Derby County Versus Wolverhampton Wanderers U21 - Match Day Thread ( EFL Trophy )

S8TY

9 minutes ago, oodledoodle said:

If it makes you feel any better, I had Esteban Fuertes back in the day.

And what about the name on your shirt?

EDIT - just read on and realised the jokes have already been made, once again late to the smutfest 😔 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

Just now, Srg said:

Weston has played 20 odd games of men’s football up in Scotland and is 2 years older. Quite a lot of difference at that age. 

Is that so? It shows to be honest. I liked him chasing the ball back down after losing it, shows that aggression you need in senior football. I felt Brown was doing too much standing around waiting for things it happen, rather than showing for the ball and making a nuisance of himself. He might still be the better prospect of the two, but he has to realise nobody will make things happen or do his work for him.

3 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

When you look at this Wolves team, only a few will go on to play league football. The rest will either slip into the lower leagues (5th division or below) or unfortunately retire early after falling out of love or not making enough money.

They are likely to be the worst team we have faced in the past 30+ years.

Can’t we just enjoy (in moderation of course) a comfortable win regardless of the opposition?

Just now, Tamworthram said:

Can’t we just enjoy (in moderation of course) a comfortable win regardless of the opposition?

Sure. I was just pointing out as an opinion that the Wolves kids could be the worst team we have faced in the past 30 years in an official game. It's no slight on them or us, just an observation given the unfortunate trajectory of most academy players.