Parking Now

rammieib

Council has now introduced permit parking only on the roads on the Alvaston Side of Pride Park (London Road) and so on. 

It’s now actually getting harder and harder to get to park at games. My dad is 82, this will probably be the final nail for him coming to games.

I understand the other side of the argument - this is where people live and so on, but it’s just silly now.

Unfortunately I did not know this and ended up coming back to a ticket on my car after the game. I cannot recall seeing any obvious signs and having checked the Derby Council website, Zone 39 - Wilmorton is the only Zone that you cannot click on to see a map of permitted streets. I'll ring the council on Monday to get some clarification and see if it is worth appealing.

3 minutes ago, Derbyram1983 said:

Soon there will be some form of congestion charge. It doesn't matter how much money they make because it's clearly not being spent wisely. How much did the footbridge and a52 widening cost? Still probably paying for this. 

Not forgetting the state of the art white elephant that is the Waste Treatment Plant in Sinfin where the Council/s have to pay £93m to a firm 🙄

1 hour ago, Wistaston Ram said:

Unfortunately I did not know this and ended up coming back to a ticket on my car after the game. I cannot recall seeing any obvious signs and having checked the Derby Council website, Zone 39 - Wilmorton is the only Zone that you cannot click on to see a map of permitted streets. I'll ring the council on Monday to get some clarification and see if it is worth appealing.

Get in touch with Ravel Morrison, he'll get you a blue badge from a dead person sorted and you can park wherever you want.

2 hours ago, Wistaston Ram said:

I was actually grateful that one of the locals came outside his house and told me. I did a drive round and saw the new signs up. They were up as you entered the area from London Rod but each individual road didn’t have any specific signs. Looks like he saved me £60.

I saw one car afterwards on the street (where at the end of it is a little car park and people often park on the grass verges) with a ticket on but it could have been from today or an older one.

Evening games are OK after six.

Surely the best option is just to pay for a car park season ticket? I enquired this summer for disabled parking for an elderly couple I've sat next to for years, the official disabled parking is fully sold out with a waitlist so long they stopped accepting more to it. The next best is to just buy a regular seasonal parking ticket in the South Stand/Derby Arena car park.

The club still operates those little golf carts to shuttle the elderly around to their gate. If you let the steward know on the gate, he'll radio through for one, eventually he'll get to know you by sight and be on it straight away. Sure it costs, but I can arrive to the car park at 2.50pm, park up no bother, walk over to my gate and be in my seat for the players coming out. Sure, after the game it's a wait to be let out but a wander around the club shop, sandwich in Subway, drink at The Yard or just a flask and biscuits in the car listening to Radio Derby post match and time passes fine.

16 hours ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

Surely the best option is just to pay for a car park season ticket? I enquired this summer for disabled parking for an elderly couple I've sat next to for years, the official disabled parking is fully sold out with a waitlist so long they stopped accepting more to it. The next best is to just buy a regular seasonal parking ticket in the South Stand/Derby Arena car park.

The club still operates those little golf carts to shuttle the elderly around to their gate. If you let the steward know on the gate, he'll radio through for one, eventually he'll get to know you by sight and be on it straight away. Sure it costs, but I can arrive to the car park at 2.50pm, park up no bother, walk over to my gate and be in my seat for the players coming out. Sure, after the game it's a wait to be let out but a wander around the club shop, sandwich in Subway, drink at The Yard or just a flask and biscuits in the car listening to Radio Derby post match and time passes fine.

Wasn’t any car parking tickets left when I checked start of season from memory. My dad offered to buy one.

I don’t think he’d ever want to use a cart. He can walk 1klm or so (when his hearts not plying up). He’s not a guy who takes the football seriously, leaves on 85 (because he doesn’t like the crowds) and I’m not sure he’d be upset if he didn’t go anymore. 

You’d think maybe the club would offer cheaper parking passes to ST holders who are over a specific age. I think they do cheaper season tickets from 85 plus? (He’s 82 by the way).

Still, another forum member has given me an idea privately, which is appreciated so I’ll give that a go for the next Saturday game.

• 3 months later...

Anypne have any advice please....:

I normally go to the match with relatives who have a parking season ticket (Car Park B - Arena) but I'm taking Miss Wolfie to the Orient game and so need to drive seperately and pre-pay to park in the same car park as them.

I stupidly paid the parking on the MiPermit app on Sunday just gone without first signing into my account, so I don't have any email confirmation or live booking showing on the app.

Will they know on the entrance that my car registration has been used for a booking?. Otherwise all I have is a £10 transaction on my credit card app that I can show them. I sent a message on the MiPermit website but I'm not confident of getting an answer.

Thanks!

54 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

I normally go to the match with relatives who have a parking season ticket (Car Park B - Arena) but I'm taking Miss Wolfie to the Orient game and so need to drive seperately and pre-pay to park in the same car park as them.

I stupidly paid the parking on the MiPermit app on Sunday just gone without first signing into my account, so I don't have any email confirmation or live booking showing on the app.

Will they know on the entrance that my car registration has been used for a booking?. Otherwise all I have is a £10 transaction on my credit card app that I can show them. I sent a message on the MiPermit website but I'm not confident of getting an answer.

Thanks!

Give them a call, Wolfie. Ask your bank for the relevant transaction code (you can probably get it from your mobile banking app if you use one), provide it to MiPermit and ask them to manually update your account. Hope it gets sorted in any case!

1 hour ago, Wolfie said:

Thanks!

They don't check you going in, I did similar when I went on a one off for hospitality. I just said I'd prepaid and the hivis man accepted it.

They go around, probably during the game, checking reg plates as they'd normally do any other day, as they have done when I've been at the arena for the gym.

1 hour ago, Wolfie said:

Thanks!

As @Comrade 86 said give them a call. I have done so in the past when I wasn’t sure if my payment had gone through. They were most helpful and sorted it straight away 

Edited by Reggie Greenwood
Spelling

15 hours ago, Wolfie said:

Thanks!

I've done that before. I've since made sure i log in but it doesnt matter as you dont need to show evidence upon entry. You just say 'i paid online' and they wave you in. It will be on their records so if someone goes round and checks car plate numbers there will be no issue.

The MiPermit app is one of the worst. The fact you can book online without logging in and they dont send any confirmation is terrible.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all, looking for a bit of parking advice please for Saturday. I normally park on ascot drive but the daughter has a match at the racecourse till gone 11:30am, so won’t have time for heading to my usual spot and getting to the ground (thanks a lot kick off change). Where’s a decent shout to park on that side of the a52 (can park up pre daughters match) or am I best just having a fair walk from the racecourse? Didn’t know if chad had any permit shenanigans like London road does now too. Ta