark. Think Bolton's form, injuries etc are all going against them and I don't think Barnsley will make the charge that we were expecting.

Think its a toss up between ourselves and Posh for the other automatic spot as they've hit form, score goals and have quite a nice fixture list.