Away tickets 23/24

Foreveram

7 hours ago, Rich3478 said:

Just look around at games? We chant at away fans at home if they don’t stand up! Watch tv, 90% of away ends stood. A lot more home fans too around the country.

i’m not saying it’s right but I just don’t see what it’s going to achieve keep bringing it up.

What’s your advice? Keep making comments on a forum? Not sure that will help any more than my advice!

Perhaps some fans don’t want to stand but have to because others in front of them are standing? Buying tickets at the front with the intention of standing is selfish.

Stewards & police do nothing about persistent standing. Being a wheelchair user I have to avoid certain away grounds because I know I won’t see most of the game because people will be standing in front of me.

Something needs to change.

13 hours ago, Rich3478 said:

Just look around at games? We chant at away fans at home if they don’t stand up! Watch tv, 90% of away ends stood. A lot more home fans too around the country.

i’m not saying it’s right but I just don’t see what it’s going to achieve keep bringing it up.

What’s your advice? Keep making comments on a forum? Not sure that will help any more than my advice!

Ah well, we might as well stop talking about team selections, tactics, FFP and summer transfer options, because......

This is actually an issue we could do something about, but the amicable solution lies with those who currently treat their fellow fans with contempt. So much for "we're all Derby, aren't we?"

10 hours ago, CBX1985 said:

Indeed.  I'm 6ft 4.  If I am in front of you, you will see nothing.  I feel guilty standing for the players walking out and the "Steve Bloomer song", let alone the whole game.

I know I'm in the minority, but I do think going back to standing is a retrograde step.  Like those who want to go back to no health and safety; dubious child-rearing techniques and Fahrenheit as it seems nostalgic.  

You must be the bloke who stands in front of me at nearly every away match! I'm 5ft 4. 🥲😉

I think clubs need to adopt safe standing spaces for away fans and vigorously ensure at least 20% is sit down only for those who are unable to sit. Football in the past 30 years has become a much better environment for children, women and those who are older. It'd be terrible if people started drifting away because a few people can't bear to sit for 90 minutes. Don't get me wrong at home games I'd prefer to be standing. But I respect the fact that when not in the South Stand it's not appropriate or fair for me to do so. 

2 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

I think clubs need to adopt safe standing spaces for away fans and vigorously ensure at least 20% is sit down only for those who are unable to sit. Football in the past 30 years has become a much better environment for children, women and those who are older. It'd be terrible if people started drifting away because a few people can't bear to sit for 90 minutes. Don't get me wrong at home games I'd prefer to be standing. But I respect the fact that when not in the South Stand it's not appropriate or fair for me to do so. 

Exactly. At the moment I can still stand if I have to, (which is 90% of our matches) but what happens when I can't? No more away games? 

I can't stand for the whole match nowadays. When it gets unbearable I just leave the ground. I was going to go to Darlington the other week to watch buxton till I read that all seating was for home season ticket holders. I'd presume they would have to make arrangements for disabled. 

13 minutes ago, angieram said:

Exactly. At the moment I can still stand if I have to, (which is 90% of our matches) but what happens when I can't? No more away games? 

Which would be terrible. Clubs can do it they just need the willpower to be strict about it. 

On 18/03/2024 at 12:23, angieram said:

Interesting how many of the seats have gone first, I bet a good 60% of them to people with no intention of sitting down.

I'm looking forward to watching the fun! 

19 hours ago, Rich3478 said:

I think people just desperate for a ticket. Take what they can.

I get what you’re saying about sitting down but doesn’t feel an argument you’re going to win. Vast majority of people want to stand. Buy tickets at the front about the only advice I can think of.

I'm not certain it's @angieram you need to be offering advice to?  🤷‍♂️

Do you not have any words of wisdom for those that wantonly flout the rules?

Re "Take what they can"... did they not have the option to choose a standing ticket on the terrace... at the same time they purchased a seat ticket?

Re "Vast majority of people want to stand"... Where on Earth has this load of twaddle come from?  I'd imagine the "vast majority" of those that do stand, do so solely because the git in front is standing, and obstructing their view!

The term "Vast majority" usually refers to 95% or more (As opposed to >50% for the term "majority").  Are you sure you chose your words wisely?   

I'd imagine (But look forward to seeing the results of your poll, which will no doubt prove me wrong) that... "at best"...there's a sizeable minority of fans who prefer to stand at away games.
It is obvious beyond doubt that "the vast majority" of home fans in seated areas prefer to sit... or at the very least, are happy to abide by the stadium rules. 

23 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I'm not certain it's @angieram you need to be offering advice to?  🤷‍♂️

Do you not have any words of wisdom for those that wantonly flout the rules?

Re "Take what they can"... did they not have the option to choose a standing ticket on the terrace... at the same time they purchased a seat ticket?

Re "Vast majority of people want to stand"... Where on Earth has this load of twaddle come from?  I'd imagine the "vast majority" of those that do stand, do so solely because the git in front is standing, and obstructing their view!

The term "Vast majority" usually refers to 95% or more (As opposed to >50% for the term "majority").  Are you sure you chose your words wisely?   

I'd imagine (But look forward to seeing the results of your poll, which will no doubt prove me wrong) that... "at best"...there's a sizeable minority of fans who prefer to stand at away games.
It is obvious beyond doubt that "the vast majority" of home fans in seated areas prefer to sit... or at the very least, are happy to abide by the stadium rules. 

I had to smile about the ‘buy tickets at the front’ advice, clubs very often don’t sell the first one or two rows, I guess the thinking it’s if you’re going to run on to the pitch it’s harder if you have to climb over seats to get there.

So fans buy tickets at “ the front “ expecting to be at the front.

Unfortunately we’re a big fish in a small pond in this league where they don’t often have sellout away ends, so when we have took all the seats offered to us clubs invariably cash in by releasing the front rows often to people that have decided that they wish to stand, regardless.

It’s happened on numerous occasions in the last couple of seasons.

3 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

I’m still waiting for Wycombe and Portsmouth tickets to arrive, ordered last Tuesday 😧

They are posting the ticket 1st class, as I cannot get to Derby this week. Hopefully RM do their job!

2 hours ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

Taken from a young Bolton fans vlog………………from 9min 30secs.

IMG_1424.thumb.jpeg.5f1fdee24c8eb40df90e15243db606fd.jpeg

As someone in the background said "f***ingredients embarrassing!"

Fighting with your own fans. 🙄

In the heat of the moment, even folk in the West Stand Upper were on their feet, and that's understandable, but they sat down again when play settled down. 

It's the wilful standing that needs sorting. 

28 minutes ago, angieram said:

As someone in the background said "f***ingredients embarrassing!"

Fighting with your own fans. 🙄

In the heat of the moment, even folk in the West Stand Upper were on their feet, and that's understandable, but they sat down again when play settled down. 

It's the wilful standing that needs sorting. 

I enjoyed watching that - the young lad gave a pretty reflective account to go with his video 👏🏻👏🏻 🐏😃