Why are we so grumpy

FindernRam

2 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I doubt one dog s*** singular season is their only abiding memory of Derby County.

Trust me, it really is. People remember the big winners, and certainly the most unwanted record.

It's still regularly mentioned by British commentators in Premier League games. It's a monkey on our backs that will simply never go away.

Ask yourself why on this very forum there is a new thread almost every season made discussing the hope that a team will actually break that unwanted record.

7 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Whether people care on not is irrelevant for the purpose of this argument.  They'd be wrong. Doncaster certainly exist.  I've seen them play.

I'd assume all these people on the other side of the world have also seen the Jim Smith side which ripped Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool a new one on a pretty regular basis.  3 in a row against Liverpool if memory serves, so I doubt one dog s*** singular season is their only abiding memory of Derby County.

Depends on age I remember when I was in Greece a few middle age guys us from when we were actually a good side . Under 30s will not know us or know us because of Rooney or how s**** we were in that season.

I am going to be working in Vietnam soon for a year and my last Derby game before going will be Shrewsbury on Saturday, doubt many Vietnamese or Asian people will know much about Derby.An Italian kid when I was teaching in Italy did know of us but only because of Rooney, the young kids in Italy are starting to talk about Man City now, talking to the kids abroad you can see how trends change.

Edited by Marriot Ram99

Just now, CongletonRam said:

People remember the big winners, and certainly the most unwanted record.

It's still regularly mentioned by British commentators in Premier League games. It's a monkey on our backs that will simply never go away.

Ask yourself why on this very forum there is a new thread almost every season made discussing the hope that a team will actually break that unwanted record.

9 minutes ago, CongletonRam said:

The Premier League is the most watched sports league in the world.

Derby County are the worst team in the most watched league in the world, therefore making them the worst team in history in their eyes.

I've lived over the other side of the world for 25 years, and football really doesn't exist outside of the Premier League.

You can take your Loughborough and Doncaster, but nobody really cares. They are non existent.

You go to any country in the world and are asked who you support and say Derby County, and they will likely reply with a jibe about their pathetic record in that 2007/2008 season.

Daughter met a Brazilian bloke the other day. Las Palmeiras fan. Asked who my daughter supports, and she said Derby.

Oh yes, he replied..they hate Nottingham Forest. Nothing about 11 points.

3 minutes ago, CongletonRam said:

Trust me, it really is. People remember the big winners, and certainly the most unwanted record.

What do Derby fans remember? What do Derby fans care about? Who gives a s*** what other teams fans think? Plus I think you exaggerate, why does it bother you so much that we have the record for worst points by a Premier League team - we were there. Why do football teams keep playing, shouldn't they be frightened about not winning?!

I'm a Derby fan and I care about our history. If we don't go up this season we will set a new (unwanted) record of 3 consecutive seasons in the third tier. Our lowest ever run.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

What do Derby fans remember? What do Derby fans care about? Who gives a s*** what other teams fans think? Plus I think you exaggerate, why does it bother you so much that we have the record for worst points by a Premier League team - we were there. Why do football teams keep playing, shouldn't they be frightened about not winning?!

I'm a Derby fan and I care about our history. If we don't go up this season we will set a new (unwanted) record of 3 consecutive seasons in the third tier. Our lowest ever run.

Why does that 11 point haul get so much chat on here?

Oh, that must be because no one cares.

1 minute ago, CongletonRam said:

That's human nature.  Nobody wants a divisional worst record.  However historically, it is not the worst team record.  Historically wise, Derby are one of 19 clubs too have won 2 more more titles and are 13th most successful if you include runner up positions.

Derby are the 13th best team over 140 years of the English league who had one really bad season which broke no records for the lowest point total overall.

Guess I can live with that.

15 minutes ago, Marriot Ram99 said:

Depends on age I remember when I was in Greece a few middle age guys us from when we were actually a good side . Under 30s will not know us or know us because of Rooney or how s**** we were in that season.

I am going to be working in Vietnam soon for a year and my last Derby game before going will be Shrewsbury on Saturday, doubt many Vietnamese or Asian people will know much about Derby.An Italian kid when I was teaching in Italy did know of us but only because of Rooney, the young kids in Italy are starting to talk about Man City now, talking to the kids abroad you can see how trends change.

I blame Blackburn for this. 

2 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

No it doesn't.  Your argument was Derby are the worst team in history and I've shown that to be historically b*******.  

And I have backed my argument up by saying that in the footballing climate in which we live; nobody really cares about lower league football. It's all about the Premier League of which historically; DCFC are the worst team in history making them the laughing stock up and down the country and further afield.

24 minutes ago, CongletonRam said:

Why does that 11 point haul get so much chat on here?

Oh, that must be because no one cares.

Sky don’t help . The other week they put up their “ League of Shame “. With us at the top . They have to fill 24 hrs a day entertainment, but I think they were trying to frighten Luton , Burnley and Shef Utd.

1 minute ago, CongletonRam said:

And I have backed my argument up by saying that in the footballing climate in which we live; nobody really cares about lower league football. It's all about the Premier League of which historically; DCFC are the worst team in history making them the laughing stock up and down the country and further afield.

You really don't like losing an argument do you but you are embarrassing yourself now. I have strong suspicions your a Forest WUM the way your grasping at straws.  I'll leave you to it and the rest to take a bite out your continually stretched hypothesis. 

4 hours ago, CongletonRam said:

The Premier League is the most watched sports league in the world.

Derby County are the worst team in the most watched league in the world, therefore making them the worst team in history in their eyes.

I've lived over the other side of the world for 25 years, and football really doesn't exist outside of the Premier League.

You can take your Loughborough and Doncaster, but nobody really cares. They are non existent.

You go to any country in the world and are asked who you support and say Derby County, and they will likely reply with a jibe about their pathetic record in that 2007/2008 season.

Why are you judging  one season and points accrued that year? There are teams with a far worse historical Premier league win %, for example, than DCFC.