Reading v Derby match day thread.

Boycie

6 minutes ago, one_chop said:

I don't go into work dressed as Ali G with headphones on singing songs littered with obscenities so why should footballers ? It's their place of work. No discipline off the pitch nor on it by the looks of tonight.

It’s their place of work, they’re wearing club colours more than likely under instruction….a work uniform if you like, your comments about them listening to songs with obscenity are wrapped up in odd sweeping generalisations, do you know for certain the musical tastes of the likes of James Collins, Conor Hourihane, Tyrese Fornah, Eiran Cashin and Korey Smith?

They were poor on the pitch tonight, there’s no need to invent other things to throw at them.

1 hour ago, strawhillram said:

That’s not very fair on💩

How? Cash dcm and the other 2? Thats giving hourihane  and bird a chance if not bird id sell make money and get someone else in! Teams are taking the piss out off our midfield  

6 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

It’s their place of work, they’re wearing club colours more than likely under instruction….a work uniform if you like, your comments about them listening to songs with obscenity are wrapped up in odd sweeping generalisations, do you know for certain the musical tastes of the likes of James Collins, Conor Hourihane, Tyrese Fornah, Eiran Cashin and Korey Smith?

They were poor on the pitch tonight, there’s no need to invent other things to throw at them.

I understand Collins likes Motorhead or Steps and Fornah and Cashin recently got into an argument over who had dibs on Best of Enigma.  Smith always insists on the hardest Dutch Gabba Techno and Hourihane likes Tom Jones on the team coach stereo and a lap dance from Warne when scores as he has a massive collection of mugs already.  You can leave your bobble hat on. 

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

Silly receuitment. One league goal at Port Vale (lucky strike for me) and we wanted him for the whole season.

Genuinely struggle to see what he is. So yep - probably £100-150k wasted on him now.

There's some proper sh*te being posted on this thread this evening (no surprise there) but "lucky strike" is matchless 😂

Another poor performance from a team that has been Jekyll and Hyde since the turn of the year. Predictably a deal of spleen-venting, some of which is understandable. That being said, it's depressing how quickly some folk turn on their own team. By the same token, the players need to take a long hard look at their performance levels tonight, as if we are to maintain a promotion push, we've simply got to work harder. 

1 hour ago, Mihangel said:

s*** against Burton, s*** against Lincoln, uber s*** against reading, cheers Paul

Simple football,  i got a torn a new 1 last game now, Look at everyone... league 1 manager league 1 team( championship squad) 

After calming a bit

we do have a good squad 

even though it’s not aesthetically pleasing the system has worked and got us a lot of wins 

We will get another signing or 2

We are missing a chunk of the squad through injury, illness and afcon. 

we just need a few changes and to get a few players rejuvenated and ready to go again. 

time to build another run starting Saturday 

1 minute ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

Simple football,  i got a torn a new 1 last game now, Look at everyone... league 1 manager league 1 team( championship squad) 

You got torn a new one, as you put it, for posting like a hangry baby. The fact that you welcome others doing the same speaks volumes.

FWIW, If you and others seriously believe that you are the only ones who can see that there are issues with the team, then you need to brush up on your reading skills. Equally, if you think this squad would prosper in the Championship, then I'd beg to differ. That's just something folk say to bash Warne I'm afraid. Same people continuously pumping the same line, then calling the team garbage every week, like nobody will notice the contradiction. We're a L1 side and that's all we are until we're not.

s*** performances eventually find you out!..its been coming...shame that arrogant t***** can't see what everyone else can...ie..

...We get ripped apart through midfield as we don't have a dcm! When we do have the ball, we don't play through our ball playing midfielders..so mainly they are totally useless!

Without Nyambe and Forsyth we struggle defensively.

Wildsmith is a better keeper than Vickers.

Collins is not a good footballer, but we don't have an option as Waghorn, Washington, and now, John Jules are all injured..so he will run out of steam very soon.

Need to sign a new striker, Smith or Martin ( left out of Bristol Rovers squad tonight)!

3 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

You got torn a new one, as you put it, for posting like a hangry baby. The fact that you welcome others doing the same speaks volumes.

FWIW, If you and others seriously believe that you are the only ones who can see that there are issues with the team, then you need to brush up on your reading skills. Equally, if you think this squad would prosper in the Championship, then I'd beg to differ. That's just something folk say to bash Warne I'm afraid. Same people continuously pumping the same line, then calling the team garbage every week, like nobody will notice the contradiction. We're a L1 side and that's all we are until we're not.

Im not saying they would prosper in the championship, im saying we arent even a league 1 side at this point, weve achieved nothing in the last 4 games, and were lucky to make any points off the teams since peterborough! There is no style of football to see and warne has been having his "style" implemented for nearly 2 years now, no further along or better off for it.