Deadline Day what would you like to happen

S8TY

1 hour ago, TINMANTED said:

A striker is a must,to not bring in a proven goal scorer will be a big mistake, waghorn will not be able to continue in the form he is in,Collins is a no go,and Washington has yet to show what he is capable of.a decent striker and top two is in reach

Don’t underestimate TJ-J. If he stays fit, we could have quite a signing.

Just now, Jimbo Ram said:

What are his main strengths from the games you have seen Smog 😊

Going on the word of a mate I trust who’s seen him play. 
He’s definitely got something about him and is rated at Arsenal.

It’s just his injuries which have held him back.

2 minutes ago, oodledoodle said:

Bet you're still refreshing twitter with the rest of us though.

Not at all, deactivated my Twitter account the other week so no longer have access and been at work all day. 

Just come on to catch up out of interest as I'd like to know what's going on obviously, for me though a contract renewal for Bird and Cashin would be huge.

14 minutes ago, David said:

Not at all, deactivated my Twitter account the other week so no longer have access and been at work all day. 

Just come on to catch up out of interest as I'd like to know what's going on obviously, for me though a contract renewal for Bird and Cashin would be huge.

Our current squad is thread bare and doesn't have enough quality to be top 2 which the club have said is the goal , so keeping our current players shouldn't be the focus,  adding to them should be or even replacing them and adding 

6 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Our current squad is thread bare and doesn't have enough quality to be top 2 which the club have said is the goal , so keeping our current players shouldn't be the focus,  adding to them should be or even replacing them and adding 

We have 24 in our first team squad, Warne doesn't want a big squad and with us limited by what we can do, I think setting expectations appropriately avoids disappointment.

3 hours ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Any further incomings were perhaps dependent on Cashin being sold. Mr Clowes is understandably 'running a tight ship'. 

3 hours ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

GK: Wildsmith, Vickers, Loach

DF: Wilson, Ward, Rooney, Bradley, Nelson, Cashin, Forsyth, Elder

MF: Smith, Bird, Hourihane, Fornah, Thompson, Sibley, Embleton

FW: Waghorn, Washington, Collins, TJJ, NML, Barkhuizen

Youth that can play a part if desperate also includes Bardell, Robinson, Lindsay, Brown, Weston...

I'd say that's pretty far from being bare and we have quite a few options to choose from there.

1 minute ago, Kernow said:

GK: Wildsmith, Vickers, Loach

DF: Wilson, Ward, Rooney, Bradley, Nelson, Cashin, Forsyth, Elder

MF: Smith, Bird, Hourihane, Fornah, Thompson, Sibley, Embleton

FW: Waghorn, Washington, Collins, TJJ, NML, Barkhuizen

Youth that can play a part if desperate also includes Bardell, Robinson, Lindsay, Brown, Weston...

I'd say that's pretty far from being bare and we have quite a few options to choose from there.

Certainly not thread bare, but not an automatic promotion squad.  

1 minute ago, europia said:

Certainly not thread bare, but not an automatic promotion squad.  

That remains to be seen. I've seen squads with less quality get out of this league and this year looks like it could be a free-for-all, I don't think anyone will run away with it.

I was replying to the notion that we have a squad that's bare, which we don't.

We've had a mixed start to the season, but we've hopefully cut out silly mistakes, we're joint top scorers in the league, only behind Barnsley who got 7 in one game. We have some new faces who we're yet to see how much of an impact they can make in Fornah, TJJ and Embleton.

Key players like Ward, Wilson, Bird, Sibley and possibly Barkhuizen still to return to bolster the matchday squad. I'm not super confident of automatic promotion but I'm also definitely not writing it off just yet.

11 hours ago, ramit said:

If the players we can get are no better than the players we have, or players we lose, then sign no one this window and let youth fill the gaps.

You will not know until they all play together for a few games. They might all just be a perfect fit. I remember those moaning about CKR and McGoldrick when they came in. Didn't turn out too bad did they.