Derby vs Leyton Orient

B4’s Sister

11 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

There’s my answer, Nyambe misses out and Ward comes in. Do we think that’s a back 4 with Wilson or Ward at rb? Or is it a back 3 of Forsyth, Nelson and Cashin with Ward/wilson or Sibley as wing backs? 

I'm going for the former based on Ward playing there the other night.

Wildsmith

Ward       Nelson      Cashin      Forsyth

Hourihane     Bird

Wilson               Sibley           Mendez-Laing

Collins

16 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

There’s my answer, Nyambe misses out and Ward comes in. Do we think that’s a back 4 with Wilson or Ward at rb? Or is it a back 3 of Forsyth, Nelson and Cashin with Ward/wilson or Sibley as wing backs? 

Got to be 4 at the back

Wildsmith

Ward   Nelson   Cashin   Forsyth

Bird   Hourihane

Wilson   Sibley   Mendez-Laing

Collins

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Got to be 4 at the back

Wildsmith

Bird   Hourihane

Collins

Surely we can’t be as rash to start Sibley in HIS favoured position, a big opportunity for Sibley, I hope he takes it 😱😱😱😱🐏🐏😂

Edited by Elwood P Dowd

10 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Got to be 4 at the back

Wildsmith

Bird   Hourihane

Collins

That's the same as the team I wrote but you formatted it more nicely 😉

Bird probably won't be playing that deep though, he'll be much closer to Sibley than he is to Hourihane.

Everyone ahead of Hourihane pressing high so they don't have time to play it out neatly, resulting in long inaccurate passes which the defence mop up with ease. 

The inherent danger being the times the opposition do manage to deal with our press and end up having a run at Hourihane, leaving us exposed. 

...but we'll pretty much always get away with that because the opposition invariably don't have the quality to do anything to take advantage of the situation, with the sheer quality of our defenders (especially when Niambe is playing) acting as a further barrier to them causing us any real stress.

Edited by May Contain Nuts

24 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

As always, for me, it is what it is 🤷🏻‍♂️ That’s the side so let’s see how we do. 

I know what you’re saying, but by that token, what’s the point in this forum or having any discussion if it’s just a case of waiting and seeing what happens?

2 minutes ago, Srg said:

I know what you’re saying, but by that token, what’s the point in this forum or having any discussion if it’s just a case of waiting and seeing what happens?

I only expressed my opinion, I didn’t say you couldn’t or shouldn’t have shared yours. Hence the “for me” bit. I didn’t think I’d challenged what you said in any direct way, just theorised he’s perhaps not fully fit and shared my own view.

IF leaving Fornah on the bench proves to be an issue I’ll say when I’ve got evidence, until then I’m happy to wait and see how the side does. You, and others, may prefer to express that before kick off that’s up to you.

6 hours ago, Ilkestonian said:

One of my mates can't make it today so I have a spare adult ticket if anyone is interested - £30 face value.

3 hours ago, DavesaRam said:

3 hours ago, Ilkestonian said:

I wondered about him but he said he wanted a couple so I didn't contact him - I'm pleased to say I've just sold it though but thanks for the thought 🙂

Thanks both! Yeah I have nephew Sagan in town this weekend and, having made him a mascot at an early age, he's cursed to support us as well. So I couldn't have gone on my own. Instead, we've had to pop on a plane to Greece, from where we can watch the match on the telly! Back in town later for Dear England. Come on you Rams! Sibbo to bag a double...