January Reinforcements

sage

1 minute ago, plymouthram said:

It's all gone a bit quiet on CBT joining the Rams. Is it still on, he certainly won't figure in the Lincoln game now.

Was due a medical according to Radio last night.  Either it's Monday or maybe he's failed.  That would be a bugger.

18 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

It's all gone a bit quiet on CBT joining the Rams. Is it still on, he certainly won't figure in the Lincoln game now.

There was an image circulating on social media last night of him (with his face obscured) in a Rams shirt, it’s in the relevant transfer thread too. There’s another two blokes in the picture, one of whom goes by the name @flomsie on X/Twitter and Instagram, this flomsie bloke has been teasing the whole thing on his social media, shared images of driving into Moor Farm, the media room, the image I mentioned a moment ago and several tweets alluded to the deal being done. It COULD be that it’s fallen through, but I think it’s more likely that the club are holding off on the announcement, maybe until paperwork is signed off or the internal media work is done in editing his interview etc. 

We’ve got the distraction of the match at 3pm then hopefully we find out more about the transfer later.

3 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

There was an image circulating on social media last night of him (with his face obscured) in a Rams shirt, it’s in the relevant transfer thread too. There’s another two blokes in the picture, one of whom goes by the name @flomsie on X/Twitter and Instagram, this flomsie bloke has been teasing the whole thing on his social media, shared images of driving into Moor Farm, the media room, the image I mentioned a moment ago and several tweets alluded to the deal being done. It COULD be that it’s fallen through, but I think it’s more likely that the club are holding off on the announcement, maybe until paperwork is signed off or the internal media work is done in editing his interview etc. 

We’ve got the distraction of the match at 3pm then hopefully we find out more about the transfer later.

Derby are taking the “don’t count your chickens before they are hatched” approach. 

As one who remembers the Ian Storey Moore fiasco I think it’s very sensible👍🏻🐏🐏

9 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

Derby are taking the “don’t count your chickens before they are hatched” approach. 

As one who remembers the Ian Storey Moore fiasco I think it’s very sensible👍🏻🐏🐏

Was at the Baseball Ground for that, and when we introduced Lubos Kubik and Igor Knoflicek to the crowd. What great signings any of them would have been.

11 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Was at the Baseball Ground for that, and when we introduced Lubos Kubik and Igor Knoflicek to the crowd. What great signings any of them would have been.

Lubos Kubik and Igor Knoflicek were just Maxwell trying a ride roughshod over the football transfer regulations, it was a strange decision to introduce them to the crowd as new signings. 

2 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

Lubos Kubik and Igor Knoflicek were just Maxwell trying a ride roughshod over the football transfer regulations, it was a strange decision to introduce them to the crowd as new signings. 

It was presaging player power and the Bosman ruling that was to come. Derby County leading the way, just as we did with our shirt sponsorship with Saab, that wasn't allowed either. 

Warne a bit playful about the social media stuff with CBT at moor farm, said if people broke in or made fake backdrops we’ll notify the police.

Wouldn’t comment on specific players but said work is ongoing to recruit. Said offers are officially in for players and he feels optimistic and that he’s been backed.

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

Just now, Caerphilly Ram said:

Warne a bit playful about the social media stuff with CBT at moor farm, said if people broke in or made fake backdrops we’ll notify the police.

Wouldn’t comment on specific players but said work is ongoing to recruit. 

We all know he was there

3 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Wouldn’t comment on specific players but said work is ongoing to recruit. Said offers are officially in for players and he feels optimistic and that he’s been backed.

Think smith not being in Wednesday squad he might be on move soon 

17 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

You could be right

Got to be Smith, hasn't it? Got to be honest and say while I'd be very happy with CBT and Smith, I'd love to see us bring in a box to box type to shore up midfield and link our play. I'd say a CDM to be honest,  but I don't think Warney values that role. 

Sometimes a young player will get onto the field, play without fear and announce their arrival as a new star in the making. It is difficult for Warne because the brief is promotion, we are close to the top of the league and he takes a safety-first approach to team selection. But before we splurge lots of money on reinforcements (probably some 32 year old forward like Michael Smith) to try to get us over the line, I would love us to have thrown Dajaune Brown, Darren Robinson and Tony Weston into the mix. Give them a chance to show they can be the person we need. How are they ever going to be able to prove themselves ready if they don't play?

11 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Sometimes a young player will get onto the field, play without fear and announce their arrival as a new star in the making. It is difficult for Warne because the brief is promotion, we are close to the top of the league and he takes a safety-first approach to team selection. But before we splurge lots of money on reinforcements (probably some 32 year old forward like Michael Smith) to try to get us over the line, I would love us to have thrown Dajaune Brown, Darren Robinson and Tony Weston into the mix. Give them a chance to show they can be the person we need. How are they ever going to be able to prove themselves ready if they don't play?

He gave an interview the other day saying Brown and Weston have loan interest from National League sides and he expects Brown will go on loan this month. If that happens it makes sense to me, Brown gets to play senior football without the pressure of being here, we loan a tried and tested senior pro until the end of the season to boost our promotion push, then next season Brown can be further integrated having proved himself on loan

13 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

How are they ever going to be able to prove themselves ready if they don't play?

I take your point...

But how many times do we say 'The coaching staff see him in training every day' etc?

It's true, so maybe they aren't seeing enough to think he's got what it takes to make that step up?

Just now, Caerphilly Ram said:

Is Blackett-Taylor the pace? Smith to play the same role as Collins, alternatively, then NML and Blackett-Taylor offer pace alongside that central striker. 

From his pre match presser and post match today he was going on about pace upfront as in striker