Parking Now

rammieib

47 minutes ago, Red_ram said:

Hey all, looking for a bit of parking advice please for Saturday. I normally park on ascot drive but the daughter has a match at the racecourse till gone 11:30am, so won’t have time for heading to my usual spot and getting to the ground (thanks a lot kick off change). Where’s a decent shout to park on that side of the a52 (can park up pre daughters match) or am I best just having a fair walk from the racecourse? Didn’t know if chad had any permit shenanigans like London road does now too. Ta

Try Darwin Place Car Park. Easy to get out of afterwards as well 

No street permits around Chad.
I live (and walk from) home, down near the cricket ground/Racecourse car park.  I wouldn't consider anything other than leaving the car there and walking.  Bang on 30 mins without "dashing".  Most folk going that way seem to pass me, so maybe 25 mins for them!
You could easily lose 10/15 mins driving/stuck in traffic/looking for spaces elsewhere, and still have a walk!

I normally leave around 2:10/2:15 for a 3pm game, and arrive at the club shop corner of the ground around 2:40.  I'll be leaving nearer to 11:30 for this, as I want to soak up a bit of atmosphere.  I'll be there for noon.

Take the Pentagon > cross the A52 Derby Bound > Past the old cattle market/new Jaguar place > Through Costco route.

... Just hope there's no chance of extra time & pens in your daughter's game!  😁

👍

I normally get in early enough to book parking at Chad Sainsburys or Premier Inn, too late this time.

If that fails its normally Car Park A or B, but there are a nightmare to get out of after the match. 

I am going to try Derbion tomorrow, if you register beforehand you can park for £4 match days.

4 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

No street permits around Chad.
I live (and walk from) home, down near the cricket ground/Racecourse car park.  I wouldn't consider anything other than leaving the car there and walking.  Bang on 30 mins without "dashing".  Most folk going that way seem to pass me, so maybe 25 mins for them!
You could easily lose 10/15 mins driving/stuck in traffic/looking for spaces elsewhere, and still have a walk!

I normally leave around 2:10/2:15 for a 3pm game, and arrive at the club shop corner of the ground around 2:40.  I'll be leaving nearer to 11:30 for this, as I want to soak up a bit of atmosphere.  I'll be there for noon.

Take the Pentagon > cross the A52 Derby Bound > Past the old cattle market/new Jaguar place > Through Costco route.

... Just hope there's no chance of extra time & pens in your daughter's game!  😁

👍

One other thing...

Assuming we all leave together (Which I concede may well not be the case tomorrow)...

The walk back towards the cricket ground takes a similar time as the official supporters buses parked up by Subway (I usually get to Pentagon at the same time... and NEVER leave before the final whistle!).
No other traffic (Other than away fan coaches?) can leave the stadium area before those buses, so any other matchday traffic will be behind them. That should infer a clean getaway from the cricket ground/racecourse area before the traffic builds up around there.

31 minutes ago, oodledoodle said:

Seconding this. You also have pubs to break up the walk to and from the ground.

Thirding this - used it for years.  Now use the car park next door on Exeter Street near junction with Derwent Street as this is “card only” and even on match days is almost empty.  

37 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

One other thing...

Assuming we all leave together (Which I concede may well not be the case tomorrow)...

The walk back towards the cricket ground takes a similar time as the official supporters buses parked up by Subway (I usually get to Pentagon at the same time... and NEVER leave before the final whistle!).
No other traffic (Other than away fan coaches?) can leave the stadium area before those buses, so any other matchday traffic will be behind them. That should infer a clean getaway from the cricket ground/racecourse area before the traffic builds up around there.

Did those timings still work on sombrero day or did the additional wind resistance delay you? I wound my mum up this week saying that people were wearing sombreros again tomorrow - the look she gave me was equivalent of 1000 words, none good

22 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Did those timings still work on sombrero day or did the additional wind resistance delay you? I wound my mum up this week saying that people were wearing sombreros again tomorrow - the look she gave me was equivalent of 1000 words, none good

Oh really?  😲

Well tell "Mother Dearest"...

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952siik1vrbb5x753p44m7

😉🤣🐏

On 09/04/2024 at 16:20, Animal is a Ram said:

They don't check you going in, I did similar when I went on a one off for hospitality. I just said I'd prepaid and the hivis man accepted it.

They go around, probably during the game, checking reg plates as they'd normally do any other day, as they have done when I've been at the arena for the gym.

On 10/04/2024 at 06:34, baiano27 said:

I've done that before. I've since made sure i log in but it doesnt matter as you dont need to show evidence upon entry. You just say 'i paid online' and they wave you in. It will be on their records so if someone goes round and checks car plate numbers there will be no issue.

The MiPermit app is one of the worst. The fact you can book online without logging in and they dont send any confirmation is terrible.

Forgot to update but this is what happened on the day.

I did phone Mipermit as suggested by some but whatever the nice lady did, didn't work with linking it to my account, but it didn't matter because I just got waved into the car park on the day.

21 hours ago, Red_ram said:

Hey all, looking for a bit of parking advice please for Saturday. I normally park on ascot drive but the daughter has a match at the racecourse till gone 11:30am, so won’t have time for heading to my usual spot and getting to the ground (thanks a lot kick off change). Where’s a decent shout to park on that side of the a52 (can park up pre daughters match) or am I best just having a fair walk from the racecourse? Didn’t know if chad had any permit shenanigans like London road does now too. Ta

Alvaston Park , Meadow Lane , Alvaston , Derby , DE248QQ , entrance is off London Rd , free and a nice walk round the lake brings you out behind JJB and the away coaches

35 minutes ago, hales300k said:

Alvaston Park , Meadow Lane , Alvaston , Derby , DE248QQ , entrance is off London Rd , free and a nice walk round the lake brings you out behind JJB and the away coaches

I'd Imagine a full 30min trek (at best!) from The Racecourse to Alvo park within an hour of a sell out kick off at PP?  🤷‍♂️

8 hours ago, CBRammette said:

I’ve still got mine. Should I wear it tomorrow? 😂

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

I'd Imagine a full 30min trek (at best!) from The Racecourse to Alvo park within an hour of a sell out kick off at PP?  🤷‍♂️

Whoops , sorry . missed the Racecourse bit ! Who cares , we`re going up , hope everyone makes it for K.O , Simmo remembers his old mates and Ebou bangs in the winner to get us over the line COYRs 

I've parked at Chad Park before - the little car park -  when I was pushed for time coming from that side - walked through the park, cross Nottm Rd and down that street to the bridge over the A52.