January Reinforcements

sage

Just now, Curtains said:

Are you saying it’s now more likely we sign someone 

Got the impression from LC last night Gregory wasn't top target, now both DD and LC moaning about Wednesday. How is the nobody else out there?

25 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

If Blackburn sign that forward they're after, could Harry Leonard become available?He's rarely featured since they signed an Icelandic forward, so will have even less game time after today. He's scored 3 and assisted 2 in his 834 league minutes this season. Scored 10 and assisted 4 in his 15 U21 appearances last season too.

Similarly, Reyes Cleary could be on the way out of West Brom. He's out of contract at the end of the season, seemingly frozen out of the squad (due to not signing an extension). West Brom have also signed Callum Marshall, so there's no chance of Cleary getting minutes. 16 goals and 3 assists in his 12 U21 games last season and still only 19.

There are a few decent wingers from U21 sides with conrtacts expiring in the summer. I'd be tempted to get any of them in early if possible:
Amario Cozier-Duberry (Arsenal, RW, 18) - 7 goals and 2 assists in 13 U21 games
Charles Sagoe Jr (Arsenal, LW, 19) - 3 goals and 10 assists in 17 U21 games
Omari Forson (Man Utd, RW, 19) - 7 goals and 2 assists in 10 U21 games

Sagoe gone to Swansea on loan 

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I live in the hope that we had a list of players with all being options depending on our situation and how many choose to go elsewhere. I'd be gobsmacked if anyone in power at the club sat there and thought: "today is the day Sheff Weds decide to cave in and let us have one of their players on loan, after playing us for foolsall the other times we tried to get someone off them"..

If Gregory was our 4th choice target, we would have still been talking to them in case our 3 preferred options fell through. On days like today, you need to have every option on standby.

Understand that and hope LC and DD are playing with the fans. But starting to get a little nervous that nobody else is being linked.

28 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

If Blackburn sign that forward they're after, could Harry Leonard become available?He's rarely featured since they signed an Icelandic forward, so will have even less game time after today. He's scored 3 and assisted 2 in his 834 league minutes this season. Scored 10 and assisted 4 in his 15 U21 appearances last season too.

Similarly, Reyes Cleary could be on the way out of West Brom. He's out of contract at the end of the season, seemingly frozen out of the squad (due to not signing an extension). West Brom have also signed Callum Marshall, so there's no chance of Cleary getting minutes. 16 goals and 3 assists in his 12 U21 games last season and still only 19.

There are a few decent wingers from U21 sides with conrtacts expiring in the summer. I'd be tempted to get any of them in early if possible:
Amario Cozier-Duberry (Arsenal, RW, 18) - 7 goals and 2 assists in 13 U21 games
Charles Sagoe Jr (Arsenal, LW, 19) - 3 goals and 10 assists in 17 U21 games
Omari Forson (Man Utd, RW, 19) - 7 goals and 2 assists in 10 U21 games

Charles Sagoe Jr: Swansea City sign Arsenal forward on loan

Last updated on BBC

46 minutes ago

1 minute ago, TomTom92 said:

Got the impression from LC last night Gregory wasn't top target, now both DD and LC moaning about Wednesday. How is the nobody else out there?

The two things can be true. Gregory might not be the top target and Wednesday are a pain to deal with. It doesn’t automatically mean the club pinned all their hopes on Smith/Gregory.

There are plenty of footballers out there, no one had mentioned Adams until shortly before the club announced it, I’m happy to wait and see with time left in the window. 

1 minute ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

The two things can be true. Gregory might not be the top target and Wednesday are a pain to deal with. It doesn’t automatically mean the club pinned all their hopes on Smith/Gregory.

There are plenty of footballers out there, no one had mentioned Adams until shortly before the club announced it, I’m happy to wait and see with time left in the window. 

I agree and hope you're right. 

Just odd for DD and LC to make a big deal out of it if he wasn't the top target.

16 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

I agree and hope you're right. 

Just odd for DD and LC to make a big deal out of it if he wasn't the top target.

I’m not taking it as them making a big deal of it. Journalists close to Sheffield reported earlier that it’s not happening, now the local journos to Derby have said the same, I take it as them following the story up that’s already out there. 
Perhaps the bit about Wednesday being difficult to deal with is a bit much, but maybe they’re trying to make a point on the club’s behalf 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

2 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

I understand plan C is in operation 

Niall Ennis on loan to the end of the season 

Ward looking very likely to be leaving on loan 

Smith and Gregory - not coming - Wednesday apparently wanted 100% wages + 1m loan fee for smith - 50% + 150k for Gregory 

Ennis being plan C is strange… I rate him highly 

2 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

I understand plan C is in operation 

Niall Ennis on loan to the end of the season 

Ward looking very likely to be leaving on loan 

Smith and Gregory - not coming - Wednesday apparently wanted 100% wages + 1m loan fee for smith - 50% + 150k for Gregory 

I’d take that, although there’s 3 strikers you’ve named with 3 very different playing styles, so it’s interesting to see what approach we’re going to take.

Also, a £1mil loan fee for 4 months of 32 year old Michael Smith 😂😂😂😂