Why are we so grumpy

FindernRam

For me, it's because we still have people on this forum that are still trying to claim that a Jaffa Cake is not a biscuit, refusing to acknowledge they are only "cakes" for the tax man. 

Every morning I come on this forum, knowing they are amongst us, really does set me off on a bad footing for the day.

So many people are falling into the same trap as I did by arguing with a troll. This is the same person who said:

"It WILL take time to get back to glory days, (albeit I am of the opinion that our great clubs glory days at best would be a club challenging at the top end of the Championship)"

That's right. This particular poster thinks that's the best we can ever hope for.

6 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

So many people are falling into the same trap as I did by arguing with a troll. This is the same person who said:

"It WILL take time to get back to glory days, (albeit I am of the opinion that our great clubs glory days at best would be a club challenging at the top end of the Championship)"

That's right. This particular poster thinks that's the best we can ever hope for.

I said that and I stick by it.

What is wrong with that opinion?

Every club has to be realistic in their expectations, and I don't think it is realistic to expect DCFC to reach the Premier League. That is my opinion. It doesn't make me a troll and for that remark, I have reported your post as I regard that as a personal insult.

Edited by CongletonRam

11 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Hadn't seen that one amongst the other crap. Looking increasingly like something with a trial that goes woof.

1280px-Can_Setter_dog_GFDL.jpg

31 minutes ago, CongletonRam said:

I said that and I stick by it.

What is wrong with that opinion?

Every club has to be realistic in their expectations, and I don't think it is realistic to expect DCFC to reach the Premier League. That is my opinion. It doesn't make me a troll and for that remark, I have reported your post as I regard that as a personal insult.

In a world where Luton have done it this statement is absolutely bonkers.

4 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

If my neighbor won the pools, it doesn't mean that it's realistic to expect it to happen to me.

It's becoming more and more difficult to reach the Premier League. As things stand, we are a million miles away from it even being a consideration. Granted, there are fairy-tales and that is what Luton Town are.

One if the problems that I see with many of the fans is unrealistic expectations. This season, pressure is being placed by a minority of fans who feel that we should be challenging in the top 2. Now while there is no reason we shouldn't, there is no reason, with the current squad, that we should. A top 2 place would be great, but IMO we shouldn't be berating the management for not sitting in those automatic places.

Edited by CongletonRam

4 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I think @CongletonRam means that Derby's natural standing in the game isn't PL level so we shouldn't be upset to not be in there.

If my assumption is right i get what he's saying, we've been in the PL once in the last 20 seasons and we all know about that shambles. Unfortunately most other historically big clubs have seemed to get to the PL in recent years. I'd say its only really us and Wednesday, maybe Ipswich that have been wading through swamp water for far too long. 

However Luton does show that any club can make it and assuming we do get back to the championship (not an unrealistic expectation IMO) then we have as much right as the other 23 teams to dream of making it.

6 minutes ago, CongletonRam said:

If my neighbor won the pools, it doesn't mean that it's realistic to expect it to happen to me.

It's becoming more and more difficult to reach the Premier League. As things stand, we are a million miles away from it even being a consideration. Granted, there are fairy-tales and that is what Luton Town are.

One if the problems that I see with many of the fans is unrealistic expectations. This season, pressure is being placed by a minority of fans who feel that we should be challenging in the top 2. Now while there is no reason we shouldn't, there is no reason, with the current squad, that we should. A top 2 place would be great, but IMO we shouldn't be berating the management for not sitting in those automatic places.

The real question is why we haven't been able to recruit for a squad that is a serious contender for top 2.

Feels like an opportunity missed, but its ok because we're an open and honest club nowadays with a nice manager.

3 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

The real question is why we haven't been able to recruit for a squad that is a serious contender for top 2.

Feels like an opportunity missed, but its ok because we're an open and honest club nowadays with a nice manager.

I think PW was frustrated in the transfer market. He made it clear he wanted a striker and that wasn't forthcoming albeit we ended up bringing in Waggy.

19 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I also think that is a little like a Bournemouth or a Palace fan berating others who are saying that they cannot realistically win the Premiership citing the fact that Leicester won it against the odds.

Luton going up was a one off. I don't think it is right to judge expectation by one offs. It in not fair on the management.