Derby County Versus Crewe Alexandra - Match Day Thread - ( FA Cup 1st Rd Replay )

S8TY

Well deserved for Crewe. Over the two games, they have set up well and taken their chances.

It’s typical that we put in such a complacent performance after some really encouraging results v Northampton and Barnsley that hinted at green shoots of recovery.

This was a massive opportunity for Warne and the players to put the ‘outside noise’ to bed and get confidence and momentum really flowing. Instead the pressure has been cranked up yet again.

With the international break now, we have 10 days to sit and wallow in a result that ranks alongside previous upsets v Brentford, Bristol Rovers, Crawley, Colchester and of course Chorley. 

What a let down Warne and these players are becoming.

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

They follow his instructions, such as they are. 

Shared responsibility is not a thing. 

Really? So if a player doesn't play well he can just blame it on the instructions he was given? 

Shared responsibility is definitely a thing although I suspect the lions share should probably sit with PW but I'm making assumptions based on comments on this forum.

6 minutes ago, Rample said:

Pretty shocking really, given the side we put out, and the start we had, but shouldn't we be putting 2 up front against lower league teams?

Playing devils advocate, is it telling that Warne only signed two of the players that started tonight?

Notably he didn't sign any of our centre mids or forwards. I know he brought a number of players in this summer but was he hamstrung filling gaps and taking gambles rather than being able to stamp his style on the team.

It's glaringly apparent now that he inherited a team so far away from his preferred design, with no real means to change it, and as such he was the admitedly the wrong appointment. We don't have the means to shuffle the pack sufficiently in January so any chance of top 6 will be a matter of other sides failings and a bit of luck.

Could another manager be achieving a lot more with these players? Likely so. Could someone come in now and give us a greater shot at promotion and maybe keeping a couple of the players we want to? The switch has flipped in me and I'm now starting to think so.

With an inevitable stampede leaving in summer, we either seriously get our sh*t together now, identify and bring in exactly the players he needs to play Warneball - the midfield workhorses, some towering defenders, the right sort of centre forwards etc. If we aren't planning for that then there is no point keeping with him at all because thats all he can play effectively.

Could you copy and paste this in a letter to David Clowes

Just now, Tamworthram said:

Really? So if a player doesn't play well he can just blame it on the instructions he was given? 

Shared responsibility is definitely a thing although I suspect the lions share should probably sit with PW but I'm making assumptions based on comments on this forum.

So why does Warne watch it all and bring on Bradley and swap to a five to solve it? 😄

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

They follow his instructions, such as they are. 

Shared responsibility is not a thing. 

So when a player gets himself sent off for a reckless tackle, or the keeper drops it in his own net, it's still Warne's fault? Rubbish. Collective responsibility is and always has been a thing in football. 

4 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

It's all in the instructions. He should be telling them to cross the balls in too high, and to pick out their men in the box. Then our crosses would end up at the perfect height and would find our own players every time.

eh?

Do you mean he shouldn't be telling them to cross the balls in too high? Do you think he told them to cross the ball too high?

Just now, Tamworthram said:

eh?

Do you mean he shouldn't be telling them to cross the balls in too high? Do you think he told them to cross the ball too high?

I just mean that he should probably tell them to do the exact opposite of what he wants and he'll stand a better chance of actually getting what he wants.

43 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

Factually incorrect, but its still shocking.

42 minutes ago, Mihangel said:

Nope 

42 minutes ago, Andicis said:

That is not true, stop repeating things that are factually incorrect.

Ok apologies. I assumed Radio Derby knew their facts. When has it happened before?

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

So why does Warne watch it all and bring on Bradley and swap to a five to solve it? 😄

I have already said that was a bizarre substitution. But, do you think that one odd decision absolves the players from any poor performance during the preceding 85 minutes during which time the damage was done? 

Simple question for you: Do you honestly think the players should be completely free from any blame at all? If not, then I don't know what we're arguing about as that's all I suggested.

Edited by Tamworthram