Rams Heritage Trust display take a look and please come !

loweman2

1 hour ago, loweman2 said:

We had this lad drop him, made him an honorary lifetime member of the Rams Heritage Trust.

Our saviour !

he loved it and we are going places ❤️

605c05b8-75a2-4899-8b59-043c578b57cc.jpeg

Did you tell him my mate has the missing programme?

A tremendous effort by the heritage team and all memorabilia was superbly presented - at last - real steps towards a Rams heritage space at PPS are moving forward. It's been promised since the stadium was in the planning stages!

Very enjoyable afternoon and great to meet the R H T folks. You can be very proud of the exhibition and here's to many more! 

Edited by Woodypecker

22 hours ago, Woodypecker said:

It's been promised since the stadium was in the planning stages!

I find this to be almost criminal. That in 26 years STILL nothing official. Very tinpot, but I’ve faith in D. C. sorting this now.

Edited by Kingpin

It needs to be combined with a cafe or bar at the ground.

I don't see a museum on it's own being an attraction that will see a consistent level of foot traffic through the doors compared to clubs such as Barca, Real, Man Utd, Liverpool etc.

The Cavern Club in Liverpool is a great example, bar areas with the memorabilia in glass boxes around the venue.

I know Pride Park is out the way for midweek drinkers, there has to be a way to make such a venue work though.

9 hours ago, David said:

It needs to be combined with a cafe or bar at the ground.

I don't see a museum on it's own being an attraction that will see a consistent level of foot traffic through the doors compared to clubs such as Barca, Real, Man Utd, Liverpool etc.

The Cavern Club in Liverpool is a great example, bar areas with the memorabilia in glass boxes around the venue.

I know Pride Park is out the way for midweek drinkers, there has to be a way to make such a venue work though.

I have used Arsenal as a great example and told David that we have an open invite from the club to go back down, they have set up a fantastic timeline of where the club came from and followed the history through to modern day, great use of lighting and sound adds to the experience, story boards as you walk through, it’s not about trophies it’s a celebration of the heritage, we can include our engineering links with the railways and the aero industry and make it about the people of Derby and how the club has been integral to their lives for the past 140 years, lots of photos and media, we had three screens running over the display on a loop which people just stood and watched, then importantly we will change the exhibits on a regular basis to keep it interesting and include themes such as eras or cup competitions through the season, it can be tied in with the ticket office, the yard and the club shop and of course ground tours, money can be made by the club, the good thing is that we are now up and running, lots of hard work over the years is now coming together, keep watching this space 👍🐏❤️

• 1 month later...