"Pizza Cup" no more.

May Contain Nuts

https://www.efl.com/news/2023/november/02/bristol-street-motors-drives-efl-trophy-into-new-era/

Bristol Street Motors drives EFL Trophy into new era

The EFL Trophy will now be known as the Bristol Street Motors Trophy with immediate effect after the League agreed a three-year deal with the award-winning national automotive brand. 

As well as being the title-sponsor of the competition until the end of the 2025/26 season, Bristol Street Motors – part of the wider Vertu Motors group – will also become the Official Car Dealer of the EFL.

Any suggestions for a new nickname for it?

1 hour ago, 1977 Ram Raider said:

Why does it have to be sponsored? EFL trophy sounds perfectly fine to me.

Ducked if I know!  🤷‍♂️

It seems to be a trend, and I'd imagine it's for similar reasons that our shirts are sponsored... and the stands within our stadium... and many football stadiums are sponsored... and every other football competition is sponsored... and those kids who play on The Racecourse of a Sunday morn also have sponsored shirts... and our substitutions... and the added time... etc... etc...

... But I'm damned if I can work out why!  👀

Edited by Mucker1884

1 minute ago, Mucker1884 said:

I'm no expert, but I'd imagine it's for similar reasons that our shirts are sponsored... and the stands within our stadium... and many football stadiums are sponsored... and every other football competition is sponsored... and those kids who play on The Racecourse of a Sunday morn also have sponsored shirts... and our substitutions... and the added time... 

yeah, but apart from all that, why?