v Oxford United (H) Match Thread

Kernow

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

The middle of the park is to be bypassed by passes out to the wingbacks to sling crosses over.

Its baffling. The two best footballers we have in the side are in the centre of the park and they don't get a kick and its not Korey Smith. 

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Does anyone know if you can get a refund on Nelson and Bradley? Even free seems too expensive for the chuckle brothers so far 

Oh no... they have a derogatory nickname as a double-act? I'm not sure there's any coming back from that!

Hate to say it but I've not been impressed with Bradley so far. He's a great threat from set pieces but his decision making has not been the best. He should of stepped up and played the ball instead of standing off and forcing Cashin to come out of position and leaving his man un marked. Hopefully it's because he's still settling in but yeah, he seems like he gets caught in 2 minds at times at the moment.

We still lack a presence up front.

Problem with Warneball is if we aren’t winning then it’s just unforgivable because the football is crap.

I know possession isn’t everything. But not even dominating the ball at home in League One is just woeful.

We should be racking up over 60% of the ball in every home game this season and having more shots than the opposition.

So far we have done neither.

3 minutes ago, Derbados said:

How on earth can you have all that time and preparation over a full pre season and churn this absolute tripe up? 

Im honestly lost for words, this is absolute dross

100% agree.

I think Warnes way out of his depth now, the football is abject and after a full pre season.

He's starting to have a wiff of Ian Holloway about him now for me. Will end up just being a joke.

I was all for warne and hoped he do well, it's only game 3 but this is VERY worrying.

1 minute ago, TheTinMan said:

Its baffling. The two best footballers we have in the side are in the centre of the park and they don't get a kick and its not Korey Smith. 

Yeah - but that’s on the manager who thinks a long ball to Collins is a better option.

9 minutes ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

At least the boo boys are happy. Nice to see such real supporters.

Posts like these wind me up almost as much as watching the team I love play like a sunday pub team.

Are you watching the game? Do you think anyone is happy with how we're playing? People are going to voice those concerns and, by the looks of it, have every right to be concerned.

To borrow a metaphor: real mates tell you when you're being a prat, happy-clappers and tag-alongs pretend everything's alright when it's not because it's easy.

4 minutes ago, Andicis said:

We've had a lot more corners, the same number of shots and possession. Oxford don't look any of those things to me, I think it seems a pretty close game. I think people must be watching a different game to me. 

I think it’s been a disjointed performance, was hoping the win against Burton would bring some confidence to the lads but they still seem nervous. However, you’re right in that it’s a close game, we have had chances from set pieces, they’re not massively better than we are they’re just using the ball better in midfield. So the test is whether or not the players and Warne can react and change it. Maybe go 4-3-3, get Bird in midfield with Thompson and Smith, put Waggy on for Bradley or Nelson and get him closer to Collins with NML on the other side. 

Just now, TheTinMan said:

It's not so much that they don't get a kick but that everyone looks like they're not sure whose space they're in or meant to be in, or who should be moving to where (or not moving at all) to receive a pass.

After that, the quality of ball use (particularly from Hourihane) has been hit and miss so far.

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

The middle of the park is to be bypassed by passes out to the wingbacks to sling crosses over.

How many times has that happened? Fozzy 0. Ward had one that ballooned over Collins, can't remember anything else.

I'm actually angry now. This is so poor.