Derby v Cheltenham Town - Match Day Thread

Just now, Bris Vegas said:

Went from being an U18 PL champion, to scoring a 25-yard cracker on his full debut and then banging in a hat-trick on his second start, resulting in speculation of a £20m+ move to the Premier League.

To now being a makeshift LB in the third tier, a squad player only stepping in as our 34-year-old regular is out injured.

Seriously, wtf happened?

I’ve no idea but I still enjoy watching him for the most part (his frustrating free kicks he gives away apart). Think he’s one of the few players we’ve got that can take a ball past a player in tight spaces. Doesn’t rely on pace. 

Feel like he’ll never make it here though - too many managers used him as a utility player. Will watch with interest where ever he ends up next though. 

Just now, Carl Sagan said:

Presumably he's acting under instructions. Warne insists on getting the ball into the box as quickly as possible.

Meanwhile, I'm only listening to Radio Derby, but an incident sounded weird. Sibley apparently elbowed in the face, drawing blood. No freekick given. Sibs has lengthy treatment, yet despite this being an obvious head injury, is ordered to leave the field allowing Cheltenham to attack 10 men, Barks having to deputize as left back. And, to compound this, the referee would not let Sibley back onto the field for a long time. What is going on with the officials? How can they be so very poor?

Meanwhile a Cheltenham player has a poorly leg and is being given all the time in the world with the physio

4 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Presumably he's acting under instructions. Warne insists on getting the ball into the box as quickly as possible.

Meanwhile, I'm only listening to Radio Derby, but an incident sounded weird. Sibley apparently elbowed in the face, drawing blood. No freekick given. Sibs has lengthy treatment, yet despite this being an obvious head injury, is ordered to leave the field allowing Cheltenham to attack 10 men, Barks having to deputize as left back. And, to compound this, the referee would not let Sibley back onto the field for a long time. What is going on with the officials? How can they be so very poor?

He constantly seems to shoot the second he’s anyways central in the final third when there Is better options available. Don’t mind players getting shots off but majority of the time it’s blocked by a player a yard or two in front and a wasted attack. 

4 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

I’ve no idea but I still enjoy watching him for the most part (his frustrating free kicks he gives away apart). Think he’s one of the few players we’ve got that can take a ball past a player in tight spaces. Doesn’t rely on pace. 

Feel like he’ll never make it here though - too many managers used him as a utility player. Will watch with interest where ever he ends up next though. 

Needs a run of games in the middle of the park

26 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Cheltenham are a team of players who were so bad it took about 11 games to score their first goal. Their budget will be peanuts and yet under this new gaffer they’re playing above the sum of the parts. 

Our players are capable of so much more. Give them a canvas and plan to go and do it on. 

And who was their first goal against🤔. Ah wait......us😳