Derby County vs Exeter City (H) Match Thread

Idiakez

5 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Well I reckon PW is made of sterner stuff and probably believes he can turn it around. Also, whilst we're off the pace and nowhere near where we want to be we're not on a losing streak, we're not in the relegation zone (yet) and it's not slit your wrists time. 

I would repeat, when have you ever known any manager quit under these circumstances for the reasons you list?

I think he's emotionally and generally intelligent enough to know that a mutual exit with a good word from his current employers is plenty enough to keep his reputation intact and put him in good stead to quickly get another job that suits him more where he can be a hero again.

Thought Miggins made an excellent post 

Edited by Kokosnuss

28 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

The suggestion made by @Carnero and yourself makes sense too with Sibley and NML as the two “10s” behind Waghorn as that’s something Warne has done before towards the end of last season and in pre season too right?

I can't remember if it was two 10's, or NML in there rotating with the McG. I remember NML mostly struggled with it, in the few games we tried it. 

Hopefully it works better tonight, if that's how we play. 

1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

Well I reckon PW is made of sterner stuff and probably believes he can turn it around. Also, whilst we're off the pace and nowhere near where we want to be we're not on a losing streak, we're not in the relegation zone (yet) and it's not slit your wrists time. 

I would repeat, when have you ever known any manager quit under these circumstances for the reasons you list?

Sorry, Tamworthram,  I don't have an extensive knowledge of facts and figures and I have no knowledge of any football manager who has quit under the circumstances I have listed. I'm not sure why I should have.

I like Paul Warne and I am desperate for him to succeed in making this team successful this season. We have a great team of individuals and whilst I am far from slitting my wrists I am concerned about recent performances and results as I think most of us are.

Lets hope PW and the team can turn things round and that we win tonight!!

COYR!!  🐏