Eiran Cashin

Heisenberg

7 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I strongly disagree - for a couple of reasons. 

1) Cashin is going to believe in his own ability, much like when we were all kids and thought we could make it as professional footballers. He's not going to be thinking: 'well, Brighton want me and are willing to pay £4m (as well as a massive pay rise) for me to transfer there, but I don't believe I'm good enough so I'll stick it out here instead'? Obviously not, he's going to trust in his own ability and that they want him at the club for a reason. A loan to a Championship club, while still contracted to a Premier League club on a 4-5 year deal is preferable to playing in League One.

2) sit in their U23s, now U21s  - Brighton aren't going to pay close to £4m and probably £20-30k a week to a player to play in their U21 side, especially when that player is already 21. He's earmarked for the first team squad and will be training with their players. Again, people believe that if players aren't playing then they're not developing, obviously I think logic would state that Eiran Cashin is going to be learning more under a world class manager, playing against the Mitoma than he is under Warne playing against Conor Washington. The level of coaching alone is going to be immeasurably better for him.  

It's not a retrogressive step for him, at all. A move to the Premier League at 21, to one of the best run and progressive clubs, not only in the country but the entire world, is absolutely not a retrogressive step regardless of your own thoughts and opinions on his ability. The scouting/coaching staff at Brighton obviously hold a very different opinion to you and based on their success rate then I would be incline to agree with them. Even to use Matt Clarke as an example - he had a few loan moves to the Championship after his £3m move. He did very well for us and others and then eventually moved on to Middlesbrough on a permanent deal for £3.5m (profit for Brighton). Do you think Clarke regrets that move now? Of course not, the team he played for are still stuck in League One five years on and have shown very few signs of any type of progression. 

All about opinions....and of course time will tell. Fact is due to the last minute nature of the "deal" Cash would not have had time to then get loaned out to another team so would have spent the next 3 months the [probably] in Brightons reserves...

On 05/09/2023 at 13:21, Ambitious said:

I strongly disagree - for a couple of reasons. 

1) Cashin is going to believe in his own ability, much like when we were all kids and thought we could make it as professional footballers. He's not going to be thinking: 'well, Brighton want me and are willing to pay £4m (as well as a massive pay rise) for me to transfer there, but I don't believe I'm good enough so I'll stick it out here instead'? Obviously not, he's going to trust in his own ability and that they want him at the club for a reason. A loan to a Championship club, while still contracted to a Premier League club on a 4-5 year deal is preferable to playing in League One.

2) sit in their U23s, now U21s  - Brighton aren't going to pay close to £4m and probably £20-30k a week to a player to play in their U21 side, especially when that player is already 21. He's earmarked for the first team squad and will be training with their players. Again, people believe that if players aren't playing then they're not developing, obviously I think logic would state that Eiran Cashin is going to be learning more under a world class manager, playing against the Mitoma than he is under Warne playing against Conor Washington. The level of coaching alone is going to be immeasurably better for him.  

It's not a retrogressive step for him, at all. A move to the Premier League at 21, to one of the best run and progressive clubs, not only in the country but the entire world, is absolutely not a retrogressive step regardless of your own thoughts and opinions on his ability. The scouting/coaching staff at Brighton obviously hold a very different opinion to you and based on their success rate then I would be incline to agree with them. Even to use Matt Clarke as an example - he had a few loan moves to the Championship after his £3m move. He did very well for us and others and then eventually moved on to Middlesbrough on a permanent deal for £3.5m (profit for Brighton). Do you think Clarke regrets that move now? Of course not, the team he played for are still stuck in League One five years on and have shown very few signs of any type of progression. 

I disagree with your point about the u21s but agree with your point around Clarke

I don't think Cashin would be going into the Brighton first team squad - they're pushing for Europe again and have just signed a future global superstar on loan from Barcelona - Cashin is good and could be very good but he's not at that level yet

They had a very smart model with Clarke - buy cheap, loan out to cover wages and recoup transfer fee with loan fees - sell if he's not ready for PL football still - they would do the exact same with Cashin. Also as you rightly say, that would be a better option for Cashin

And just a reminder to all - Brighton's Premier League prize + TV revenue alone last season was around £160m and they made a £90m profit on players this transfer window - £4m is probably less than they spent on agents fees

If Brighton thought Cashin was first-team material he'd have gone the same route as many, like Kaoru Mitoma, Deniz Undav and Kacper Kozlowski to Union Saint-Gilloise (their sister club in Belgium), or Moisés Caicedo did at Beerschot. Steven Alzate went to Standard Liege. Kjell Scherpen went to the Austrian Bundesliga. They have so many players being developed and it is tremendously successful. Matt Clarke was one of a few they never bothered with. It was the same with Haydon Roberts and Aaron Connolly.

When the rumour went around that Yves Bissouma was going to be sold after his night club incident – he was the best midfielder in the league at that time – I was told they were not worried if he went, because they knew they had a much better player in Caidedo performing wonders in the Belgium league. It was similar with manager Potter, they were happy he left them, and they had a replacement already scouted and were delighted he joined Chelsea.

Brighton are massively in debt, they owe their owner nearly three quarters of a billion, but he is not worried, he is a professional gambler and his wealth increases each year. All I was told when I asked why the deal did not happen is that a fee was never agreed. The fault, it may be at their end, or at our end. I doubt it would be Cashin's demands.

2 hours ago, Macintosh said:

If Brighton thought Cashin was first-team material he'd have gone the same route as many, like Kaoru Mitoma, Deniz Undav and Kacper Kozlowski to Union Saint-Gilloise (their sister club in Belgium), or Moisés Caicedo did at Beerschot. Steven Alzate went to Standard Liege. Kjell Scherpen went to the Austrian Bundesliga. They have so many players being developed and it is tremendously successful. Matt Clarke was one of a few they never bothered with. It was the same with Haydon Roberts and Aaron Connolly.

When the rumour went around that Yves Bissouma was going to be sold after his night club incident – he was the best midfielder in the league at that time – I was told they were not worried if he went, because they knew they had a much better player in Caidedo performing wonders in the Belgium league. It was similar with manager Potter, they were happy he left them, and they had a replacement already scouted and were delighted he joined Chelsea.

Brighton are massively in debt, they owe their owner nearly three quarters of a billion, but he is not worried, he is a professional gambler and his wealth increases each year. All I was told when I asked why the deal did not happen is that a fee was never agreed. The fault, it may be at their end, or at our end. I doubt it would be Cashin's demands.

We should in that case have sold him and renegotiated the loan-back clause to be a tour around their business setup and some useful teaching sessions from their CEO!

Edited by RoyMac5

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

We've tried that one. They're weren't interested at the minute, even to facilitate Cashins loan there.

Next summer the efl remove all transfer restrictions. We could offer a loan deal with an agreement to buy in the summer.

2 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

We've tried that one. They're weren't interested at the minute, even to facilitate Cashins loan there.

What am I missing? Edmundson plays for Ipswich, correct?

Just now, jameso said:

What am I missing? Edmundson plays for Ipswich, correct?

Cashin was due to go to Ipswich or Blackburn on loan .  Derby wanted him back till January. We asked Ipswich on deadline day to let us have Edmundson on loan to allow them to have Cashin .  They refused so we refused the Brighton move.  Last minute Brighton agreed to return him till January.  All too late for Cashin, 4 million and a loan back for Derby and Ipswich being told he wasn't going if Brighton signed him or not.

As per usual, the real losers are Derby as they're a large sum of money and probably a decent player or three down.  Brighton can get him cheaper in January and Ipswich will no doubt get him then.

7 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Cashin was due to go to Ipswich or Blackburn on loan .  Derby wanted him back till January. We asked Ipswich on deadline day to let us have Edmundson on loan to allow them to have Cashin .  They refused so we refused the Brighton move.  Last minute Brighton agreed to return him till January.  All too late for Cashin, 4 million and a loan back for Derby and Ipswich being told he wasn't going if Brighton signed him or not.

As per usual, the real losers are Derby as they're a large sum of money and probably a decent player or three down.  Brighton can get him cheaper in January and Ipswich will no doubt get him then.

Do you mean the deal was Cashin to Brighton (which I knew about) and then Brighton to loan him to Ipswich or Blackburn (which I didn't)?

Sorry - I obviously didn't get the memo! 🤣

33 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Sounds like we tried to be crafty and ended up with sod all, except a player who will have an agent in his ear telling him his next move could be a big one, so no injuries.

At least we managed to get exciting players like Jon Jules O'tool and Embleton.