Derby v Cheltenham (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

3 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

Yrah but Washington hasn’t spent most of his career on the bench for  a team that desperately needs a goalscorer.

I dont know, haven't really followed Washingtons career, just posting raw stats.

Is Sibley a goalscorer? His career stats wouldn't seem to indicate he is.

10 career goals with 3 of them coming in his second senior start.

So 7 goals in the subsequent 108 appearances.

8 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

A dynamic 54 of those coming in the United Counties League for St Ives and the remaining 76 over as little as 15 seasons, Two at Conference and League 2 level.

Astounding.

Compared to Sibleys astounding 10 goals in 4 seasons?

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

I dont know, haven't really followed Washingtons career, just posting raw stats.

Is Sibley a goalscorer? His career stats wouldn't seem to indicate he is.

10 career goals with 3 of them coming in his second senior start.

So 7 goals in the subsequent 108 appearances.

How many of those are in midfield, let alone attacking midfield? Very few. 

7 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

We will be 7 points behind them if we win our game in hand.

We'd be closer to them already if we hadn't contrived to let in a goal to lose an 86th minute lead (from an incorrectly awarded penalty) against the only team in the league to have failed to score against Cheltenham this season.

1 minute ago, Srg said:

How many of those are in midfield, let alone attacking midfield? Very few. 

No idea, dont really keep a note.

Point the poster was making was when we need a goal Warne should bring Sibley on ahead of Washington, just trying to look for what logic proves that this is a given.

I cant see much.

I guess Sibley does seem to make more effect coming off the bench.

2 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

We'd be closer to them already if we hadn't contrived to let in a goal to lose an 86th minute lead (from an incorrectly awarded penalty) against the only team in the league to have failed to score against Cheltenham this season.

Maybe even closer if we hadnt had an incorrect penalty and sending off against Bolton.

1 hour ago, oodledoodle said:

Radio Derby asking him difficult questions. He can't justify not bringing Sibley on. His answer was "we had loads of unused subs, I could have bought Sonny on for a set piece".

I didn’t hear this interview but if he’s talking about bringing Bradley on we really have got problems - a very poor signing 

5 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

No idea, dont really keep a note.

Point the poster was making was when we need a goal Warne should bring Sibley on ahead of Washington, just trying to look for what logic proves that this is a given.

I cant see much.

I guess Sibley does seem to make more effect coming off the bench.

If you were the manager today, would you have subbed on Sibley or Washington?

Nothing is a given, but seeing as we were crying out for someone with the ability to receive the ball centrally, outside the box with the ability to pull off a wonder strike it's odd to bring in a striker who relies on getting in behind a defence or to get on the end of crosses to get his goals instead, even though we already have a player on the pitch who's job that is.

It's what we often do under Warne - keep trying the same thing over and over and over and if it doesn't work, do it again.

Edited by Kokosnuss

31 minutes ago, The Key Club King said:

Waghorn may be marginally better but I don't think he's a good footballer. He has some excellent qualities such as striking a dead ball but as with all our forward players (except Barkhuizen) I wouldn't trust them to control the ball under pressure, turn on the ball and play a pass into space for someone. Having said that, I suspect paul Warne has banned even attempting anything but crossing the ball from absolutely anywhere and flinging a head at it. 

Waggy's first touch leaves a lot to be desired. We're not getting the best out of him at the moment, regardless.

15 minutes ago, Ken said:

This was always going to be a tricky game.

A team who could not get any worse were at some point going to come alive and start playing for their new manager.

We are a fragile team, we can do well but we always give the opponents a chance.

We didn't replace the goals of David McGoldrick with a like for like forward which means we are unlikely to outscore teams often.

The squad we have this season is a mid table team unless we can add one or two quality players.

If this is a midtable squad then Warne is currently overachieving.

No way are either of those statements true. Not in a million years.

This league is gash. 

Wednesday who hit over 90 points last season can’t buy a win in the Championship while Plymouth are beginning to see the gulf.

1 hour ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Yes melodrama. It’s 2 points dropped, not 3. We dominated the game, gifted them a goal, and couldn’t take the chances against a motivated team playing under a new manager. Is it a poor performance? Yeah I guess so. Is it poor enough to sack the manager when we’re just outside the playoffs and on an unbeaten run of results. No

Oh, and the team who are in first place also drew with lowly Cheltenham, only they did it at home.

It’s not the position it’s not the ok run of being undefeated it’s the performances that are dreadful before todays performance I believe in our last 4 games we have had 10 shots on target in 360 mins of football (2 of which are penalties) so 2 shots on target per game from open play we set up with 6-8 defensive minded players slow and pedestrian football with some passing that reminds me of keystone cop mentality but also a lack of general get up and go too many times Warne declares we didn’t come out in one half or another and do enough …. Players really struggling for consistency can’t believe they actually practice …. this is the most uninterested I’ve been in all my time supporting this great club and it just really hurts seeing just how far we’ve fallen 

Light at the end of the tunnel maybe but in all honesty right now I just can’t bring myself to giving a f*** … between Cocu Rooney Rosenior and now Warne it’s really been a truly lacklustre time for the Rams 

Is Guardiola in the mood for slumming it …. Giving himself a real challenge 

23 minutes ago, sage said:

My mate who was at the game says the fans reaction to the players after the game was vitriolic. Lots of abuse for players and Warne. Not from everyone but from a large section.

He was quite shocked.

Can any forum members actually at the game verify this?

2 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

You're the manager, you decide who either comes on for. Would you have brought on Sibley or Washington?

If I thought we were in need of a goalscorer because we were creating chances but not converting them then Id bring Washington on.

If I thought we were not creating chances then I'd bring Sibley on.