January Reinforcements

sage

3 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I wasn’t looking for an argument, I thought I was adding some insight and context to the conversation you were having. Apologies 

Maybe I misunderstood your comment. I am also not looking for an argument. Just fed up with the awful football served up by Warne and the excuses our manager comes out with. 👍

4 hours ago, dcfcjj said:

Apparently Dom pre match said that Sibley has had offers? 

Sadly is probably time to take some money for him. Sibley seems to go slightly backwards each season. Is obviously talented but just doesn’t seem to be able to find a position in our team. Under several managers now.

Still think best spell he’s had for us has been at left back. Thought he struggled there today though, defensively was awful

13 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

Sadly is probably time to take some money for him. Sibley seems to go slightly backwards each season. Is obviously talented but just doesn’t seem to be able to find a position in our team. Under several managers now.

Still think best spell he’s had for us has been at left back. Thought he struggled there today though, defensively was awful

Our central midfielders don’t look good because they are outnumbered and not allowed to do anything other than get it wide early 

5 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Our central midfielders don’t look good because they are outnumbered and not allowed to do anything other than get it wide early 

Is he a central midfielder? Genuinely not sure his best position. Plays well as a 10 but is so inconsistent, and when is poor is totally ineffective. 

Just now, Rich3478 said:

Is he a central midfielder? Genuinely not sure his best position. Plays well as a 10 but is so inconsistent, and when is poor is totally ineffective. 

Was much better when we played with a more rounded centre forward who could lay the ball off and look for the runners without having to stop still and control the football 

4 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Was much better when we played with a more rounded centre forward who could lay the ball off and look for the runners without having to stop still and control the football 

Why I believe we should have gone for Clarke-Harris.  Best hold up player and in the league 30 yards from goal now McGoldricks out of it.

5 hours ago, Rich3478 said:

Played inconsistently you mean. Sibs only consistent role has been as fullback. And despite Warne claiming he's one of the best shots at the Club he hardly ever gets a run (ie more than a game and a half!) in a forward slot. Another loss of potential and money like Knighty who was made to look poor by Warne. When Bird and Cashin go too how much in lost revenue will it have cost us I wonder.

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Played inconsistently you mean. Sibs only consistent role has been as fullback. And despite Warne claiming he's one of the best shots at the Club he hardly ever gets a run (ie more than a game and a half!) in a forward slot. Another loss of potential and money like Knighty who was made to look poor by Warne. When Bird and Cashin go too how much in lost revenue will it have cost us I wonder.

I get what you’re saying but some responsibility has to be falling on sibley at some point.

21 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

I get what you’re saying but some responsibility has to be falling on sibley at some point.

Yes but when the system being played means that for instance NML was preferred through the middle to a striker (TJJ last game) then it's pretty difficult. Whilst none of our Academy players are total youngsters they are still fairly inexperienced. It's as simple as, bar Cashin, they don't play how Warne wants so we will not see the best from Bird, Sibley or Tommo.

Edited by RoyMac5

If we can't even attract a half decent  loan from Man Utd with Mcclaren and Huddlestone there, then I genuinely believe the staff are delusional and have too much faith in this current crop or we simply cannot attract players for whatever reason.

One of the two.

Edited by Papahet

5 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Imagine being gazumped by Oxford 😆

Oh how the mighty fall 

Unfortunately, that’s the reality of where we are currently. People need to get a sense of proportion and get behind what we have currently. We have a chance of getting promoted and things improving financially but at this critical stage we need to show support, not be so highly critical towards the players, owner and staff.

9 minutes ago, On the Ram Page said:

Unfortunately, that’s the reality of where we are currently. People need to get a sense of proportion and get behind what we have currently. We have a chance of getting promoted and things improving financially but at this critical stage we need to show support, not be so highly critical towards the players, owner and staff.

That is what is being missed by many - many of the fans who are critical of Warne see that chance, and are frustrated and annoyed at the way he is potentially making our chance of promotion harder (or like last season impossible!)... that is what is mostly being discussed, not whether we support the team and Club.

1 hour ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Apologies if this has been mentioned. But did Warne say on the radio last night that we've put a loan bid in for a striker at a premier league club and were waiting on them singing a striker before they let him out?

If so, my money would be on Nathan Fraser at Wolves.

Wouldn’t you say we need abit more experience in a promotion fight? It’s a tough one because youth could help but at the same  time there’s a lot to put on his shoulders helping Collo out