Classic photo

admira

Kevin Hector..my favourite player when I was at school.

I was always "King Kev" when playing football. All the other kids were either Wednesday or United back in the day in Sheffield.

If only his header had gone in against Poland and not been stopped on the line.

I don't think I ever got over not making the 74 World Cup. The only other disappointment that came close was losing to Leicester at Wembley in the nineties.

5 hours ago, IslandExile said:

Not a happy time for Derby though was it?

Wasn't it in the run up to the Poland game and around the time C & T resigned?

I seem to recall that the Derby players took a lot of stick from certain members of the England  squad because of the Clough and Taylor resignations.

1 hour ago, Brammie Steve said:

Kev was brought on by Alf for about 2 minutes at the end and came so close to scoring that we thought it was in!

Although some blamed Cloughie for calling Tomasewzki a clown. But I reckon if Kev had come on earlier Sir Alf might have kept his job!

Sir Alf told Kev to get ready and warm up much earlier, but our King Zak presumed the manager was talking to Kevin Keegan and sat on his hands. Only a while later did Ramsey turn around and, to his dismay, see Hector hadn't even stripped off! That's the story I heard anyway.

2 hours ago, Brammie Steve said:

Kev was brought on by Alf for about 2 minutes at the end and came so close to scoring that we thought it was in!

Although some blamed Cloughie for calling Tomasewzki a clown. But I reckon if Kev had come on earlier Sir Alf might have kept his job!

Wasn't there a story about "the wrong Kevin" coming on?  Along the lines of "Get yer tracksuit off Kevin".  And the wrong Kevin got ready?  I assume Keegan was the other, but my memory is very vague... Shockingly so!  Clearly!  🤣

I'm sure there's more than one poster on here that will put me right... or tell me to stop talking bowlux!  🤷‍♂️

3 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Sir Alf told Kev to get ready and warm up much earlier, but our King Zak presumed the manager was talking to Kevin Keegan and sat on his hands. Only a while later did Ramsey turn around and, to his dismay, see Hector hadn't even stripped off! That's the story I heard anyway.

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

Wasn't there a story about "the wrong Kevin" coming on?  Along the lines of "Get yer tracksuit off Kevin".  And the wrong Kevin got ready?  I assume Keegan was the other, but my memory is very vague... Shockingly so!  Clearly!  🤣

I'm sure there's more than one poster on here that will put me right... or tell me to stop talking bowlux!  🤷‍♂️

I thought it was Hector that was told to warm up but he thought it was aimed at Keegan. Poor communication cost us winning the World Cup with 4 derby players in the side.

West Ham could have stuck their bubbles right up their east end.

14 hours ago, sheffieldram said:

Kevin Hector..my favourite player when I was at school.

I was always "King Kev" when playing football. All the other kids were either Wednesday or United back in the day in Sheffield.

If only his header had gone in against Poland and not been stopped on the line.

I don't think I ever got over not making the 74 World Cup. The only other disappointment that came close was losing to Leicester at Wembley in the nineties.

If he hadn't been pushed in the back he'd have hit the back of the net with that header. Should have been a penalty.