Jason Knight - joined Bristol City

IlsonDerby

19 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

It should be 10 times that to freaking low.

So Knight is worth 25 million?! This for a player that has 1 year left on his contract, that hasn't pulled up any trees in L1, yeah, sure, keep dreaming mate.

11 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

I think too many people give too much credence to B4 and his player valuations 

I'm not sure that's the case but at the same time it seems reasonable to point out why it's a tad unrealistic!

40 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Imagine B4 becoming an estate agent.

"Erm, yes mate, for this one bedroom flat in Alvaston, I'll get it on the market for offer over £1.75 million" 😂

Come on now that is far too low!

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

Knight’s skills are largely in the ugly, practical side of the game.

He rats and harries, covers for teammates, runs into areas which create space for others, wins cheap free kicks.

As a RWB, I thought he did a pretty good job. He was certainly a help to NML.

In midfield he had to do a lot of the grunt work for the less mobile Hourihane and Bird. Little wonder he didn’t create much.

I’d say if Knight goes (and that looks increasingly likely), we need two CM players in, one attacking and one as a grafter.

Bird can act as pivot and I see Hourihane as an impact sub or fill-in for Bird.

We definitely need more impact/momentum from midfield because we’re at our best when playing with tempo.

I think Liam Thompson could also do though things that Knight does, given the chance

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

Knight’s skills are largely in the ugly, practical side of the game.

He rats and harries, covers for teammates, runs into areas which create space for others, wins cheap free kicks.

As a RWB, I thought he did a pretty good job. He was certainly a help to NML.

In midfield he had to do a lot of the grunt work for the less mobile Hourihane and Bird. Little wonder he didn’t create much.

I’d say if Knight goes (and that looks increasingly likely), we need two CM players in, one attacking and one as a grafter.

Bird can act as pivot and I see Hourihane as an impact sub or fill-in for Bird.

We definitely need more impact/momentum from midfield because we’re at our best when playing with tempo.

We need a CDM , and if Knight goes we Need a box to box midfielder. Plus a lot more creativity from our wide players . And a couple of CFs.

18 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

We need a CDM , and if Knight goes we Need a box to box midfielder. Plus a lot more creativity from our wide players . And a couple of CFs.

Well we won't be getting those. We are preparing for a season in the third division on a tight budget, not the championship following a promotion campaign  

15 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Why

We sold good players on for peanuts mate and frankly we need make money off them.

B4, I love your positive attitude and understand your frustration but no one has offered tens of millions .. if he was worth that then someone would. No matter how good we think a player is you can only sell for what people will pay.

So we have had some low offers all edged to be 1.5 million .. If Knighty was worth say 10 million, then why hasn’t there been a rush of clubs saying “wow, we could get knight on the cheap for 5 million” ? 

I like my car, I have looked after it and it is very reliable and I know all the good bits about it, but in the end if I want to sell it no one will pay very much more than cars with a similar age, performance and specification. 

1 hour ago, Gerry Daly said:

I think Liam Thompson could also do though things that Knight does, given the chance

I’d be really surprised if Thompson plus much of a part with us going forwards. Went backwards last season after a decent break through. Has no confidence on the ball, drifts out of position constantly. Drops deep all the time. Ended up being loaned to a team relegated from the conference.

Maybe a loan to league two this season and see if he can find a position or way forward in the men’s game.

1 hour ago, jono said:

B4, I love your positive attitude and understand your frustration but no one has offered tens of millions .. if he was worth that then someone would. No matter how good we think a player is you can only sell for what people will pay.

So we have had some low offers all edged to be 1.5 million .. If Knighty was worth say 10 million, then why hasn’t there been a rush of clubs saying “wow, we could get knight on the cheap for 5 million” ? 

I like my car, I have looked after it and it is very reliable and I know all the good bits about it, but in the end if I want to sell it no one will pay very much more than cars with a similar age, performance and specification. 

Well I think waiting for someone make a prober bif rather than joke of a bid.

2 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I said 10m get it right

I agree with you B4 I think knight will be worth £10 million but right now in the third division of English football we won’t be receiving those kind of offers - I do hope he wants to stay and signs an extended contract with us as we get promoted and he shows his abilities again in the championship for us. At that point we may see bids that are much better if we wanted to sell.

9 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I said 10m get it right

You said he was worth 10 times 2.5 million mate which is £25m

unfortunately I think we’ll do well to get anything over £2m for him he’s playing in league 1 and as only 1 year left on his contract 

Edited by Henrycav81

8 minutes ago, Henrycav81 said:

You said he was worth 10 times 2.5 million mate which is £25m

unfortunately I think we’ll do well to get anything over £2m for him he’s playing in league 1 and as only 1 year left on his contract 

Well for me 1o times that 10m 20 times is 25m but my maths not the greats.