Derby County vs Stevenage (A) Match Thread

Idiakez

HT

Not easy to deal with these types of sides but we always struggle against them and look underprepared.

Our goal aside we’ve been very poor!

Changes needed. Washington not really good enough for the role he’s playing, but the alternative is Collins, which isn’t really a good change and I don’t think we have Brown on the bench.

Probably bring Fornah on and try to get the midfield operating properly to allow Bird, Sibs and Hourihane more freedom to affect the game higher up the pitch

Can’t see us getting back in to this. We just can’t play against well organised physical sides. 

As soon as we press they hit it long and win the header. Then even if we win it back they make us hit it long for Washington to lose. Then they’ll play for free kicks, corners and throw ins around our box. 

Game over.

2 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Once more I sit in hope that Warne will recognise how poor we’ve been and do something proactive to address it at half time.

Needs either some subs, or a change in shape, or both, served with a side of a proper b0ll0cking. 

“Not far away from being a good performance. Just need better decisions in the final third” 

I’ll lose my head.

2 minutes ago, Ian Buxton's Bat said:

Similar to last week.

Ref has been awful and given 2 free kicks for nothing that’s led to their goals but hard to claim it as an excuse when we’ve been so so so poor with no attempt to play football.

Yes there have been a couple of occasions where Cashin has fouled one of their players/or handball and the ref has let it play on because he's already booked. So swings and roundabouts. The defence for the free-kicks has been very poor.