Why are we so grumpy

FindernRam

9 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

You mean just because I totally disagree with your assessment of the clubs potential status? 

If we aren't promoted this season we will be at a point in the Clubs history that it has never been at before. You do know that we have done most of the rest before, except maybe transfer embargo?

We have NEVER spent three consecutive seasons in League 1 before. Therefore we would be at the lowest point in the Clubs history. Which bit don't you get?

Forget the clubs history, the lowest points total was ANY clubs history.

I hear it mentioned in one form or another on an almost weekly basis and it happened donkeys years ago.

If Derby failed to achieve promotion, no big deal. There's always next season. It would hardly send shock waves among the footballing fraternity like that 11 points total most certainly did.

12 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

We have NEVER spent three consecutive seasons in League 1 before.

So what. Hardly a big stat is it. I didn't know the stat, and I dare to say that most Rams fans wouldn't be aware of it either. It's one of those useless stats that people don't really care about.

5 minutes ago, CongletonRam said:

So what. Hardly a big stat is it. I didn't know the stat, and I dare to say that most Rams fans wouldn't be aware of it either. It's one of those useless stats that people don't really care about.

In my opinion it’s a massive stat, but maybe that doesn’t count as you have appointed yourself as spokesperson for the entire Derby County fan base. Humour me and explain why spending the 2024/5 season in League 1 will be acceptable ?
Can you also reveal your first Derby game ? We know all about your entrepreneurial history but not your Derby County background?
Cheers mate😂

1 minute ago, hintonsboots said:

In my opinion it’s a massive stat, but maybe that doesn’t count as you have appointed yourself as spokesperson for the entire Derby County fan base. Humour me and explain why spending the 2024/5 season in League 1 will be acceptable ?
Can you also reveal your first Derby game ? We know all about your entrepreneurial history but not your Derby County background?
Cheers mate😂

You see this is the problem with this forum. Folks attacking one another.

So it seems you are actually asking me to justify my existence on this forum. Why?

Bloody entitled fans, are they the problem?! 😄

"We've set out to create a philosophy that will continue throughout the ages. We are going to be the standard bearers for great football, because that is what our supporters demand, and is exactly what they deserve..."

....said Skelmersdale United chairman Frank Hughes!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67116874

Edited by RoyMac5

So it starts; Yeah ok, we all like to make fun of Tottenham, but there are some REALLY bad teams out there… Derby, San Marino and a little team in Brazil are some of the WORST teams in HISTORY!

If we fail to get promotion this season, will the footballing world sit up and go OMG, Derby County have spent 3 SEASONS in League One?

No, of course not. Aside from a few disgruntled Derby fans, nobody would care. It wouldn't be written about and IMO, even most Rams fans would have forgotten about it the following season.

But being labelled as 'the WORST team in football history'....now that really is a monkey on your back that will simply never go away.

Granted, it's all about opinion, but I do find it surprising that some fans are getting their pants wet over the prospect of another season in League One as it will bring another unwanted stat.

2 hours ago, CongletonRam said:

I'm aware mate.  When time spent in this league has been so limited over 140 years, it has neon lights on.

2 hours ago, CongletonRam said:

Forget the clubs history, the lowest points total was ANY clubs history.

I hear it mentioned in one form or another on an almost weekly basis and it happened donkeys years ago.

If Derby failed to achieve promotion, no big deal. There's always next season. It would hardly send shock waves among the footballing fraternity like that 11 points total most certainly did.

The lowest points total was 8.  Loughborough and Doncaster, both in Division 2.  Even with 3 points for a win Doncaster would have only matched Derbys 11.  The also have the record of 34 for most defeats in a season at a later date.

Just now, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

The lowest points total was 8.  Loughborough and Doncaster, both in Division 2.  Even with 3 points for a win Doncaster would have only matched Derbys 11.  The also have the record of 34 for most defeats in a season at a later date.

You ask any fans which team has the lowest points total and the answer would be Derby.

Nobody really cares for lower league football bar those fans supporting those teams.

Derby County Football Club are the worst club team in footballing history and quite rightly, the standing joke for all of the footballing fraternity. That is one record that we have to live with.

It seems however that some are more bothered about losing face over the possibility of not getting promoted this season.

1 minute ago, CongletonRam said:

You ask any fans which team has the lowest points total and the answer would be Derby.

Nobody really cares for lower league football bar those fans supporting those teams.

Derby County Football Club are the worst club team in footballing history and quite rightly, the standing joke for all of the footballing fraternity. That is one record that we have to live with.

It seems however that some are more bothered about losing face over the possibility of not getting promoted this season.

They're not though are they.  As I've just shown.

I couldn't give a s*** what other fans say, they'd be wrong as I'd advise them. 

1 minute ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

They're not though are they.  As I've just shown.

I couldn't give a s*** what other fans say, they'd be wrong as I'd advise them. 

Which bit are they wrong about?

Derby being the worst team in history, or Derby being footballs standing joke?

2 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Well that would both.  There not the worst team, so can't be a standing joke 

The Premier League is the most watched sports league in the world.

Derby County are the worst team in the most watched league in the world, therefore making them the worst team in history in their eyes.

I've lived over the other side of the world for 25 years, and football really doesn't exist outside of the Premier League.

You can take your Loughborough and Doncaster, but nobody really cares. They are non existent.

You go to any country in the world and are asked who you support and say Derby County, and they will likely reply with a jibe about their pathetic record in that 2007/2008 season.

2 minutes ago, CongletonRam said:

The Premier League is the most watched sports league in the world.

Derby County are the worst team in the most watched league in the world, therefore making them the worst team in history in their eyes.

I've lived over the other side of the world for 25 years, and football really doesn't exist outside of the Premier League.

You can take your Loughborough and Doncaster, but nobody really cares. They are non existent.

You go to any country in the world and are asked who you support and say Derby County, and they will likely reply with a jibe about their pathetic record in that 2007/2008 season.

Whether people care on not is irrelevant for the purpose of this argument.  They'd be wrong. Doncaster certainly exist.  I've seen them play.

I'd assume all these people on the other side of the world have also seen the Jim Smith side which ripped Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool a new one on a pretty regular basis.  3 in a row against Liverpool if memory serves, so I doubt one dog s*** singular season is their only abiding memory of Derby County.