Just desserts!

angieram

Nothing will give me greater pleasure today than finding out that this man has lost his job, will get a football banning order and will soon be sentenced after pleading guilty.

It's about time more people realise that actions have consequences. 

At the same time, massive kudos to the regular Sheffield Wednesday supporters who have now raised over £18,000 for the Bradley Lowery Foundation after being appalled by the idiotic behaviour of one fan. 

(I thought there was already a thread about this but can't find it.)

There's nothing as funny as an 18 month old being diagnosed with cancer and then losing his battle

Just banter innit lads. Just a wind up. It's only a kid dying to cancer. 

I reckon now they should have a little tour around Great Ormond St hospital with a guide insisting they laugh all the way. You know, it's just banter. Why you stopped laughing, gents? C'mon, this is comedy gold. LadsLadsLads banter. Oi oi

They are idiots, morons, whatever insult you want to throw at them. I'm just not sure it should be a Police matter either, as with that United fan that wore the Hillsborough t shirt.

Stadium bans would suffice, along with the inevitable loss of job and public shame.

To hear the judge say all sentencing options are open, including custodial feels a bit OTT.

Make no mistake, they are sick and twisted individuals and I do not condone their actions, just think the prisons should be housing the more dangerous criminals that plague our society.

42 minutes ago, Srg said:

Ban him, make an example of him, lose his job... all the rest of it.

But this shouldn't be a police matter.

Alternatively, should someone lose their job for something they have done outside of work that isn't a police matter. 

5 minutes ago, sage said:

Alternatively, should someone lose their job for something they have done outside of work that isn't a police matter. 

If it brings their employer into disrepute or causes reputational harm, yes IMO

4 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

If it brings their employer into disrepute or causes reputational harm, yes IMO

Who is the employer? Does anyone know? I'm not defending the person obviously, but i'm sure many people do worse things and keep their job, it's just not in the media.  

20 minutes ago, sage said:

Depends on the company really, but if it's high profile enough then yes. Company reputation etc is enough of a reason for dismissal. The fact this is in the media, obviously, leads to this. People get away with things that should get them sacked all the time, doesn't make that right either.

4 minutes ago, Srg said:

Depends on the company really, but if it's high profile enough then yes. Company reputation etc is enough of a reason for dismissal. The fact this is in the media, obviously, leads to this. People get away with things that should get them sacked all the time, doesn't make that right either.

Tbf the fact that his defence was he was coked up wouldn't help him keep his job. 

1 hour ago, Srg said:

Ban him, make an example of him, lose his job... all the rest of it.

But this shouldn't be a police matter.

Didn’t his brother, the bloke stood next to him, also get arrested?

From the limited evidence on social media, all he did was stand next to his brother laughing. A deplorable human being, no doubt, but how is that illegal?

It seems like a pandering to the outcry on social media. The impact on their lives from the online exposure will be far greater than any punishment from what is a fairly low level offence.

It was a numpty thing to do, but we've all done very silly things after some beers (which were obviously involved). Two weeks ago someone was videoed threatening to cut someone's throat in the away end of a match. I just don't get these Stone Island Clowns who stand and goad the away fans when they have chance at all of anything coming from it. At least the old 'firms' used to meet up and thump each other. You may as well go to the zoo and shout at the lions.

As for the lads involved, I guess they've seen the (significant) error of their ways but I'm totally with @David, our prisons have more important matters to consider.

53 minutes ago, sage said:

I agree but I think this person was a fitter so might actually just be a 'sub'. His employer likely has seen it and decided they don't want that sort of person working for them. I guess that's OK but if I was fired for something I did outside of work, that didn't impact my ability to do my job, I'd be taking legal advise right away.

43 minutes ago, Srg said:

It happens...and has happened...reputational damage is not a good look for those who care for their company, A weekend with a sign round his neck in a public place saying what a dick he is will do for me 👍, Being shown up in public for what he is.

From a firm of Solicitors

Employees' activities outside work - including those resulting in criminal offences - are not grounds for dismissal unless they affect employees' ability to do their job, which could be because they affect relations with their colleagues, suppliers or customers or bring the business into disrepute.

Edited by The Last Post

11 minutes ago, The Last Post said:

It happens...and has happened...reputational damage is not a good look for those who care for their company, A weekend with a sign round his neck in a public place saying what a dick he is will do for me 👍, Being shown up in public for what he is.

From a firm of Solicitors

Employees' activities outside work - including those resulting in criminal offences - are not grounds for dismissal unless they affect employees' ability to do their job, which could be because they affect relations with their colleagues, suppliers or customers or bring the business into disrepute.

Something something Richard Keogh

Bundled out the back door (of the court), and into a waiting car to be whisked away.
Kicked off his local footy and cricket teams, by all accounts.
Told he's "not welcome" in the village boozers, and will likely be "officially barred" anytime soon.

... And even a FORMER employer (of > 3 years ago) has got in on the act, with their website homepage announcement...

https://www.jri-ltd.com/

#abitofashitweekhe'shaving

16 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Bundled out the back door (of the court), and into a waiting car to be whisked away.
Kicked off his local footy and cricket teams, by all accounts.
Told he's "not welcome" in the village boozers, and will likely be "officially barred" anytime soon.

... And even a FORMER employer (of > 3 years ago) has got in on the act, with their website homepage announcement...

https://www.jri-ltd.com/

#abitofashitweekhe'shaving

Guessing some fans got hold of his employment history and been contacting his former employers reading that statement. 

He lives in Rotherham doesn't he? Great chance to shave his head and move to somewhere fresh.