EFL Cup, Round 1

Got a bit of time for their fans. They were very staunch in their support of us when times were darkest for the club. Even when we beat them at their place, they were applauding our lads and singing f*** the EFL with our lot. Good few online were hugely complimentary about our away support too. It was heartwarming and uplifting stuff when it was needed and it won't be forgotten in a hurry.

12 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Got a bit of time for their fans. They were very staunch in their support of us when times were darkest for the club. Even when we beat them at their place, they were applauding our lads and singing f*** the EFL with our lot. Good few online were hugely complimentary about our away support too. It was heartwarming and uplifting stuff when it was needed and it won't be forgotten in a hurry.

Totally agree, I wish them well.

As for most of the other clubs from the championship in that season they can rot for all i care, for example i have zero sympathy for Reading's current plight and don't wish them well at all. Particular mentions should also go to fans Birmingham City, Forest, Middlesbrough, Coventry City and... bizarrely... Peterborough United (whoooo?) who seemed to particularly revel in our plight.

I know it's petty and I shouldn't tar all fans with the same brush, but c'est la vie... the quicker karma comes back to bite them the better.

12 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

I think there's a large majority of Derby fans agree with this!

19 hours ago, David said:

Blackpool fans will be happy, nice day out away from that hell hole of a place.

I don't mind it for a few hours.  One of those places where you can still find bits of it's glory days before it became booze central.  It could be turned around if money was spent correctly.  I would imagine, like Derby, there were some very nice art deco and Victorian buildings that have been flattened for modern crap made of sawdust and sand.  A bit like Newquay, with so many new builds and bars, easy profit has replaced the character ably facilitated by it's council no doubt.