Deadline Day what would you like to happen

S8TY

Even though I'm opposed to the restrictions of a transfer window, never the less its an exciting day for most fans....

DCFC though are not usually over active and I always stay up with a few beers watching the breaking news hoping to see our name mentioned with an exciting new signing and tonight will be no different even though it's bound to end in dissapointment. lol

I will never forget how crap i felt losing Rasiak at the last minute and not replacing him so...here is my TDD questions

1/ What would constitute a good TDD for you ?

2/ who would you like to be brought in ( realistic options )

3/ would you be dissapointed if we got no one in ?

4/ How much difference do you think it would make if we brought in your choices of player ?

Here are my answers:

1/ I would like at least 3 players in even if its a couple of loans 

2/ JCH , Vaulks , A decent young  CB with pace like Earl from Fleetwood 

3/ yes

4/ I'm not a massive fan of JCH but do think a goalscorer will make us top 2 rather than top 6 also a quicker CB would help 

16 minutes ago, S8TY said:

Even though I'm opposed to the restrictions of a transfer window, never the less its an exciting day for most fans....

DCFC though are not usually over active and I always stay up with a few beers watching the breaking news hoping to see our name mentioned with an exciting new signing and tonight will be no different even though it's bound to end in dissapointment. lol

I will never forget how crap i felt losing Rasiak at the last minute and not replacing him so...here is my TDD questions

1/ What would constitute a good TDD for you ?

2/ who would you like to be brought in ( realistic options )

3/ would you be dissapointed if we got no one in ?

4/ How much difference do you think it would make if we brought in your choices of player ?

Here are my answers:

1/ I would like at least 3 players in even if its a couple of loans 

2/ JCH , Vaulks , A decent young  CB with pace like Earl from Fleetwood 

3/ yes

4/ I'm not a massive fan of JCH but do think a goalscorer will make us top 2 rather than top 6 also a quicker CB would help 

Looks like you’ve got Embleton rather than Vaulks.

JCH talk has gone quiet.

Earl would be a stellar signing but no one has given a sniff it might happen so at this late stage, unlikely.

Embleton in, no one out would be a satisfactory last day outcome, if a little dull.

There’s something to be said for stability and we have a big game tomorrow.

1 minute ago, Anag Ram said:

Looks like you’ve got Embleton rather than Vaulks.

JCH talk has gone quiet.

Earl would be a stellar signing but no one has given a sniff it might happen so at this late stage, unlikely.

Embleton in, no one out would be a satisfactory last day outcome, if a little dull.

There’s something to be said for stability and we have a big game tomorrow.

BT says we have been in negotiations with Posh over JCH for weeks and there is genuine interest. Hopefully things are going on behind the scenes 😊

6 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

BT says we have been in negotiations with Posh over JCH for weeks and there is genuine interest. Hopefully things are going on behind the scenes 😊

🤞Indeed so.

This all reminds me of the negotiations we went through to ensure that Brexit went smoothly and to bring new prosperity from our new business relationships. 

Expect a deadline day signing from the Peruvian third tier.

13 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

In an ideal scenario... Embleton in on loan and JCH on a permanent today. Dabo and Tuanzebe on short-term contracts until the end of the season to provide full-back/centre-back competition announced after the deadline.

I wouldn't hold your breath on Tuanzebe lol! 

A good number 10 would be well received and someone to cover Ward/Wilson while they're injured. 

I think I'm comfortable with the striker situation - the four we have, five included Brown, is enough for League One. 

When everyone is fit, we're very nearly there. I'd still like a top-notch striker to play with Waggy and maybe a pacey CB. I would have said we needed a starting 8 or a 10, but Thommo looks like he's ready to be our star there and I don't really want us to block his development.

Vaulks/Emberton in as options in the middle to allow us to rest Hourihane when his legs fall off at 60 mins sounds likely and would be welcome.

I'm a bit worried about Elder. I know he's recovering from injury, but he looks so slow and unfit when he's come on. Hopefully he manages to find his fitness because he was the signing I was most excited for. Maybe we bring in Fosu as cover.

I wouldn't be too shocked to see Barkhuizen go (not itk, just a feeling) and if the money is right for Cashin then we have to go for it (and most importantly either loan him back or replace him asap).

14 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

🤞Indeed so.

This all reminds me of the negotiations we went through to ensure that Brexit went smoothly and to bring new prosperity from our new business relationships. 

Expect a deadline day signing from the Peruvian third tier.

The signings are ‘oven ready ‘ Smoggy 🫣

1 minute ago, Big Trav said:

My ideal end for this window would be: 

- Keeping Cashin 

- Signing Emberton

- Signing another forward player 

- and because I’m greedy I’d like a creative midfielder 

I'm not opposed to Cashin going if we could bring in a pacey CB but otherwise think you're spot on BT