RIP Sir Bobby

For anyone too young to remember the man, Talksport just listed his main honours:

3x First Division

'62/63 FA Cup

'65/66 Footballer of the Year

1966 World Cup

1966 World Cup Golden Ball

1966 Ballon d'Or

'67/68 European Cup

English Football Hall of Fame

Knighted in 1994

A wonderful player and humble man - RIP Sir Bobby....

When you’re young there are certain games which stand out…..this one was right up there.

Watney Cup Final       Derby County v Manchester United 

Baseball Ground     8th August 1970      attendance 32,049

The Manchester United side which faced Derby included World Cup winners (Bobby Charlton and Nobby Stiles), European Footballer of the Year winners (Bobby Charlton, Denis Law and George Best) and the squad who were the first English European Cup winners just over 12 months earlier.

It was a privilege to watch players who are still legends of the game come to the old Baseball Ground.

Thanks Sir Bobby for these great memories………..may you rest in peace.

Edited by Old Spalding Ram

Met him many years ago and when I told him I supported the Rams he was very complimentary about Jim Smith and said he should have been involved with the England team in some coaching capacity. A one off and I hope there is a minutes applause tomorrow night. Greatest ever English player.

12 hours ago, Poynton ram said:

Met him many years ago and when I told him I supported the Rams he was very complimentary about Jim Smith and said he should have been involved with the England team in some coaching capacity. A one off and I hope there is a minutes applause tomorrow night. Greatest ever English player.

Isn't it our first home game since Franny passed away as well?