Is Warne living on borrowed time?

3 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Do we all feel a bit better now?

It’s going to be a long season. We may or may not finish in the   Top 6. Clearly, we’re short of pace and it could well be that there’s no money to sort it. 

So, I’m happy we have a win, a clean sheet, 3 different scorers and a better performance. I don’t expect us to take the Division by storm on the back of a good win at Burton but it’s a start. 

I see that there is still the occasional poster who isn’t any happier. I’m not sure I understand that but each to their own. Next week will be a real test. 6 points on offer. I’d take 4 now after those first two home games. Fingers crossed that we are turning the corner and that there might still be enough in the piggy bank to attract a decent pacy midfielder on loan. 

I’m not holding my breath though…

Just now, Jimbo Ram said:

Interesting….that’s what I studied at university 😊

Nice! What uni did you go to? I teach it at the uni level and sometimes to younger students as well. I also do some freelance writing for some magazines and stuff which you may be interested in. 

https://wisdomofcrowds.live/p/leaving-democracy-to-chance-could 

https://thecritic.co.uk/for-the-love-of-juche/ 

Post match yesterday was it me or was Paul Warne seemingly going through the motions of being “pleased”. It looked to me as if he was pretty ashamed and embarrassed about how he’s acted over the last week and his reaction was to be very coy over what should have been a great moment for him.

Maybe I’m reading too much into it.

11 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

Nice! What uni did you go to? I teach it at the uni level and sometimes to younger students as well. I also do some freelance writing for some magazines and stuff which you may be interested in. 

https://wisdomofcrowds.live/p/leaving-democracy-to-chance-could 

https://thecritic.co.uk/for-the-love-of-juche/ 

I will take a look. Got a 2.1 at Queen Mary College, London in 1987….long time ago but actively follow politics ever since 👍

10 minutes ago, Malty said:

Post match yesterday was it me or was Paul Warne seemingly going through the motions of being “pleased”. It looked to me as if he was pretty ashamed and embarrassed about how he’s acted over the last week and his reaction was to be very coy over what should have been a great moment for him.

Or maybe he’s looking to sell a few of them and replace them with ????

18 minutes ago, Malty said:

I think you are! Dont see why he would be ashamed at all anyway.  Paul is a down to earth football manager. He cant have not seen or been told about the negative vibes online generally and we dont know what has happened within the club, if anything.  Football is brutal and would be odd if he wasnt a bit quieter yesterday. Hopefully tigger gets his bounce back very soon

Hopefully we are on an upwards trajectory now after the win but we need to follow it up with a win vs Oxford to reduce the pressure on Warne and make it an alright start to the season.  Lose and it will be 3 consecutive games this season we have lost at Pride Park and that is where most people are seeing us play so the pressure is on more at home. Draw wouldn't be terrible but depending on the performance wouldn't be great after the shocker at home to Blackpool last week, we need to be much better at the back and have more energy and creativity and purpose to our midfield play.

45 minutes ago, Malty said:

Maybe. I got the impression that he was happy and relieved at the outcome, but keeping his feet on the ground after the battering he's taken this week.

1 hour ago, Malty said:

You can read it in any way you like. 

The way I read it was that we’ve got a chance of a top 2 finish, FA Cup QF minimum and I think he was trying to say they’ve already booked the hotel for the Papa Johns trophy. 

Correct me if I’m wrong but did anybody else think this? 

13 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

That would explain it then. Accuracy doesn't matter. 😀

Political Theory is often a fight over accuracy over interpretations of particular scholars. One of my PhD's biggest issues was the division between what some people thought was accurate over what a particular scholar I focused on believed. 

1 hour ago, Malty said:

I think you are reading too much into it. I don't think he came over as either embarrassed or ashamed. He just tries to not overreact regardless of the result especially a win. 

i don't think he will consider it a "great" moment and was honest, it wasn't a great performance in the first half. Just a much needed win. Most of us (including PW I reckon) realise that the result yesterday doesn't mean it's going to be plain sailing now. In the same way that, had we lost, whilst it would have taken the pressure up another notch, it wouldn't have meant our drive for a top two finish (or PW's time at Derby) was anywhere near over.

He said before the Burton game that he was going to have to change his interviews, be less open and provide less information, after the reaction to his midweek post match comments. Who can blame him?

The fans will all moan and cry now because he goes to standard manager speak and gives nothing away.

As it goes in the film, "we want the truth". "You can't handle the truth".