I have a dream

bucktwo

At the start of every season.

Attractive, exciting football and the ability to grind out results with steely, knarled winners sprinkled with some dynamic new signings and home grown youth ..

A real hunt for promotion , a good run in the cups ... ...

Then the reality takes shape ... removed from  both "major" cups before November is out . 

The attractive football and ability to dig in is, at best, an occasional occurance . 

We are bang average, looking adrift of where my dreams and expectations, however realistic, were situated . 

Still, i have a new dream now ....

Is it too far a stretch, to dream of a double wembley visit, play off success and a trophy win???  

I know many thousands will share my dream .... can all the pieces be put together in time for this season? 

13 minutes ago, bucktwo said:

Attractive, exciting football and the ability to grind out results with steely, knarled winners sprinkled with some dynamic new signings and home grown youth ..

Then the reality takes shape ... removed from  both "major" cups before November is out . 

The attractive football and ability to dig in is, at best, an occasional occurance . 

We are bang average, looking adrift of where my dreams and expectations, however realistic, were situated . 

Is it too far a stretch, to dream of a double wembley visit, play off success and a trophy win???  

I know many thousands will share my dream .... can all the pieces be put together in time for this season? 

Must have been a "Daydream"

We moan because our team is inconsistent. My mate supports Cheltenham and they’re consistently rubbish.

We have it lucky compared to some.

Not long ago we were praying for a club of any standard.

My dream is a fanbase that’s more respectful of each other and other clubs.

It’s of an atmosphere of celebration each week that we have a club we love.

In my dream, Derby’s players are desperate to play for their manager and the rams badge.

I hope it comes true.

47 minutes ago, bucktwo said:

I posted this bucktwo on 8th Oct and still stand by this post:

Is Warne looking to go into the DCFC history books by taking us to Wembley twice in one season? The Pizza cup looks high on his agenda this year and the League one automatics are slipping away week by week. Maybe he can sneak us into the top 6 by the end of the year and by that time have sussed out his strongest 11 and best system and formation to play? So who knows could it be on!

54 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

We moan because our team is inconsistent. My mate supports Cheltenham and they’re consistently rubbish.

In my dream, Derby’s players are desperate to play for their manager and the rams badge.

I hope it comes true.

Fair enough and some valid points, but I'm not sure we can take club history out of the context and accept the "Cheltenham" argument 100%. In the early 90s I watched a game in the Beazer Homes Premier Division between Cheltenham and Weymouth (2-2, by the way). That's where Cheltenham were 30 years ago. In that context they're doing brilliantly, living the dream etc. In the context of the last few seasons only: less so.

In the context of five minutes before David Clowes stepped in, I'm with you 100%. But in a reverse of Cheltenham's situation, many of us have been around longer than that and can't escape the nagging feeling not only that we might be (dare I say) entitled to expect more, but also frustrated at one or two things that might niggle fans of any club in any context (including but not necessarily limited to: style of play, limited chances for young players... yadda yadda, you know the rest...)

12 minutes ago, jameso said:

Fair enough and some valid points, but I'm not sure we can take club history out of the context and accept the "Cheltenham" argument 100%. In the early 90s I watched a game in the Beazer Homes Premier Division between Cheltenham and Weymouth (2-2, by the way). That's where Cheltenham were 30 years ago. In that context they're doing brilliantly, living the dream etc. In the context of the last few seasons only: less so.

In the context of five minutes before David Clowes stepped in, I'm with you 100%. But in a reverse of Cheltenham's situation, many of us have been around longer than that and can't escape the nagging feeling not only that we might be (dare I say) entitled to expect more, but also frustrated at one or two things that might niggle fans of any club in any context (including but not necessarily limited to: style of play, limited chances for young players... yadda yadda, you know the rest...)

Yes I’m not denying the feelings of disappointment are real and valid. I’m there too. I guess I’m just saying without DC things could be a lot worse.

Also, that our fans occasionally let disappointment become vitriol.

That’s not why I’m a rams fan.

2 hours ago, BaianoPOTY98 said:

I posted this bucktwo on 8th Oct and still stand by this post:

Is Warne looking to go into the DCFC history books by taking us to Wembley twice in one season? The Pizza cup looks high on his agenda this year and the League one automatics are slipping away week by week. Maybe he can sneak us into the top 6 by the end of the year and by that time have sussed out his strongest 11 and best system and formation to play? So who knows could it be on!

I imagine Warne sees the Pizza cup as winnable . He let Collins run himself into the ground against the Wolves kids , and in the F A Cup he looked “gassed out “ along with Bird , Hourihane and a few others .

3 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

I hope it comes true.

Amen to that, Anag.

3 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

I hope it comes true.

Yea, learnt that from Smoggy, respect and all that 😊

9 hours ago, bucktwo said:

Your dreams have jinxed the first two, I’d advise no more dreaming otherwise all bets are off