Korey Smith

Rammysees

I think he’s alright is smith. Problem is he’s just not as good as Hourihane and Bird at football and Warne clearly favours having Tommo around for his energy. If we’re playing two in midfield, it sort of limits his chances of getting in the squad. May get in ahead of Fornah I suppose 

I think some of the criticism he gets is harsh. He’s not the long term answer in midfield, but Bird and Hourihane can be equally if not sometimes more frustrating in the quality v consistency stakes.

I do think he will find it hard to get back into the team, simply because we can’t afford to have players playing their way into form or fitness at this stage of the season.

However I get the sense he’s a really good pro though and that is important. He really stepped up to the plate and was very reliable playing at right back last season.

From videos and clips on our social media channels, you also get the feeling he’s a good character and good to have in the dressing room and around the club.

If he moves on be it in January or the summer, he should go with our well wishes.

He's decent enough, the issue is that playing a 3 of Smith, Hourihane & Bird seemed to leave us short in attacking areas.

When Hourihane is suspended then Smith will probably come in to play alongside Bird and he'll do just fine.

I had no issues with him at right back. I thought he did really well, I know he favours a centre midfielder position however he's our 4th best CM as it stands. Another problem is Warne had every intention on buying wing backs in the summer which wouldn't suit Smith's game as a full back. Maybe he thought pushing him back into midfielder was the answer, I just don't think the dynamic of Bird, Smith and Hourihane ever consistently worked. Technically a very good player, a shame we already have two quality technical midfielders at this level.

3 hours ago, Jourdan said:

I think some of the criticism he gets is harsh. He’s not the long term answer in midfield, but Bird and Hourihane can be equally if not sometimes more frustrating in the quality v consistency stakes.

I do think he will find it hard to get back into the team, simply because we can’t afford to have players playing their way into form or fitness at this stage of the season.

However I get the sense he’s a really good pro though and that is important. He really stepped up to the plate and was very reliable playing at right back last season.

From videos and clips on our social media channels, you also get the feeling he’s a good character and good to have in the dressing room and around the club.

If he moves on be it in January or the summer, he should go with our well wishes.

Can't see him being moved on.  Clear that Warne likes him for all the reasons you've stated.  Good pro, character etc.  Haven't been many occasions when he's been fit and not picked by Warne.

On 18/01/2024 at 15:49, Caerphilly Ram said:

He was back in training prior to the Burton game, can see him in these pics, Warne joked in his pre-match interview that he was gonna tell Korey he’s playing right back;

Could be a contract thing, but I suspect it was one game too soon against Burton. 

Thanks for the info